Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
GracefulGrammar Online
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 14, 2014 9:13:42 AM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1845 time(s) in 874 post(s)
It has been 90+ days since the X debuted on HSN. Let's give PC a progress report......... What has improved??? What needs improvement??? What has been ignored??? What's great and shouldn't be messed with at all??

1 user thanked GracefulGrammar for this useful post.
DarleneDuncan on 5/16/2014(UTC)
TammyPuckett Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 14, 2014 9:50:46 AM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

Was thanked: 335 time(s) in 195 post(s)
From earlier post it sounds like they shouldn't have done the recent update!
CindyRose14 Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 14, 2014 1:16:45 PM(UTC)
CindyRose14

Was thanked: 134 time(s) in 72 post(s)
Overall, I am extremely pleased with my Explore, and it has allowed me to do things that I never imagined that I would be able to do...

Created our family name in vinyl for our wall with a really cool font from my computer!

Created picture frames in vinyl for our huge family tree on our wall!

Created hang tags for customer gifts with my company logo cut right into them! Major brownie points at work!

Created a really cool box card for my mother-in-law for Mother's Day using SVG Cuts.com files!

Created a birthday card for my sister with a personalized message using the "write" feature!

Created a bunch of Easter ornaments using SVG files for our Easter tree! (What? Doesn't everyone have an "Easter Tree"?!?!?)

Created Teacher Appreciation gift tags on the fly using readily available images from my subscription!

I really don't have too many complaints except...

I'm not impressed with the scoring tool. It doesn't quite do the job and I have had to manually rescore the lines to get a nice fold.

I had a near catastrophe a few days ago when a marker fell out of the storage container on the Explore right into my machine and would have surely jammed the cutter if I hadn't of noticed it before I hit "cut". I sent a warning message out to everyone about this. I love the concept of the storage container, but it just isn't deep enough to keep the markers safely inside.

I wish the machine had other paper sizes besides 12" x 12" and 12" x 24". I often use 8 1/2" x 11" cardstock as I'm sure most of us do. I wish they had considered that when designing the machine because I don't know how they would ever be able to give that to us in the future since the paper guides on the machine aren't adjustable.

Otherwise, I'm loving it! I am absolutely impressed with how well it cuts, especially the tiny details! My biggest complaint is not having enough time to use it!

scrapalette Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 14, 2014 1:33:01 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18987 time(s) in 8485 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CindyRose14 Go to Quoted Post

I wish the machine had other paper sizes besides 12" x 12" and 12" x 24". I often use 8 1/2" x 11" cardstock as I'm sure most of us do. I wish they had considered that when designing the machine because I don't know how they would ever be able to give that to us in the future since the paper guides on the machine aren't adjustable.

You can use any size paper on your mat. You can either move the images on the preview mat or you can place an 8.5 x 11 square on your canvas, place your images where you want them to cut and then select all and attach them, just like you do for the writing feature.

CindyRose14 Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 14, 2014 1:38:57 PM(UTC)
CindyRose14

Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
You can use any size paper on your mat. You can either move the images on the preview mat or you can place an 8.5 x 11 square on your canvas, place your images where you want them to cut and then select all and attach them, just like you do for the writing feature.

Oops! I should have been more specific. I meant that I wish the machine would automatically calculate the placement of the images on 8 1/2 x 11 paper as an option. I use a lot of that size paper, so it would be nice if it was one of the standard sizes that the machine worked with.
 1 user thanked CindyRose14 for this useful post.
Happishay on 5/16/2014(UTC)
CanadianRose Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, May 14, 2014 1:41:56 PM(UTC)
CanadianRose

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 885 time(s) in 466 post(s)
I'm very happy with my Explore. I love the way it cuts intricate pieces with no problems. Also happy we can now use svg files. Wish, though, we could get replacement blades. I've used my machine so much, I'm concerned I'll blunt the blade!!
Olivia'sNana Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, May 14, 2014 2:00:46 PM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 897 time(s) in 432 post(s)
no real complaints here either other than I just don't have enough time to play. Yes I do wish there was not the lag time in between commands and some minor things that could be improved upon but overall, I totally like everything about it and cannot see me going back to using my expression/ccr. The updates have been good, maybe minor to some but IMO they have enhanced the functionality.

I do feel that I may be needing a new blade soon. Been trying to cut Snow White and just haven't been able to get the brown of her eyes to cut. Would like to have a new blade just to see if that would make a difference. I know the orig blades will work but I don't have any extras of those and hate to buy one if the explore blades are "coming soon"
ScrappyNana Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, May 14, 2014 2:29:13 PM(UTC)
ScrappyNana

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 211 time(s) in 98 post(s)
I have no complaints, but I would like to see the the new explore blades show up for purchase; the regular blades might fit but as stated in the advertisements they are not the same.

Laurel
 3 users thanked ScrappyNana for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 5/14/2014(UTC), rhondah* on 5/15/2014(UTC), go-go on 5/17/2014(UTC)
jscraftylady Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, May 14, 2014 2:30:07 PM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Was thanked: 2305 time(s) in 1240 post(s)
Well, none of my original complaints have been addressed so my opinion hasn't changed much. I enjoy the machine but I would enjoy it so much more with a few simple improvements.

-let me cut the mat I want without having to go through all the mats
-let me choose what size paper I will be using before the software puts cuts on mats
-give me simple alignment tools
-give me an offset feature
-get the font drop down and font selection working without glitches

ETA:
-put basic drawing tools (squares, circles, etc) close at hand (I suggest they and the line/score line be the first images that come up in Insert Image)

Edited by user Wednesday, May 14, 2014 4:08:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users thanked jscraftylady for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 5/14/2014(UTC), Scrapperdee on 5/15/2014(UTC), go-go on 5/17/2014(UTC)
CricutMallie Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, May 14, 2014 2:58:59 PM(UTC)
CricutMallie

Groups: Registered, Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator

Was thanked: 1151 time(s) in 214 post(s)
Great post-- we'll be watching and sending your suggestions along to the people that then make the decisions.

Thanks!

Mallie @ Cricut
 6 users thanked CricutMallie for this useful post.
Crafting grandma on 5/14/2014(UTC), CricketCMV on 5/14/2014(UTC), GracefulGrammar on 5/14/2014(UTC), CocoasMom on 5/15/2014(UTC), Multicrafter Amy on 5/16/2014(UTC), go-go on 5/17/2014(UTC)
Olivia'sNana Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, May 14, 2014 3:30:38 PM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 897 time(s) in 432 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jscraftylady Go to Quoted Post
Well, none of my original complaints have been addressed so my opinion hasn't changed much. I enjoy the machine but I would enjoy it so much more with a few simple improvements.

-let me cut the mat I want without having to go through all the mats
-let me choose what size paper I will be using before the software puts cuts on mats
-give me simple alignment tools
-give me an offset feature
-get the font drop down and font selection working without glitches

if this is an official request list - ditto what jscraftylady said
 2 users thanked Olivia'sNana for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 5/14/2014(UTC), Scrapperdee on 5/15/2014(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#12 Posted : Wednesday, May 14, 2014 6:14:10 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8073 time(s) in 4723 post(s)
The ONE thing that frustrates me the most and does not seem to be changing:

I would LOVE to see the names of the cartridges on at least the MAIN image of EVERY image on the mat.

I have had to do this on several occasions where I DELETE what I have FINISHED on a project so I can do something else with the BASE of my project; but, sometimes I want to REMAKE something I've made in the past. There is NO EASY way to find that image again. Yesterday, I had to spend at least twenty minutes looking for a favorite image (no way to know how to call it up in SEARCH). I did finally find it about 50 pages down the images in MY IMAGES.

I do know, now, that I can do a SAVE AS, so this is not as big an issues as it was; however, even after knowing that, I forgot to do the SAVE AS yesterday and tried to find the image to place back on the mat to restart my new project. I don't really like to have all that many projects out on the roster....and, I certainly don't want to weed through several with the same name and try to figure out which one I need.

THIS is still a big issue to me. I like to know what images I'm working with on the mat from time-to-time. AND, most certainly, I would like to get into describing my projects better if I ever feel I'm good enough to even do that.....the only way to do it is to have the names at my disposal within the project.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE give us this feature. I LOVE this feature in CCR.

Will we get this in the future?

Thanks for asking us to post our feelings here; and, we do know we won't get everything we want; just thanks for giving us the opportunities to let you know what we do want.

Char
 2 users thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
Scrapperdee on 5/15/2014(UTC), go-go on 5/17/2014(UTC)
scrapalette Offline
#13 Posted : Wednesday, May 14, 2014 6:20:35 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Was thanked: 18987 time(s) in 8485 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
The ONE thing that frustrates me the most and does not seem to be changing:

I would LOVE to see the names of the cartridges on at least the MAIN image of EVERY image on the mat.

I have had to do this on several occasions where I DELETE what I have FINISHED on a project so I can do something else with the BASE of my project; but, sometimes I want to REMAKE something I've made in the past. There is NO EASY way to find that image again. Yesterday, I had to spend at least twenty minutes looking for a favorite image (no way to know how to call it up in SEARCH). I did finally find it about 50 pages down the images in MY IMAGES.

I do know, now, that I can do a SAVE AS, so this is not as big an issues as it was; however, even after knowing that, I forgot to do the SAVE AS yesterday and tried to find the image to place back on the mat to restart my new project. I don't really like to have all that many projects out on the roster....and, I certainly don't want to weed through several with the same name and try to figure out which one I need.

THIS is still a big issue to me. I like to know what images I'm working with on the mat from time-to-time. AND, most certainly, I would like to get into describing my projects better if I ever feel I'm good enough to even do that.....the only way to do it is to have the names at my disposal within the project.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE give us this feature. I LOVE this feature in CCR.

Will we get this in the future?

Thanks for asking us to post our feelings here; and, we do know we won't get everything we want; just thanks for giving us the opportunities to let you know what we do want.

Char

Until that feature is added {and I hope it is as I'm so use to selecting an image and right click to see which cart it came from}, when you do a SAVE AS, name it with the cart. So you might then have several files for the same card but with the specific cart listed. . .like Circle Card-Sophie, Circle Card-Doodlecharms, Circle Card-Don Juan, etc. And then, if you decide you don't want them all, you can delete them from the list.
 1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 5/14/2014(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#14 Posted : Wednesday, May 14, 2014 6:25:16 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
Until that feature is added {and I hope it is as I'm so use to selecting an image and right click to see which cart it came from}, when you do a SAVE AS, name it with the cart. So you might then have several files for the same card but with the specific cart listed. . .like Circle Card-Sophie, Circle Card-Doodlecharms, Circle Card-Don Juan, etc. And then, if you decide you don't want them all, you can delete them from the list.

That's a great idea, Scrapalette.....don't want to do it....but it is a good solution for now. I also thought it would work to just ADD TEXT to my projects (even if I'm not cutting the TEXT that would ID what I'm using....that was what I was thinking about doing until someone said TEXT seemed to be a problem with this update. I would hate to have TEXT on every project when that is a problem and NOT BE ABLE TO DO ANYTHING WITH MY FILES because I had TEXT in all of them when it isn't really needed sometimes!!

Thanks for the suggestion.

Char
Starlit Offline
#15 Posted : Wednesday, May 14, 2014 9:36:47 PM(UTC)
Starlit

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Overall I love the explore. Beautiful cuts! I really like DS for the most part. I figure part of my frustrations are because I'm just learning it and part is because they are still working to make improvements so it's not perfect yet.

I agree with the suggestions above.

1. Be able to choose an 8 1/2 x 11 inch paper size that the program would then arrange my images for me the best way to save paper without having to move it all myself. I use that size for almost all my layered cricut cuts. I only ever use 12x12 if I'm making a large number of cuts.

2. I'd like to be able to easily make a shadow for anything.

3. Accent Essentials is still (last I checked) labelled as A Quilted Christmas. Makes it difficult to find.

4. I find the font drop down box to be very touchy and it seems every time I go to use a font some are missing or ones I own show up as it needs to be purchased. This is hit and miss and fixed quickly but seems to reoccur often.

5. Explore blades!!! I'm amazed they still aren't available. I've had to use an old blade from the start because even at the fabric setting it wouldn't cut thru paper. I will say I get beautiful cuts even with the old blades.

Overall I'm really happy with the machine so any improvements just make me love it more.
 2 users thanked Starlit for this useful post.
Scrapperdee on 5/15/2014(UTC), Happishay on 5/16/2014(UTC)
PhyllisHawthorne Offline
#16 Posted : Wednesday, May 14, 2014 10:31:36 PM(UTC)
PhyllisHawthorne

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Just started using my Explore that I purchased from HSN and this is the one feature that is somewhat weird and maybe there is a fix that I do not know about it.

When you move your image on the mat and you click "Go" another "Mat Preview" screen comes up. When you review the image, it is not in the same position that it is on the mat.

Other than that, I really enjoy cutting on the explore.
rhondah* Offline
#17 Posted : Thursday, May 15, 2014 6:31:52 AM(UTC)
rhondah*

United States

Was thanked: 14764 time(s) in 8876 post(s)
Love my Explore. No complaints so far.Smile
Narelle Offline
#18 Posted : Thursday, May 15, 2014 6:34:43 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Was thanked: 7858 time(s) in 3675 post(s)
Mine's on the way!!!! I've been tracking it and it's had a stop over in Honolulu!! Lucky thing... wish it was me. Cool Cool
 1 user thanked Narelle for this useful post.
Scrappy_Vee on 5/21/2014(UTC)
jscraftylady Offline
#19 Posted : Thursday, May 15, 2014 6:38:04 AM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Originally Posted by: PhyllisHawthorne Go to Quoted Post
Just started using my Explore that I purchased from HSN and this is the one feature that is somewhat weird and maybe there is a fix that I do not know about it.

When you move your image on the mat and you click "Go" another "Mat Preview" screen comes up. When you review the image, it is not in the same position that it is on the mat.

Other than that, I really enjoy cutting on the explore.

This is a common misconception people have about Design Space. The area where you are designing is NOT a mat screen. It really has no relation to a cutting mat whatsoever. Think of it as a desktop where you have all your scrapping elements spread out and are placing them on your layout or card.

When you hit GO, you are moving to mat screens. Design Space divides up all the layers of your images and places them on cutting mats by color.

If you want your design screen to function as a mat screen, you need to make all your layers the same color, arrange them on a 12x12 Canvas leaving a small border around the edge, and then Attach them together. Then when you hit GO your mat screen will look like your design screen.

In my opinion, this design screen v. mat screen and the color sync feature is the best thing about Design Space. It just takes some getting used to.
 1 user thanked jscraftylady for this useful post.
GypsyBoricua on 5/15/2014(UTC)
GypsyBoricua Offline
#20 Posted : Thursday, May 15, 2014 7:03:22 AM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Was thanked: 750 time(s) in 401 post(s)
I think everyone agrees that the machine itself is fantastic. It cuts really well, some things better than the competitor. The drawback is the software. It needs to have some very, very basic things:

The ruler on both sides, it needs to stop scrolling
8.5 x 11 paper should be an option
Set preferences so we don't have to keep making adjustments that we make every time we start

These are just some very basic software things.

Since I have been working on these invites, the font feature really needs to be fixed. The write and cut feature is my favorite and maybe once the print then cut feature will speed things up, but until then (and maybe always if the PtC doesn't show up) this is really (IMHO) the best thing about the Explore. They need to have more "writing style" fonts so we don't need to use our system fonts because using system fonts slows things way way down. Text boxes should be treated as text boxes, meaning we can use different fonts or different sizes in the same text box.

Just some thoughts.
 2 users thanked GypsyBoricua for this useful post.
GracefulGrammar on 5/17/2014(UTC), go-go on 5/17/2014(UTC)
jscraftylady Offline
#21 Posted : Thursday, May 15, 2014 7:30:16 AM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Originally Posted by: GypsyBoricua Go to Quoted Post
I think everyone agrees that the machine itself is fantastic. It cuts really well, some things better than the competitor. The drawback is the software. It needs to have some very, very basic things:

The ruler on both sides, it needs to stop scrolling
8.5 x 11 paper should be an option
Set preferences so we don't have to keep making adjustments that we make every time we start

These are just some very basic software things.

Since I have been working on these invites, the font feature really needs to be fixed. The write and cut feature is my favorite and maybe once the print then cut feature will speed things up, but until then (and maybe always if the PtC doesn't show up) this is really (IMHO) the best thing about the Explore. They need to have more "writing style" fonts so we don't need to use our system fonts because using system fonts slows things way way down. Text boxes should be treated as text boxes, meaning we can use different fonts or different sizes in the same text box.

Just some thoughts.

I agree with the more Cricut writing style fonts. I can only find one basic sans serif writing font and it's a CM cart so lots of folks aren't going to have access to it.
 2 users thanked jscraftylady for this useful post.
GypsyBoricua on 5/15/2014(UTC), go-go on 5/17/2014(UTC)
GracefulGrammar Online
#22 Posted : Thursday, May 15, 2014 9:01:58 AM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

The folks who developed the cutter did a great job! I really enjoy using a Cricut that cuts as well as my other machines. I like the dual heads. It's great to have my cricut images cut well. The machine has cut flawlessly for me through at least 400 sheets of paper in the last few months. Cricut has created a machine that could make them a leader again IF the software worked as well as the machine does.

The Good:

1. Great cuts - PC catches up with other cutters

2. No blade settings to mess with

3. Great instructional videos

4. The new Quick Reference Guide ~ Should have been available at launch

5. The additional weekend customer support ~ unfortunately, seems that has been stopped

6. Mat numbers and grid lines have been darkened (this should have been caught in beta)

7. The scoreline is no longer wonky (this should have been caught in beta)

8. Names on cartridge thumbnails (this should have been caught in beta)

9. Delete user uploaded files (this should have been caught in beta)

10. Dual Heads - not new but very well done

11. Scoring

12. Paper saving mode

13. Finally allowing users to cut SVGs and computer resident fonts ~ Should have happened years ago

14. Attempting to grow the market ~ reaching out to DIYers (Seems most paper crafting companies started this about a year ago)

15. The $99 a year for a subscription to the basic graphic library

16. Writing - not new but implemented very well

17. Great layering and color sync in the software

18. New blade design and increased cutting pressure - I am able to cut basic shapes with chipboard heavier than cereal box weight with the standard blade without crying - I haven't tried anything intricate with chipboard

19. Basic tools in the software to convert bitmaps to svgs

20. "Apple-like" out of the box experience

21. A truly beautiful machine....... gone is the crayola green color and the 1980's ink jet printer look

22. Pre Debut Hype was honest from PC and the HSN presentation was real and the machine hasn't been sold on what it will do tomorrow (deja vu the Imagine)

23. The Smart Dial and custom settings.......

24. Addition of "tooltips" for size and location of selected objects in DeSpace

25. A rush to market?? Many things undone..... why is this good?? My GUESS: Because PC needed to recapture market to stay financially viable. The Brother ScanNCut is a hot seller, the Sizzix Eclips2 was announced at CHA with wireless and IPad capabilities. Pazzles had announced their new machine with revolutionary print and cut. PC wanted to capture the Valentine and Mother's Day market and $$$, before even more users dumped their cricut and linked carts and ran to the dark side........ I think this was a very smart move if my guess is right. Being first is good :-) It's my opinion that's why many things were very "wonky" and unstable in DeSpace at Debut and shipping was a mess with HSN and blades still aren't available and why potential buyers got the promised preview of Design Space last minute and why bloggers received their machines very very late. But to recapture a decreasing user base I think it was necessary, in my opinion, and a very very good move..........the machine was ready but the interface including bluetooth and PrintnCut wasn't ready to go and the software was buggy, buggy buggy and lacking the basic features found in current cutting softwares. But being 1st was good and I think necessary to survive.

There is my GOOD List........ back later with the BAD and UGLY

Edited by user Thursday, May 15, 2014 3:54:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

6 users thanked GracefulGrammar for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 5/15/2014(UTC), GypsyBoricua on 5/15/2014(UTC), CindyRose14 on 5/15/2014(UTC), Eleanor on 5/15/2014(UTC), Multicrafter Amy on 5/16/2014(UTC), *NanaDonna* on 5/16/2014(UTC)
ScrapStampnMama Offline
#23 Posted : Thursday, May 15, 2014 11:32:12 AM(UTC)
ScrapStampnMama

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
What I would like to see added or fixed:

1. Be able to choose an 8 1/2 x 11 inch paper size

2. I'd like to be able to make a shadow for anything.

3. Have the Grid lines automatically on the screen when you start.

4. Be able to save your screen preferances so it comes up the same every time.
 3 users thanked ScrapStampnMama for this useful post.
Scrapperdee on 5/15/2014(UTC), MaryScraps on 5/15/2014(UTC), GracefulGrammar on 5/16/2014(UTC)
maroulette2792e1c595 Offline
#24 Posted : Thursday, May 15, 2014 2:52:40 PM(UTC)
maroulette2792e1c595

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 30 post(s)
The only thing I would like to add is to make sure that all cartridges have all the images. I know I have stated as well as others that Over the Hill is still missing images. I think all the carts should be looked at and make sure all the images are there and all the score lines are in the right places.
 3 users thanked maroulette2792e1c595 for this useful post.
MaryScraps on 5/15/2014(UTC), GracefulGrammar on 5/16/2014(UTC), go-go on 5/17/2014(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#25 Posted : Thursday, May 15, 2014 3:16:56 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: ScrapStampnMama Go to Quoted Post
What I would like to see added or fixed:

1. Be able to choose an 8 1/2 x 11 inch paper size

2. I'd like to be able to make a shadow for anything.

3. Have the Grid lines automatically on the screen when you start.

4. Be able to save your screen preferances so it comes up the same every time.

AND:

3. have the GRID LINES stay there the whole time you're creating!

Along with that the RULER should stay there the whole time, too. There could be the option for those who don't use/need these features to turn them off, but allow them to be there as the DEFAULT!

Char

Edited by user Thursday, May 15, 2014 3:18:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

GracefulGrammar Online
#26 Posted : Thursday, May 15, 2014 5:24:06 PM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

These are my opinions……. and my opinions only…… as we all know opinions are like noses, everyone has one :-)

The Bad:
1. People have reported lag in Design Space

2. Every DS update has also bought problems, missing carts, installations that stall or don’t complete. Mac users seem to have more problems with installs than Windows users.

3. There is no cut and paste between files in DS

4. Only one file can be opened at a time in DS

5. PC has a huge graphic library; and, there is no bookmark system or wishlist in DS

6. The DS rulers at the top and left can’t be locked

7. Guidelines can’t be pulled from the rulers to help with placement in DS

8. The DS nudge with the arrow keys is way too large for precise work, approximately .10 of an inch…….. the nudge needs to be user configurable or at the very least smaller…… .01 inch

9. The user should be able to set preferences……. such as grid on, rulers locked, nudge size in DS

10. No alignment and distribution tools in DS

11. No offset for creating shadows and/or nested objects in DS

12. A detach ALL command and ungroup ALL command are both needed in DS

13. Design Space often forgets if a glyph has been placed in the front or the back

14. Design Space often forgets if a glyph has been locked or unlocked (aspect ratio) for resizing

15. Design Space does not import files at the artist’s intended size……..

16. Fonts and graphics are downloaded over and over again…….. they are not cached to the user’s computer

17. There is no way to know what cart a glyph cames from in DS

18. The software lacks basic design and drawing tools

19. Personally, I would rather work on a mat than the canvas…… it would be great if the user was given a choice.

20. Errors in the cartridge library still not fixed after 90 days…….. errors have been listed on Facebook and the Cricut messageboard…….. Word Builders 1 is missing from Image Sets, Accent Essentials is confused with Quilted Christmas…….

21. The font selection and text box functions are soooooo wonky and inconsistent. Some days they work and some days they don’t.

22. Trying a different browser and/or cache clearing isn’t a remedy, they are bandaids

23. Glyphs can’t be locked into position

24. Design Space updates are mandatory

25. Scoreline is wonky when resized and scores very lightly

26. Image sets do not appear in alphabetical order in Design Space

The Ugly:

1. As Cricut users become less intimidated with using software and a computer for cutting…. the demands for more sophisticated features in Design Space are going to grow. At this point, the company hasn’t added any of the features requested by intermediate and advanced users of cutter software. Many users are moving to MTC, SCAL, Inkscape, Adobe Illustrator, Coreldraw to do their design work and using Design Space as a path to the cutter drivers.

2. There is a feeling among longtime Cricut users that they are no longer appreciated.

3. Older Cricut users arent allowed to complete surveys if they respond that they are over 60 years of age….. the survey ends abruptly. The same survey could be completed by all other age groups…… I know because i tried myself!

4. Several longtime Cricut messageboard users who have donated many hours to assisting folks with their Cricuts were totally overlooked when Explores were handed out pre-debut......

5. PC's own messageboard community was ignored in all debut happenings

6. The super duper blades are still not available

7. The cutter can’t be used without an internet connection

8. The company shuts down during normal working and customer support hours with no advanced notice

9. The company shuts down Design Space for planned maintenance with little advanced notice during normal operating hours.

10. PC is slow to respond to problems…… kinda like turning around the Titanic.

11. PC will not communicate fixes and workarounds on their own messageboard, individuals are expected to call customer service.

Edited by user Saturday, May 17, 2014 5:43:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

6 users thanked GracefulGrammar for this useful post.
CindyRose14 on 5/15/2014(UTC), GypsyBoricua on 5/15/2014(UTC), Multicrafter Amy on 5/16/2014(UTC), *NanaDonna* on 5/16/2014(UTC), go-go on 5/17/2014(UTC), kyleathomed257810b on 5/20/2014(UTC)
CindyRose14 Offline
#27 Posted : Thursday, May 15, 2014 6:01:38 PM(UTC)
CindyRose14

A very thorough and well thought out list, Graceful Grammar!
I know Provo Craft is hearing us, I just don't think they would possibly be able to provide us with all the updates all at once, but I am confident that we will get many of them over time. I think your list is an excellent checklist for them to review!
I agree with what you said about long time message board posters should have been involved in the pre-launch sampling, and you would be at the top of that list in my opinion. You have helped me a few times and I always see you on here going out of your way to help everyone! I don't know how Melody Lane wasn't on their list either. And several others that I would have thought would have made excellent beta testers.
 1 user thanked CindyRose14 for this useful post.
GracefulGrammar on 5/15/2014(UTC)
GracefulGrammar Online
#28 Posted : Thursday, May 15, 2014 6:28:26 PM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

A very thorough and well thought out list, Graceful Grammar!
I know Provo Craft is hearing us, I just don't think they would possibly be able to provide us with all the updates all at once, but I am confident that we will get many of them over time. I think your list is an excellent checklist for them to review!
I agree with what you said about long time message board posters should have been involved in the pre-launch sampling, and you would be at the top of that list in my opinion. You have helped me a few times and I always see you on here going out of your way to help everyone! I don't know how Melody Lane wasn't on their list either. And several others that I would have thought would have made excellent beta testers.

Thanks for your support........ I wouldn't take a freebie from any company....... I want to remain as impartial as possible but there are several ladies on the MB that continuously support folks here....... and I feel they should have been given a machine.

I am happy you and I were able to work through your SVG problem....... It made me smile when i saw your post about all you have created since you got your X....... you are already a pro :-)

Edited by user Thursday, May 15, 2014 6:29:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked GracefulGrammar for this useful post.
CindyRose14 on 5/15/2014(UTC)
CindyRose14 Offline
#29 Posted : Thursday, May 15, 2014 6:41:35 PM(UTC)
CindyRose14

Originally Posted by: GracefulGrammar Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for your support........ I wouldn't take a freebie from any company....... I want to remain as impartial as possible but there are several ladies on the MB that continuously support folks here....... and I feel they should have been given a machine.

I am happy you and I were able to work through your SVG problem....... It made me smile when i saw your post about all you have created since you got your X....... you are already a pro :-)

I often think about the night that we had messages flying back and forth trying to get my SVG file to work, and you taught me all about Inkscape! It was my problem but you took so much of your time to help me! WHO does that? Well, you do.
Wub
GracefulGrammar Online
#30 Posted : Thursday, May 15, 2014 6:51:28 PM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

I often think about the night that we had messages flying back and forth trying to get my SVG file to work, and you taught me all about Inkscape! It was my problem but you took so much of your time to help me! WHO does that? Well, you do.
Wub

These 2 Guys are pros at InkScape......... and they teach it so well:

https://www.youtube.com/...UCvLPMqOCGaTbsrlsj7BKlxQ

Watch the videos in chronological order..........