Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

lylastreasures9736a7c6 Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 08, 2014 4:46:50 PM(UTC)
lylastreasures9736a7c6

Groups: Registered

So I just got a brand new Cricut Expression for Christmas and I was messing around in design studio and tried to cut my thing out and it keeps talking about making sure the "Explore" is hooked up to the computer. Can I not use my Expression with Design studio? Im just confused because when I turn on my Machine it says "Insert Cartridge, use gypsy or Cricut DesignStudio." I don't know why my machine would tell me to use it if I can't. Please help.

I also bought about $100 worth of digital images and I can't find them anywhere.
SherylRoberts749dd3e8ee Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 10, 2014 1:34:04 PM(UTC)
SherylRoberts749dd3e8ee

Not sure why the Expression told you to use Design Studio. The Expression 2 and any Cricut prior to that can only use the Cricut Craft Room. It is a program you download on your computer, but you also have to be connected to the internet to use it. Supposedly, they are saying Expression and other Cricut users will be able to use Design Studio eventually, but not right now. Once you download CCR, sign in and your digital images should show up. If not, you may need to contact customer service.
Olivia'sNana Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 10, 2014 2:45:09 PM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 915 time(s) in 449 post(s)
Don't confuse Design Studio with Design Space. Many are doing that because of the similar name pc gave to the new design space.

Design Studio - legacy program that could only be used with the Orig Expression. It was a purchasable stand alone program. It is no longer supported and only will work with the Orig Expression machines and will only have cartridges updated to the point that pc stopped updating.(that is probably around 2 years ago) Meaning newer carts since then will not work with design studio.

Cricut Craftroom - free downloadable software but must be connected to internet to use. Will work with Expression, Expression 2, Mini. Imagine if it feels like it and machines before orig expression, I'm not sure about.Not sure about the cake machines. If they have usb port, probably so. The new digital subscription will work with this program. You can also use physical carts with this SW

Cricut Design Space - free downloadable cloud based sw that will ONLY work with the new Explore. The new digital subscription works with this. You CANNOT use your phyical carts with this SW. They must be linked to your account.

The Gypsy - someone else will have to fill in the info on this machine. Never had one of them

Edited by user Saturday, May 10, 2014 2:47:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Narelle Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, May 10, 2014 3:12:12 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7885 time(s) in 3692 post(s)
Design Studio works with the Personal, Create and Expression and their Cake equivalents.

CCR works with all Cricuts except the Explore.

Design Space only works with the Explore.

The Gypsy works with all Cricuts except the Explore.