Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

gill.tanner13d98979 Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 17, 2014 3:43:09 PM(UTC)
gill.tanner13d98979

Groups: Registered

Hi
I have just purchased a cricut explore and while I am waiting for it to arrive I have been trying out the design space. I have managed to import a couple of images in SVG format but they
just seem to be black silhouettes it says that as they are SVG's they should be in colour and that the machine separate the images can anyone help me as to what seems to be going wrong!!!Confused
lorensonstephanie94e0b898 Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 17, 2014 4:14:17 PM(UTC)
lorensonstephanie94e0b898

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I'm not much help, but I have done one and it just worked :) What I did, was put each item I wanted in a different color so I could be sure they were distinct. I then played with the layers and moved each item until everything was in individual layers. Once I had imported it into design space I used the sync button to move what I wanted onto the same mats. Also, something I plan to try on my next attempt...I read about putting the score lines in as cut lines in inkscape and then once it is in design space you change those particular lines. I'm off to try that because placement of score lines in design space is challenging. I assume you put them as their own color different from any other color. (well more importantly their own layer, I just used color as a more visual representation of layer).
 1 user thanked lorensonstephanie94e0b898 for this useful post.
gill.tanner13d98979 on 5/18/2014(UTC)
Cricut Tamara Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 17, 2014 5:43:10 PM(UTC)
Cricut Tamara

Groups: Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator, Registered

Was thanked: 120 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Originally Posted by: gill.tanner13d98979 Go to Quoted Post
Hi
I have just purchased a cricut explore and while I am waiting for it to arrive I have been trying out the design space. I have managed to import a couple of images in SVG format but they
just seem to be black silhouettes it says that as they are SVG's they should be in colour and that the machine separate the images can anyone help me as to what seems to be going wrong!!!Confused

Hello- The first thing you want to check is if your .svg file is saved in color. Usually when they pull over in black silhouettes, it has to do with the way the file was saved. It this happening with all your .svg files?

Cricut Tamara
 1 user thanked Cricut Tamara for this useful post.
gill.tanner13d98979 on 5/18/2014(UTC)
gill.tanner13d98979 Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, May 18, 2014 1:35:10 AM(UTC)
gill.tanner13d98979

Thank you cricut Tamara I have checked my SVG files and they are in colour I can get them into my silhouette cameo OK but they are still just a black filled outline in design space Confused
CindyRose14 Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, May 18, 2014 4:28:45 AM(UTC)
CindyRose14

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 71 post(s)
Originally Posted by: gill.tanner13d98979 Go to Quoted Post
Thank you cricut Tamara I have checked my SVG files and they are in colour I can get them into my silhouette cameo OK but they are still just a black filled outline in design space Confused

This happened to me the very first time that I tried a SVG file, and with the help of others, we discovered that it was the file I was using which was from My Scrap Chick. By chance, did you get your file from them? Since that time, the wonderful ladies at My Scrap Chick have redone almost all of their SVG files so that they will work with Design Space! If you bought the file awhile ago, you can log back into My Scrap Chick and redownload the file. They have created a folder called "SVG DS" for each of their designs just for us! If you just bought it, and it wasn't one of the files that they already fixed, then you can fix it by importing it into Inkscape and saving it onto your computer as a new file, and then import it back into Design Space. Hope this helps!
 1 user thanked CindyRose14 for this useful post.
GracefulGrammar on 5/18/2014(UTC)
melodylanedesigns Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, May 18, 2014 6:05:37 AM(UTC)
melodylanedesigns

Was thanked: 1869 time(s) in 924 post(s)
All svgs are made differently so they are sometimes a little different to upload. Here are 3 videos about uploading different svgs

Here is a video on uploading svgcuts.com

Here is an older video I made on uploading svgs

A video on uploading 3Dcuts.com shadow boxes.