Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

vsampyne55327d28 Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 11, 2014 1:27:25 PM(UTC)
vsampyne55327d28

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Just got a new Cricut Explore after a complete break from crafting for just over a year.
I am also now using a NEW computer - a Macbook Pro which until yesterday, didn't have any prior Cricut connection.
I have three older machines and a Gypsy, but just loved the look of this one.
But ... so far I can't use it.

Despite there being a cartridge slot, it says my cartridges are already loaded (they are linked to my gypsy).
Have tried to connect my gypsy via my Macbook to upload the cartridge content (I have zillions of them linked).
It simply won't load - keeps doing errors and not connecting.
in addition, I can't find the right software to use the Explore - I've downloaded what I thought was right and saved it where I thought was right but there's no icon and if I click on the downloaded file within the folder, it just brings up a script page and nothing more.

In a nutshell, I'm feeling very disappointed with how difficult this is.
The box has NO instructions at all - it says "simply plug in to your computer and follow the instructions" ... there are none!
Obviously my computer is not doing what it is expected to do, but it is a brand new MacBook, top of the range and with no restrictions to use (i.e. it's a personal one and not business connected).

So, at the moment, I can't do anything on it - it won't allow me to use my existing cartridges out of the box and I can't find anywhere to make it work online. I haven't a clue what to do with the Gypsy in relation to getting the cartridge access to my new Macbook and onto the Explore.
Feeling dreadfully frustrated. Don't really want to go back a machine (the Expression) as it really didn't work very well and constantly mis-cut and generally I have bad associations with it and don't have it in my craft room (it's redundant in the garage)!

Crafting was a huge part of my life with my young daughter. We shared many hours crafting together.
Sadly, I lost her to cancer last year and I haven't crafted since then.
I've made her bedroom into a custom built craft studio (it's a beautiful tribute to her), so I need to start crafting again.

Would appreciate any assistance to get me back into crafting Smile