Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

casi23_5539251a25 Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 07, 2014 7:18:33 AM(UTC)
casi23_5539251a25

Groups: Registered

Hello,

Just wondering if any of you could help.
A couple of weeks ago my laptop updated itself and since then I haven't been able to use CCR properly. I had a computer technician look at it and he said that there were compatibility issues and has now put my CCR files into compatibility mode. My CCR now recognises my expression 2 and lets me press cut, whereas before it was stating that no device was attached. However, when I press CUT and then select the cardstock it just sticks on "Checking Mat Status". My expression works fine when I disconnect it from the computer and use it with the cartridges but most of my cartridges are digital and I'm really desperate to be able to use it again. I have tried to sync it and update the drivers but this hasn't helped. Has anyone else experienced this and if so how was it sorted? I live in the UK and trying to get hold of anyone via the helpline is really difficult as I'm working when the US phone lines are open.

Many thanks,
Cassie
Cricut Tamara Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 07, 2014 9:19:07 AM(UTC)
Cricut Tamara

Groups: Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator, Registered

Was thanked: 120 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Originally Posted by: casi23_5539251a25 Go to Quoted Post
Hello,

Just wondering if any of you could help.
A couple of weeks ago my laptop updated itself and since then I haven't been able to use CCR properly. I had a computer technician look at it and he said that there were compatibility issues and has now put my CCR files into compatibility mode. My CCR now recognises my expression 2 and lets me press cut, whereas before it was stating that no device was attached. However, when I press CUT and then select the cardstock it just sticks on "Checking Mat Status". My expression works fine when I disconnect it from the computer and use it with the cartridges but most of my cartridges are digital and I'm really desperate to be able to use it again. I have tried to sync it and update the drivers but this hasn't helped. Has anyone else experienced this and if so how was it sorted? I live in the UK and trying to get hold of anyone via the helpline is really difficult as I'm working when the US phone lines are open.

Many thanks,
Cassie

Hi Cassie-
This sounds like it could be an issue with your Anti Virus. Sometime certain AV will block the Cricut Craft Room and will not allow you to cut. You can try adding the exceptions to your AV and see if that helps. Here is the exceptions that need to be added.

You want to add these file paths to your firewall / Antivirus

You will want to add the following file paths for Craft Room:
C:/Program files(x86)/Cricut-Craft Room/CCR Bridge.exe
C:/Program files(x86)/Cricut-Craft Room/Cricut-Craft Room.exe
C:/Program files(x86)/Cricut-Craft Room/DriverUpdater.exe

For Sync:
C:/Program files(x86)/CricutSync/CCRBridge.exe
C:/Program files(x86)/CricutSync/CricutSync.exe
C:/Program files(x86)/CricutSync/DriverUpdater.exe

If you need some assistance with adding these, you can contact customer support at 1-877-7CRICUT they would be happy to help you out. You can also contact your AC company and they should be able to assist you with adding these.

Cricut Tamara :)
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 31, 2014 7:33:01 AM(UTC)
casi23_5539251a25

Originally Posted by: Cricut Tamara Go to Quoted Post
Hi Cassie-
This sounds like it could be an issue with your Anti Virus. Sometime certain AV will block the Cricut Craft Room and will not allow you to cut. You can try adding the exceptions to your AV and see if that helps. Here is the exceptions that need to be added.

You want to add these file paths to your firewall / Antivirus

You will want to add the following file paths for Craft Room:
C:/Program files(x86)/Cricut-Craft Room/CCR Bridge.exe
C:/Program files(x86)/Cricut-Craft Room/Cricut-Craft Room.exe
C:/Program files(x86)/Cricut-Craft Room/DriverUpdater.exe

For Sync:
C:/Program files(x86)/CricutSync/CCRBridge.exe
C:/Program files(x86)/CricutSync/CricutSync.exe
C:/Program files(x86)/CricutSync/DriverUpdater.exe

If you need some assistance with adding these, you can contact customer support at 1-877-7CRICUT they would be happy to help you out. You can also contact your AC company and they should be able to assist you with adding these.

Cricut Tamara :)

Thank you for your advice Tamara,
I have tried switching off my Anti-Virus but to no avail. It works fine if I use it without CCR but all but 3 of my cartridges were stored on my CCR and I can't access any of them :(
I find it really difficult to get hold of Cricut over the phone as I live in the UK and the opening hours are either when I'm sleeping or working. I believe that my Expression 2 is out of warrantee as I purchased it as used over eBay. I've only managed to complete 4 projects and I'm absolutely gutted. I'd saved for quite some time to purchase my E2 and wouldn't usually have spent so much on myself but believed it to be a good price for something I would be able to use again and again :(
If there is anything else I can try, please let me know as I am desperate to get this working again.

Many thanks,
Cassie
#4 Posted : Saturday, May 31, 2014 7:37:41 AM(UTC)
casi23_5539251a25

I forgot to mention that it links to the CCR but after 2-3 minutes, it no longer says connected and will stick on "checking mat status" whilst attempting to cut