Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
TurtleBug Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 18, 2014 12:15:26 AM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 957 time(s) in 619 post(s)
Here at WEDNESDAY'S BI-WEEKLY CARD SKETCH CHALLENGE you will find four sketches every two weeks to inspire, motivate and help you get your juices flowing. Try them today, do one or all four. You don't have to follow the sketch to the letter, throw in your own ideas, embellies, add or subtract...it is all up to you, but please do post them here and share with us. Have fun!!

Extra Credit
If you chose to do the Extra Credit, you are to play Tic-Tac-Toe to create one of the sketches above. You must use the items in the row you select...either across, down, or diagonally. Please specify which row you selected:

Edited by user Wednesday, June 18, 2014 12:58:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 18, 2014 12:17:09 AM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Sorry, no Cricut on this one, did use my CuttleBug!Blushing

My #1 Sample:

Papers - DCWV "The French Country Stack"
"So Sorry" - CTMH "Sincere Expressions" set
Embossing - Darice "Butterflies" folder
Added Pearls and sheer ribbon.
TFL!!Smile

Edited by user Wednesday, June 18, 2014 1:27:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 18, 2014 12:18:30 AM(UTC)
TurtleBug

My #2 Sample:
MOM - Cut and welded on CCR using the SOPHISTICATED cartridge (Thanks, NanaDonna!)
Embossing - Cuttlebug "Happy Birthday" and Flowers & Leaves" folders
Corner Punches - Recollections punch from Michael's
Pattern Paper - DCWV "The Romantic" stack
Added pearls and white organza sheer ribbon
TFL!!Smile

Edited by user Wednesday, June 18, 2014 2:44:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 18, 2014 12:21:07 AM(UTC)
TurtleBug

My #3 Sample and Extra Credit using the third row across:

Heart Paper - From my Valentine's box of papers, not sure where I bought it.
Miss Kitty - Motion sticker by Sanrio Co.
Sentiment - From one of NanaDonna's "Goody Bags" which I added to a scalloped circle
Small Hearts - Puffy dimensional stickos by EK Success
Embossing - "Cane Back Chair" Cuttlebug folder
Scalloped Circle - LACY LABELS cartridge
Heart Cutout - Mini heart punch from Michael's
TFL!!Smile

Edited by user Wednesday, June 18, 2014 2:23:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 18, 2014 12:25:00 AM(UTC)
TurtleBug

My #4 Sample:

Oval Cut - PLANTIN SCHOOLBOOK cartridge
Embossing - Cuttlebug "Leafy Branch" & "Swiss Dots" folder
Thank You - STORYBOOK cartridge (thanks, NanaDonna!)
Floral Paper - "THE French Country Stack" by DCWV
Banner - Hand-made
I cut the "Thank You" out of white cardstock and inked it with "Aloe Vera" green Dew Drops. Added buttons and pink satin ribbon
TFL!!Smile

Edited by user Wednesday, June 18, 2014 3:06:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

*NanaDonna* Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, June 18, 2014 6:49:20 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2620 time(s) in 1378 post(s)
Dee had some things going on so she asked me to post the ad colors for her.
Here are the colors she picked out for the challenge. They are posted for additional
inspiration. You them if you choose too.

1 user thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
DeeScraps on 6/19/2014(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, June 18, 2014 7:04:05 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Turtlebug - Thanks for hosting I love the sketches you chose they have a lot of possibilities. Great extra credit, who doesn't like bingo, Wink Wink especially card bingo.

Your samples are all fabulous
Such a very pretty card, love the soft colors and the pearls add the perfect touch pretty pretty

Oh my this card is beautiful! I love the Mom with the pretty fancy letters, again the pearls are a pretty addition. I think this is my favoriteBigGrin and it looks like you welded the letters ThumpUp

Cute cute cute, love the hello kitty image is that a sticker? The hearts are so cute are they brads? Love the heart in the middle of the heart cut out. Great color combination Love how you did the ribbon banner. Can't be;eive you picked sketches with banners on them LOL

Very nice card and great thank you cut out, I think I know which cartridge that is fromWink . Nice embossing and love the lace along the side. This sketch will get me to use that new lace I got.

Thanks again for hosting

Hope to get my new Explore up and running to use on the sketches. It arrived late yesterday.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 18, 2014 9:37:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 6/18/2014(UTC)
JeanP Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, June 18, 2014 8:27:20 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 952 time(s) in 766 post(s)
Turtlebug, Thanks for posting the new sketches. Super nice ones. I have a couple ideas running thru my head but who knows how they might end up.
Cute idea for the extra creditBigGrin

NanaDonna- Love the ad colors. They might be tough but I might give a try though.

You made some really pretty cards. I need to up my game this time around after seeing what everyone has done in the last roundSmile

Sketch 1- This card is so dainty looking. Very pretty
Sketch 2- Beautiful!!!! I love all the layers you used and the corner punch.
Sketch 3- This is such a cute card for a child. Very girlyBigGrin
Sketch 4- I like the simplicity of this card. Very elegant looking

Edited by user Wednesday, June 18, 2014 8:39:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked JeanP for this useful post.
BingoLady Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, June 18, 2014 12:55:51 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 973 time(s) in 659 post(s)
Turtlebug, thanks for hosting with the great sketches. And all your cards
came out so pretty and colorful. The Hello Kitty is so adorable.

Dee, thankyou for the colors, hope to see some of your nice cards.
 2 users thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 6/18/2014(UTC), DeeScraps on 6/19/2014(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, June 18, 2014 1:08:24 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Hello Ladies,
Would like to apologize for posting the sketches so late last night. Not sure what was going on with Photobucket, it would not allow me to click "copied" so I could post to the MB. FINALLY, got it to work very late last night and I didn't want to take the time that late to add my recipes, I will go back now and add them. Hope you all like the sketches and the Ad Colors NanaDonna posted for Dee.

HAVE FUN!!Smile

Edited by user Wednesday, June 18, 2014 1:12:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DeeScraps Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, June 18, 2014 5:10:46 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 746 time(s) in 577 post(s)
Thanks Nana Donna for posting the colors for me this morning.

I wanted to go ahead and post this card that I did for last week but didn't get to post it.

Dee

[img=http://][/img]
DeeScraps Offline
#12 Posted : Wednesday, June 18, 2014 5:35:39 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Wow... what a wonderful array of cards done last week. I'm sorry that I didn't get to comment on them, but know that I enjoyed each and every one of them.

Turtlebug...thanks for the sketches. I hope to get them done this week and the extra credit sounds like fun. You did a really nice job with all of your cards.

#1 I really like the paper stack you used. It's one I haven't seen in the stores yet. It has a soft, light touch. Is that a rub-on or a stamp?

#2 What a beautiful birthday card for a MOM. I like the corner punch, pearls, and the colors you used.

#3 This is one of my favorite color combos. The Hello Kitty sticker is adorable. What does motion-sticker mean? Nice embossing down the side. Perfect extra credit!

#4 I really like how this one came out and, again, you used this wonderful color combo. Nice embossing and the lace adds to the nice soft feel of the card.

Dee

Edited by user Wednesday, June 18, 2014 5:37:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked DeeScraps for this useful post.
BingoLady Offline
#13 Posted : Wednesday, June 18, 2014 6:01:41 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 973 time(s) in 659 post(s)

# 1 sketch, No cricut, every thing cut by my cutter. The little tag with the
sentiment , I've had those forever.
BingoLady attached the following image(s):
001.jpg
JeanP Offline
#14 Posted : Wednesday, June 18, 2014 6:10:29 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Originally Posted by: BingoLady Go to Quoted Post
# 1 sketch, No cricut, every thing cut by my cutter. The little tag with the
sentiment , I've had those forever.

I like the black and red color combo. Nice card!!!!

JeanP Offline
#15 Posted : Wednesday, June 18, 2014 6:16:07 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Hubby had to go back out on a job after dinner so I made these 2 cardsBigGrin

The papers I used on both came from a G45 stack called Secret Garden. Just plain cuts on both. For sketch 1, I embossed the base and then inked the edges. I added a sentiment and some white ribbon with a bow.

Sketch 2 was layered using the same stack and I also used a tag from the stack as the focal point.. I inked all the edges, added some lace and some heart brads to try and keep it vintage and romantic looking. I will add a sentiment inside.

Sorry the pictures aren't the best. I had bad lighting and took them from above instead of straight onBlushing

I hope to make the other 2 cards over the weekend. I'll have to think about the ad colors for a bit!!!!

Edited by user Wednesday, June 18, 2014 6:17:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

JeanP attached the following image(s):
IMG_1342.JPG
IMG_1343.JPG
SandraCzech Offline
#16 Posted : Wednesday, June 18, 2014 7:54:38 PM(UTC)
SandraCzech

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 85 time(s) in 67 post(s)
Turtlebug - The sketches are going to be fun to make. I'm going to enjoy your bingo game. I just have to decide which row I want to tackle.

Your sketch #1 is very pretty. It looks so delicate. I absolutely love the "mom" card. The font makes the card. I'm going to have to look closer at that cart. That's a very cute Miss Kitty on your #3 card. A little girl is going to love this card. I really like your #4 card. Great paper and nice colors. What are Dew Drops? The ones I have are little gem-like stones. I have a feeling that's not what you're talking about.

DeeScraps & NanaDonna - It's going to be a challenge to use the Ad Colors. I like them.

DeeScraps - What a pretty card for last weeks challenge. Great color combo.

BingoLady Red, black and White is one of my favorite color combinations. Great card. The embossing is a nice touch - goes well with the background paper.

JeanP - Your sketch #1 card is very pretty but I'm in love with your #2 card. Everything is just perfect - the paper & the embellishments. The lace is a nice touch. This is gorgeous.

Now off to play with paper!
 2 users thanked SandraCzech for this useful post.
DeeScraps on 6/19/2014(UTC), JeanP on 6/19/2014(UTC)
SandraCzech Offline
#17 Posted : Wednesday, June 18, 2014 8:14:34 PM(UTC)
SandraCzech

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 85 time(s) in 67 post(s)
Turtlebug - I answered your question about the shoes on the last challenge page but it just occurred to me that you might not look back for the answer so here it is:

The heels are made with double sided paper so that the inside looked finished. Inside each shoe is a little purple and white organza gift bag that has red and purple wrapped chocolates and a candy lipstick. And tied on each bag is either a red or purple expandable ring. Everyone voted for their favorite decorated shoe. (Blind ballots) The favorite won with 4 votes. And yes, I made all the shoes but I didn't decorate them. Each lady decorated her own shoe. I supplied all the bling. It was a lot of fun.

Thanks
Sandy
 1 user thanked SandraCzech for this useful post.
TurtleBug Offline
#18 Posted : Wednesday, June 18, 2014 8:42:45 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Originally Posted by: *NanaDonna* Go to Quoted Post

Turtlebug
Cute cute cute, love the hello kitty image is that a sticker? The hearts are so cute are they brads? Love the heart in the middle of the heart cut out. Great color combination Love how you did the ribbon banner. Can't be;eive you picked sketches with banners on them LOL

NanaDonna,
Yes, it is a Miss Kitty plastic motion sticker by Sanrio Co. They come 12 squares to a package with different images that all change. On this one when you move the card her outfit and hairbow change. They are all super cute, can't remember where/when I bought them...most likely it was Michael's.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 18, 2014 9:14:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Offline
#19 Posted : Wednesday, June 18, 2014 8:59:22 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Originally Posted by: DeeScraps Go to Quoted Post

#3 This is one of my favorite color combos. The Hello Kitty sticker is adorable. What does motion-sticker mean? Nice embossing down the side. Perfect extra credit!
Dee

Hi Sandra!
They are stickers that change when you move the card. Please read the post to NanaDonna above this one. Thanks!
I did see your post on the last challenge, I always check back a couple of days or so after the next challenge starts just in case anyone posts their cards late Tuesday night. The Red Hats Ladies sounds like a fun group!!

Edited by user Wednesday, June 18, 2014 9:10:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
DeeScraps on 6/19/2014(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#20 Posted : Wednesday, June 18, 2014 9:53:01 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

DeeScraps
Last Week's #3 - Very pretty, the single tree gives the card a very serene and comforting look. Pretty colors and paper patterns, too.

BingoLady
#1 - I see you found your Cranberry color paper for last week's Ad Colors.Laugh Laugh
Very nice colors with a touch of white and black. Nice card!

JeanP
#1 - Like the inked edges and pretty pattern paper. Like your idea of using both tags for your sentiment, very nice card.
#2 - WOW, very romantic!! Love the Rose center with the 3-D Rose at the corner. The paper designs are perfect for this theme card and you have to have Lace, of course! You nailed exactly what you were trying to acheive when you made this card. So pretty!!

Edited by user Wednesday, June 18, 2014 9:53:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
JeanP on 6/19/2014(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#21 Posted : Wednesday, June 18, 2014 10:43:15 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

[quote=SandraCzech;1861278]Turtlebug
I really like your #4 card. Great paper and nice colors. What are Dew Drops? The ones I have are little gem-like stones. I have a feeling that's not what you're talking about.
quote]

Sandra,
Dew Drops are put out by Tsukineko and the ones I have are "Memento", "Brilliance" and "Versa Magic". They are in a package of four in assorted color/shade catagories and come in cute small plastic containers shaped like a teardrop/dewdrop. They were gifted to me by NanaDonna and they are chalk inks. I hope I explained it correct, if not NanaDonna can tell you exactly what they are.Laugh In any case, I LOVE using them!

Happy to see all this activity on here so early into the challenge. Ladies, please continue to share your thoughts and cards with us.
DeeScraps Offline
#22 Posted : Thursday, June 19, 2014 5:34:29 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

[quote=TurtleBug;1861292][size=6]DeeScraps
Last Week's #3 - Very pretty, the single tree gives the card a very serene and comforting look. Pretty colors and paper patterns, too.

If you notice on the card in the upper left corner you can see "Family" written very lightly on the paper. The tree was cut off the bottom of the paper so I went with the "Family Tree" look. I'll add a sentiment later or inside.

Dee
DeeScraps Offline
#23 Posted : Thursday, June 19, 2014 5:47:19 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

[color=red]BingoLady..[/color].

#1 card - I love how this came out. The papers are perfect together and the black bow and brads really pop on the card.

Jean P...

#2 - card is just beautiful...how can it not be using this Graphic 45 Paper! I was wondering what size G 45 papers do you buy? Do you stick with 8x8?

#1 - You used a pretty color combo this card and and I liked how you embossed the inside layer of the card.

Dee
JeanP Offline
#24 Posted : Thursday, June 19, 2014 6:36:49 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Originally Posted by: DeeScraps Go to Quoted Post
[color=red]BingoLady..[/color].

#1 card - I love how this came out. The papers are perfect together and the black bow and brads really pop on the card.

Jean P...

#2 - card is just beautiful...how can it not be using this Graphic 45 Paper! I was wondering what size G 45 papers do you buy? Do you stick with 8x8?

#1 - You used a pretty color combo this card and and I liked how you embossed the inside layer of the card.

Dee

Thanks Dee. I usually buy the 12X12 pads if I am going to make layouts. I have some 8X8 G45 packs that were given to me. Figured I should use them.BigGrin Sometimes I wished they would only print on one side though because I feel like I am wasting the other sideBlushing

I like your blue & white Christmas card. Very pretty tree in the center.

britishgirl Offline
#25 Posted : Thursday, June 19, 2014 10:47:01 AM(UTC)
britishgirl

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 143 post(s)
thank you for the great sketches sorry i have not been around things have been kind of hectic lately hope things are slowing down some now
*NanaDonna* Offline
#26 Posted : Thursday, June 19, 2014 11:25:51 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Look who arrived yesterday.
This is my great-grandson Mason Dylan and Emma's little brother.
He weighed in at a whopping 9 lbs and 21.5 inches long. This is hard to believe as
both his parents are short, in fact his Mommy is 4'10" and only weighs about 90 pounds.

Aren't those cheeks adorableLove
*NanaDonna* Offline
#27 Posted : Thursday, June 19, 2014 11:43:08 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

While I was waiting for Mason to arrive yesterday I worked on my sketch #4.
This is also my tic-tac-toe extra credit.
Lace - Rub-on - Brads
I cut the oval and banner using my new Explore machineBigGrin , it actually cuts a REAL oval LOL.
The background paper is from DCWV Lemon Flower stack
The lace is some new self adhesive lace I recently got, in the corner is 2 glitter brads.
The happy birthday is a rub-on.
The "M" is there temporarily and I will change it accordingly when I decide who to send it to. TFL

Off to work on another sketch
JeanP Offline
#28 Posted : Thursday, June 19, 2014 12:54:50 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Cute card but the baby is much cuter!!!!!!

CongratsBigGrin
 1 user thanked JeanP for this useful post.
*NanaDonna* on 6/19/2014(UTC)
Kiethann Offline
#29 Posted : Thursday, June 19, 2014 1:27:03 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States
Location: master questionair page 16 post 465 new MQ page 1 post 6

Was thanked: 703 time(s) in 538 post(s)
Such a sweet baby. thanks for sharing. I am sure Emma is thrilled to have a little brother. Congrats to you and your family.

Hope to work on these sketches today. Had to stop at Walmart this morning to pick up a few items and decided to check out the craft area. Found some cardtock which I think will work for the add challenge. It was so pretty I could not pass it up. Now I am glad I bought it...along with 6 plain cardstock packs in different hues and shades. Oh, and I purchased a new sewing machine. My old one started acting up so I bought a fully computerized quilting/sewing machine.
 1 user thanked Kiethann for this useful post.
*NanaDonna* on 6/19/2014(UTC)
DeeScraps Offline
#30 Posted : Thursday, June 19, 2014 7:15:57 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Originally Posted by: britishgirl Go to Quoted Post
thank you for the great sketches sorry i have not been around things have been kind of hectic lately hope things are slowing down some now

Good to see you back.

Dee