Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
JeanP Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 01, 2014 4:37:48 PM(UTC)
JeanP

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1002 time(s) in 806 post(s)
Here are the sketches I choose. You can do as many as you want. Adjust as needed. These are just a way to get you started and give you some inspiration.

The extra credit will be to use a photo(one of yours or an online image) on one of your cards.

HAVE FUN!!!!!!
The sketches go in order from left to right and Sketch #4 is on the next line. SorryBlushing

Edited by user Tuesday, July 01, 2014 4:48:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

JeanP attached the following image(s):
Sketch 1.jpg
Sketch 2.jpg
Sketch 3.jpg
Sketch 4.jpg
JeanP Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 01, 2014 4:43:33 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Here are 2 of mine I finished up earlier this evening. I am saving the other 2 sketches for the extra credit and the ad colors.BigGrin

I have lots of scrap so I used some of them for both of these cards. Plus remember, I am a simple card maker. Nothing really fancy like some of the ones you ladies makeSmile

Sketch-#1 I added a flower where the hearts were on the sketch.

Sketch #4 I made this a little vintage looking and I think it could be used for both male and female.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 01, 2014 4:46:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

JeanP attached the following image(s):
sketch 1 card.JPG
Sketch 4 card.JPG
DeeScraps Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 01, 2014 7:01:36 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 783 time(s) in 613 post(s)
WELL, I am so not having fun with the computer tonight! Not only could I NOT get onto Photobucket so I could upload my photo of this week's colors, but I just lost the post I was working on.Angry

I'm giving up!

JeanP....very nice sketches.....love the extra credit....and both of your examples are very nice. I like the choice of papers on both the cards, the metal embellishments and how you stamped the sentiment.

THE WEEK'S COLORS ARE! Blue, Pink, Yellow, and Gray.

Thanks, Dee
*NanaDonna* Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 01, 2014 9:16:23 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2659 time(s) in 1410 post(s)
Thanks Jean for hosting, love the sketches. Have them printed out and ready to start working on them tomorrow.
Dee thanks for the colors. sorry you are having computer problems know how frustrating that is. Hope you get it fixed.

Jean love your sample card and don't you worry about your cards being fancy, we love to see all cards and this challenge is the right track to get your cards o the next level. I credit this challenge for getting my cards to where they are now. Whatever your style is is fine we just love looking at other peoples creations.
 1 user thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
JeanP on 7/2/2014(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 02, 2014 12:34:34 AM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 978 time(s) in 639 post(s)
Jean
You did great on your first Hosting!! Thanks for volunteering on such late notice, it was easy peasy wasn't it!??LOL LOL
I love the nice assortment of sketches you picked and your samples. Won't be home most of Wednesday, but I might have time later at night to at least get started on a sketch...but, I will get them done.

Dee
Computer, printer and MB problems....please go away!!Angry I feel for you Dee, I think we have all been there at some point and it is NOT fun!! Hope you are up and running soon and able to post the Ad Colors.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 02, 2014 12:36:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
JeanP on 7/2/2014(UTC)
DeeScraps Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 02, 2014 6:13:07 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Photobucket didn't give me an error message this morning, so I was able to upload the photo of the colors.Smile

[img=http://][/img]
JeanP Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, July 02, 2014 7:14:30 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Nice ad colors!!!! Thanks Dee.
Glad your computer is cooperating today.

I can't see any of my pictures on this thread right now, just the X!!!!! What's up with thatBigGrin Crying
I hope no one else is having a problem viewing the sketches.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 02, 2014 7:15:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

LisaW. Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, July 02, 2014 7:51:05 AM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 102 post(s)
Jean...I get the X's with my computer and mine just takes a reboot to correct.
BingoLady Online
#9 Posted : Wednesday, July 02, 2014 10:26:32 AM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 1007 time(s) in 687 post(s)
Jean, thanks for the nice sketches,and thanks again for hosting.

Dee, thankyou for the colors

Turtlebug, thank you for hosting last two weeks.
BingoLady Online
#10 Posted : Wednesday, July 02, 2014 7:47:48 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

# 1 sketch , I used some of my scraps and a punch for the hearts. And a
spell Binder for the miss you.
BingoLady attached the following image(s):
001.jpg
DeeScraps Offline
#11 Posted : Thursday, July 03, 2014 6:18:19 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Bingolady...very pretty card. I really like the color combination and the punches hearts and sentiment go great.

Someone asked if I used a sticker or "fussy-cut" the fish on the card I posted last week. Well, I actually "fuss-cut" enough to make all the fish "popped"...but I didn't like the way it looked. I'm sure you'll see them on another card! That card took forever!

Dee
ValerieSchomburg Offline
#12 Posted : Thursday, July 03, 2014 3:50:44 PM(UTC)
ValerieSchomburg

Was thanked: 1633 time(s) in 1499 post(s)
JeanP thank you so much for doing the sketches! They are great. Also want to thank DeeScraps for the challenge colors.

JeanP - #1 Really like the yellow and orange together. The flower with leaves adds a special effect. Great job! #4 Like the patterned paper you used. The embellishments are awesome! Very nicely done.

BingoLady - #1 Love the plaid paper w/sparkles! The colors are awesome. Great job!

I got 2 of my cards done today. I'll post when I have a change to get the other 2 done. Even did one with ad colors! Yeah! Didn't do ad colors last challenge.

Edited by user Thursday, July 03, 2014 4:03:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Offline
#13 Posted : Thursday, July 03, 2014 4:08:09 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Originally Posted by: DeeScraps Go to Quoted Post
[color=red]
Someone asked if I used a sticker or "fussy-cut" the fish on the card I posted last week. Well, I actually "fuss-cut" enough to make all the fish "popped"...but I didn't like the way it looked. I'm sure you'll see them on another card! That card took forever!
Dee

Hi Dee,
I was the one that asked, I liked the 3-D effect it gave the fish. I thought maybe it was a chipboard sticker, it looked really nice. I save all my boxes like from cereal, tea, crackers, etc. and like to use them for chipboard on certain cuts when I want to give diminsion to it. I added chipboard to the scalloped oval on my #3 Ex. Credit card for today.
Thanks!
TurtleBug

Edited by user Thursday, July 03, 2014 4:43:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Offline
#14 Posted : Thursday, July 03, 2014 4:36:30 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Hi Ladies,
I wanted to make my #3 card first cause it appeared like it would be hard to make with that big half circle, welllllllll....after going through three 8X11 sheets if brown cardstock, I think I finally got the right size. I know, I know...tell me how simple that was to do!!LOL LOL LOL

My #3 Sketch Card and Extra Credit
Picture - From (you guessed it!!) an old calender
Ribbons - $1 bin from Target, a set of three rolls.
Embossing - Cuttlebug "Thanks" folder. Says "Thanks" in different languages
White Oval - PLANTIN SCHOOLBOOK
Scallop Oval - SpellBinder
Plaid Paper - Michael's single sheet rack.
I inked the edges of the white oval with "Sea Breeze" Versa Chalk ink.
TFL!!Smile

Edited by user Thursday, July 03, 2014 4:41:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Offline
#15 Posted : Thursday, July 03, 2014 5:04:38 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

JeanP
#1 - So sunny and bright, love the colors, floral paper and the B'day stamp is so "Happy!!". I think the matching flower worked better in this card than the hearts would have, good choice on your part.
#4 - You know the old saying " Less is More", and this card is a "less is more' card. It is simple and elegant, not too busy. Love the metal embellishments and the use of only three colors. Lots of times a card doesn't need everything added to it...INCLUDING the proverbial
kitchen sink!!Laugh Laugh

BingoLady
#1 - Bright and colorful, like the colors you picked. Like how you positioned the hearts and the sentiment in Torqouise looks nice. Cute card!!

Edited by user Thursday, July 03, 2014 5:06:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ValerieSchomburg Offline
#16 Posted : Thursday, July 03, 2014 8:54:02 PM(UTC)
ValerieSchomburg

TurtleBug: #3 LOVE your card! The colors are awesome. The plaid paper is great! The oval instead of circle looks great! All I can say is it is a great card! Great job!
 1 user thanked ValerieSchomburg for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 7/4/2014(UTC)
JeanP Offline
#17 Posted : Friday, July 04, 2014 6:23:56 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Bingolady- I really like your color combination on this card!!! The plaid is perfect.

Turtlebug- This card is super.BigGrin Love the use of the calendar picture for the extra credit. Ribbon is also perfect(I had planned to use ribbon also)Pretty papers.

You would think with the TONS of paper I have, I could find at least one print to match Dee's ad colors!!!! I am still lookingBigGrin BigGrin
 1 user thanked JeanP for this useful post.
Kiethann Offline
#18 Posted : Friday, July 04, 2014 7:41:14 AM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States
Location: master questionair page 16 post 465 new MQ page 1 post 6

Was thanked: 809 time(s) in 619 post(s)
jean thanks for hosting and the sketches. Dee thanks for the ad colors. My grandchildren are spending a few days with us, (this is a very rare event, and I am trying to make the most of it and create some awesome memories). Thanks all for understanding, so I will probably not be posting very much. To all of you ladies, I always am amazed at what you come up with to match the sketches.
ValerieSchomburg Offline
#19 Posted : Friday, July 04, 2014 10:28:51 AM(UTC)
ValerieSchomburg

Keithann:

What an awesome thing to do over the holiday weekend - enjoy your time with your family!
TurtleBug Offline
#20 Posted : Friday, July 04, 2014 11:42:52 AM(UTC)
TurtleBug

My #1 Sketch Card:

Owl - CINDY LOO cartridge, added googly eyes.
Leaves - Sizzix die
Paper - Single rack sheet.....has sparkle around the flowers, doesn't show well.
Embossing - Cuttlebug "Swiss Dots" and "Floral Fantasy" folders
Yellow Flowers - Mini punch
Branch - GIVE A HOOT cartridge
Sentiment - Computer-generated
Panels - All hand -cut
Ribbon - Old seam binding I found in my sewing box.
The three flower cuts and the light yellow cuts on the Owl I cut from glitter cardstock, again, doesn't show well.
TFL!!Smile

Edited by user Friday, July 04, 2014 11:50:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

*NanaDonna* Offline
#21 Posted : Friday, July 04, 2014 12:57:33 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

HAPPY 4th OF JULY TO ALL

I hope everyone has great plans for the holiday and the weekend. Good for you Keithann that you get to spend that precious time with your grandkids, have fun

Bingolady - #1 pretty plaid colored paper, I really like how you stacked the heart. Nice embossing to you with the matted panels.

Turtlebug - No you are right it is NOT that easy to get a large circle just the right size to lay on a card that way, I remember a couple years back there was a similar sketch that had a circle on it like that. #3 is a fabulous card! I love the plaid and the colors you used, the ribbons match your colors perfectly, great idea with the loops. I know that lighthouse, in fact I took a picture of it when we went to Maine 2 years ago. It is the Nubble Lighthouse in York Maine.
#1 What a darling card, I love everything about it. The owl is adorable and the papers are so pretty. Great saying. Love that embossing folder.

1 user thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
*NanaDonna* Offline
#22 Posted : Friday, July 04, 2014 1:13:18 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

After working on it for a couple of days off & on I finally got my
sketch #2 done.
A couple of weeks ago I was at Michaels and I found some of their Recollections spray inks on clearance so I picked some up, you all know how I like to create my own paper so I thought they would be fun for that.
I had made this a piece of paper over a week ago and was so happy to see the ad colors
this week.BigGrin the paper had all the colors except the gray which was easy enough to add to the card.
I kind of inverted the corners on the card from the way the sketch is, the corners are punched with a Fiskars corner punch. Panels are all hand cut.
The center label is cut using Artiste and my Explore. The Explore cut and wrote the saying at the same time. It is a really cool feature of the Explore.
The butterfly is a brad from My Minds Eye. TFL
TurtleBug Offline
#23 Posted : Friday, July 04, 2014 1:56:41 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Just wanted to share, especially with Kiethann

Kiethann, remember last week you posted your card with some "lace" you bought at your 90 yr. old neighbor's yardsale and didn't know how old it was? When I saw it I knew it wasn't lace but seam binding for hems. Way back in the day I worked at a Five and Dime that had a sewing notions department and I used to stock it, I remember all these bindings used for all kinds of things when sewing. I went through my sewing basket and found the seam binding I used on my #1 card. I am posting the item below, I found a date printed on the package...1974....40 yrs. ago...yours might be even older!!
Isn't it awesome that we can re-purpose something we have had for so long on to a card. OH! and check out the nice price, three yards for a whopping 45 cents...what a deal!Laugh

1 user thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
Kiethann on 7/5/2014(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#24 Posted : Friday, July 04, 2014 2:58:06 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

ValerieSchomburg Offline
#25 Posted : Friday, July 04, 2014 4:03:11 PM(UTC)
ValerieSchomburg

I hope everyone is having a great 4th of July! No great big plans at our house, just taking it easy!

I finished up my last card today and so I'm posting all of them now. This has been a really fun challenge. Thank you JeanP and DeeScraps again!

#1 Saved this one for last because I wanted to use my photo on it and wanted to use a lighthouse. Yes, I had one from a calendar too! Sorry TurtleBug but I really did plan on using this when I saw the photo part of the challenge. You just beat me to it!! I had cut this out about 3 months ago and had it on the top of my little stack of stuff I keep close by. It was a bit of challenge to do this card though. As you can see I did do some tweaking of the sketch. Also used LIB cart for the cutouts. The ribbon I purchased at Michaels I believe last summer with the intent of using it with something like this. I meant to emboss the background but forgot. But I still like the way it turned out.

#2 Did this one in the challenge colors. Kept the colors more pastel. Also used Matalesse folder on the embossed background and Rosa on the butterflies. Both are Anna Griffin folders.

#3 This was a challenge too. Trying to get the circle cut the right size with my Bug. Since I could only cut it at 5.5" had to adjust the size a bit. The embossing folder didn't quite get to the edges but it looks okay. Another issue I had with this was the ribbons. Trying to get the right combo.

#4 I think this was the easiest one of the bunch for me.

I did use scraps on everything too!

I'll be looking forward to seeing all of your creations next week!!

TFL!
ValerieSchomburg attached the following image(s):
DSC01012.JPG
DSC01013.JPG
DSC01014.JPG
DSC01015.JPG
ValerieSchomburg Offline
#26 Posted : Friday, July 04, 2014 4:18:36 PM(UTC)
ValerieSchomburg

TurtleBug the seam binding back in 1974 looks awesome! Too bad they don't still make it that way. Soo pretty. Your sketch #1 is sooo cute! Love all the pink and green together with all of the flowers. But I'm rather partial to flowers anyway. Such a cute owl. Love the embossing and your lacy seam binding. Great card!

NanaDonna - Your card for sketch #2 with the ad colors is beautiful. Absolutely love the paper you used. Love butterflies too. The corners with the Fiskars corner punch. Such a great job!

Great job ladies!

Edited by user Friday, July 04, 2014 4:20:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked ValerieSchomburg for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 7/5/2014(UTC)
BingoLady Online
#27 Posted : Saturday, July 05, 2014 1:13:34 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Hope all of you are having a nice weekend.

Kiethann, enjoy your time the Grandkids.

Turlebug, both of your cards came so nice. Like the images you used, The little
owl came out so cute with his big eyes.

Donna, wow love all the embossing you put on your card. Like the way you worked
the ad colors.

Valerie, you've be buzy making all your cards, they all came out nice. Like all
the décor and paper you used.
 2 users thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 7/5/2014(UTC), ValerieSchomburg on 7/5/2014(UTC)
BingoLady Online
#28 Posted : Saturday, July 05, 2014 1:17:11 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Here is my ad color sketch, I used a little spell binder for the middle décor.
And a punch for the hearts
BingoLady attached the following image(s):
002.jpg
Kiethann Offline
#29 Posted : Saturday, July 05, 2014 5:17:34 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States
Location: master questionair page 16 post 465 new MQ page 1 post 6

Was thanked: 809 time(s) in 619 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TurtleBug Go to Quoted Post
Just wanted to share, especially with Kiethann

Kiethann, remember last week you posted your card with some "lace" you bought at your 90 yr. old neighbor's yardsale and didn't know how old it was? When I saw it I knew it wasn't lace but seam binding for hems. Way back in the day I worked at a Five and Dime that had a sewing notions department and I used to stock it, I remember all these bindings used for all kinds of things when sewing. I went through my sewing basket and found the seam binding I used on my #1 card. I am posting the item below, I found a date printed on the package...1974....40 yrs. ago...yours might be even older!!
Isn't it awesome that we can re-purpose something we have had for so long on to a card. OH! and check out the nice price, three yards for a whopping 45 cents...what a deal!Laugh

Wow thank you for the pictures. Love that shade of green. Any chance I can talk you out of some of it. I have a card started that would be perfect for that shade. Would be more than happy to reimburse you for postage and also the cost of the lace. thanks.

TurtleBug Offline
#30 Posted : Saturday, July 05, 2014 5:29:24 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Originally Posted by: Kiethann Go to Quoted Post
Wow thank you for the pictures. Love that shade of green. Any chance I can talk you out of some of it. I have a card started that would be perfect for that shade. Would be more than happy to reimburse you for postage and also the cost of the lace. thanks.

Kiethann
PM me your address and it's on it's way!! Glad you can use it, I use to make my dresses when I was like in my 20's and can't ever recall a dress I made using this pretty green shade.LOL