Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

nia.nolesbc83f4be Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, May 05, 2014 1:31:11 PM(UTC)
nia.nolesbc83f4be

Groups: Registered

Is anyone else having this issue? I have downloaded the update 5 times, each time clearing cookies, and all that happens is the status bar showing it is downloading for several minutes...without completing the install. And without installing the update, I can't get into the Design space. Any suggestions for anyone?
Cricut Lisa Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, May 05, 2014 1:40:05 PM(UTC)
Cricut Lisa

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator, Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 43 post(s)
Originally Posted by: nia.nolesbc83f4be Go to Quoted Post
Is anyone else having this issue? I have downloaded the update 5 times, each time clearing cookies, and all that happens is the status bar showing it is downloading for several minutes...without completing the install. And without installing the update, I can't get into the Design space. Any suggestions for anyone?

Hello

I think you are referring to the plug in update right? All you need to do once you complete the download is close that browser window and any others you may have open. Once all the browsers are closed the wizard should pop up to complete the install process. Once you are done with the browser update you can do the firmware update. You will be prompted to do that when you click the cut button, or you can go to "update firmware" in the upper left hand corner by your name. This should work for you.

Thanks,

Cricut Lisa
nia.nolesbc83f4be Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, May 05, 2014 2:33:29 PM(UTC)
nia.nolesbc83f4be

It is the Cricut Design Space 0.044R. When I open Design Space, log in, and go to make a new design, the window comes us telling me this must be updated...I download the update, close the windows, find the file, double click on it and all it does is spool, saying it is downloading. But it never finishes. Now I can't access Design Space at all because this won't update.
Cricut Lisa Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, May 05, 2014 2:47:47 PM(UTC)
Cricut Lisa

Groups: Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator, Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 43 post(s)
Originally Posted by: nia.nolesbc83f4be Go to Quoted Post
It is the Cricut Design Space 0.044R. When I open Design Space, log in, and go to make a new design, the window comes us telling me this must be updated...I download the update, close the windows, find the file, double click on it and all it does is spool, saying it is downloading. But it never finishes. Now I can't access Design Space at all because this won't update.

Follow the steps in the plug in window. Are you closing all your browsers? Once you download the plug in, close all of your open browsers and tabs. After that there will be a set up wizard to complete the process.

Thanks. Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Cricut Lisa
MaryScraps Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, May 05, 2014 4:05:46 PM(UTC)
MaryScraps

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 6894 time(s) in 2801 post(s)
My update went fine.
I thought we were not going to have to deal with updates now that everything is in the Cloud.
I know I read it somewhere from PC.
GypsyBoricua Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, May 05, 2014 4:10:41 PM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Was thanked: 760 time(s) in 408 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MaryScraps Go to Quoted Post
My update went fine.
I thought we were not going to have to deal with updates now that everything is in the Cloud.
I know I read it somewhere from PC.

I knew we would have to do software updates, but I thought the whole reason for being in the "Cloud" was to stop firmware updates.
Crazy Crafty Jo Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, May 05, 2014 4:23:51 PM(UTC)
Crazy Crafty Jo

I was having the same problem so I called Cricut Support and got it all sorted out. here is what I was told to do:

I was told to go into my Internet Plug Ins folder on my Macbook and remove and delete the old cricut plug in. After that has been removed, I cleared my trash bin and re-installed the new plug in. Then I continued with closing my browser completely and re-opening it.

and TaDa it worked!. I was told that for further updates I may need to do this same thing also as that is their work around for the time being so for reference this may come in handy.

I hope this works for you as it did for me :)

Happy Crafting!
JanisD Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, May 05, 2014 6:30:50 PM(UTC)
JanisD

United States

Was thanked: 1311 time(s) in 1006 post(s)
Yes & on the Plug In update I had to close my design space window & any other pages that were open. Went super fast.
Then when I did the firmware update that also went well..... I was happy of that. But I don't think I've ever had an issue with updates on any of mine cricuts.

Janis
jscraftylady Offline
#9 Posted : Monday, May 05, 2014 6:49:36 PM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 2314 time(s) in 1245 post(s)
If you are on a PC and you open the installer and it tells you that the Design Space Plug in is in use and all your browsers are closed, Ctrl-Alt-Del to your Task Manager, go to Processes and make sure you don't see your browsers on the list. If you do, end the tasks.
Sherri Kay Offline
#10 Posted : Monday, May 05, 2014 7:20:02 PM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Was thanked: 2406 time(s) in 2158 post(s)
Is there a firmware update too? I did the Plug-In Update.
GypsyBoricua Offline
#11 Posted : Monday, May 05, 2014 7:23:17 PM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Was thanked: 760 time(s) in 408 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Sherri Kay Go to Quoted Post
Is there a firmware update too? I did the Plug-In Update.

Yes there is.
GracefulGrammar Offline
#12 Posted : Monday, May 05, 2014 8:02:45 PM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Was thanked: 1912 time(s) in 918 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GypsyBoricua Go to Quoted Post
I knew we would have to do software updates, but I thought the whole reason for being in the "Cloud" was to stop firmware updates.

That was stated by some users and bloggers.......... but PC never stated that... People who understood how cloud software works participated in the threads where cloud software was discussed and stated that it would not eliminate the need to download and install ALL software updates and/or firmware updates. Cloud just means the software resides on the server not the enduser's computer.

For example, if cartridge data was missing, PC could fix that quickly for all users with no need to update individual computers...... that's why the cartridge data has to be downloaded over and over again because it doesn't reside on individual computers....... but cloud software doesn't mean that the enduser will never have to download a software or firmware update. The computer, cutter and the server still need a software handshake...... and as PC makes adjustments there could be necessary firmware updates for bluetooth and print & cut, for example.

No, Gypsy, cloud software is not the perfection many users/bloggers touted. It is easier for the company to maintain and change without having to deliver a software update for every change to every enduser's computer. The downside is that all software and firmware updates have been mandatory if the users want to access DeSpace and use their Explore........ so as we saw with the 1st version 3 Silhouette update, which was an epic failure, users could decide if they wanted it or not...... with PC's current approach all updates have been mandatory. The enduser has lost the choice to update or stay put with the current version.

Edited by user Monday, May 05, 2014 8:54:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked GracefulGrammar for this useful post.
GypsyBoricua on 5/5/2014(UTC)