Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

rebeccaisonmansfield8a9c4872 Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, June 16, 2014 7:33:36 AM(UTC)
rebeccaisonmansfield8a9c4872

Groups: Registered

I just ordered the Explore on Saturday. I only have a limited edition Cricut now. How do I load my cartridges to the design space? Also, if I purchase the design space for 9.99 a month, will that pretty much eliminate my need for cartridges? Because with the Explore, I can cut out any image that I can save to my computer, correct?
Finally, I think that a certain amount of free trial time for the design space comes with the Explore, will there be a promotional code or something to enter when I download it?
These may be stupid questions, but I am very new to all of this. I just bought my LE last month. I had been planning to buy a Silhouette Cameo until I saw the Explore. So I am a total newbie to the Cricut world.

Edited by user Monday, June 16, 2014 7:34:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

scrapalette Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, June 16, 2014 7:49:26 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19161 time(s) in 8569 post(s)
How do I load my cartridges to the design space? There is a cart port on the Explore that you use to link your carts to your cricut.com account.

Also, if I purchase the design space for 9.99 a month, will that pretty much eliminate my need for cartridges? The subscription to the Image Library doesn't include any of the licensed images {Disney, Anna Griffin, etc} but it is a lot of images! If you want to use those images, you'll need the carts in addition to the subscription.

Because with the Explore, I can cut out any image that I can save to my computer, correct? You do have to change the images into cutting files.

Finally, I think that a certain amount of free trial time for the design space comes with the Explore, will there be a promotional code or something to enter when I download it? When you register your Explore {follow the steps that are on the label inside the lid}, your subscription will be activated.

PC has made some great videos on the Explore and Design Space that are on youtube. You can search for them there or go to my blog where I have links for them {http://scrapalette.blogspot.com/2014/06/design-space-videos.html}.

Once you learn Design Space, you will love your Explore.
 1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
Cricut Jo Ann on 6/16/2014(UTC)