Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tina Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 25, 2014 7:04:58 AM(UTC)
Tina

Groups: Registered

I became unsatisfied with PC a while ago and switched to a Cameo. With the new design software release has anything new been added to make it worth my effort to break out the Imagine and update it? It's been so long that my Imagine has never interfaced with a computer. Do they now? Can it utilize CCR and Design? Anything else great and wonderful that would justify allocating it some desk space again? I tried looking through PC machine updates; however, they don't have the Imagine as a machine that they support. Thanks in advance for anyone that can catch me up on the current events.
scrapalette Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 25, 2014 8:07:08 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19169 time(s) in 8573 post(s)
PC discontinued the Imagine a year or so ago. Here's the announcement post: http://us.cricut.com/for...magine-Announcement.aspx

There are some people who use their Imagine with CCR without problems. Others can't. I guess you won't know unless you try.
 1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
Tina on 5/25/2014(UTC)
tinkd70f0a788 Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 10, 2014 10:39:44 AM(UTC)
tinkd70f0a788

I recently broke out my imagine also, and have had fun working with it. I do use the craft room and the majority of the time it works well. I have some hiccups, like it taking the mat and doing nothing but then I just cancel out and hit cut again and it works. If you sync your imagine to the latest updates, then you are current. I had an issue with the print cartridges, where PC discontinued their print/ink cartridges (they are all expired now and the chip won't let you use it even if it's full) and you can now just purchase HP ink. That was my problem. I believe it's HP 97 & 98 and third party ink won't work. Their help department although slow, was very helpful, they will support the product. I wish they would have stuck with this and worked out the bugs, it had nice potential. My biggest concern if you call it that, is I wish PC would allow the Craft room to import SVG files to cut since they now allow it on the new Explore/Design Space. They may restore some of my trust if they would do that. Anyway I hope this helps. It can be a fun machine once you get the bugs out.
Soo Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 11, 2014 2:29:16 AM(UTC)
Soo

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 226 time(s) in 143 post(s)
I've been using my Imagine happily with CCR since 2011. I love it. If you haven't plugged yours in for an update in a few years it will definitely take a while to update - so if you don't have the time and patience (an hour or two I'd guess) I wouldn't start.

quiltmom93638fab26c63 Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, June 14, 2014 5:10:56 PM(UTC)
quiltmom93638fab26c63

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I have all the cricuts even the imagine, I love all of them. I use my imagine with CCR.
jeri35123020f3438 Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, July 26, 2014 6:52:34 AM(UTC)
jeri35123020f3438

I use my imagine with the ccr all the time. I just love my imagine and wish provocraft would have worked out the bugs because it is a great machine. Bring it back provocraft and design more carts! PLEASE!!BigGrin