Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

13 Pages«<56789>»
CricutCrazy Offline
#181 Posted : Saturday, August 30, 2014 12:50:51 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 1058 time(s) in 773 post(s)
Just got back from the PO with 3 more pkgs. of cards !

BEVERLY, JULIE and NANCY - your cards have arrived Woot ThumpUp thanks so much

I will try to get pictures up ASAP...I am busy with laundry duty today and crafting on the side !! Wub
Catita Offline
#182 Posted : Saturday, August 30, 2014 1:31:59 PM(UTC)
Catita

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 221 time(s) in 163 post(s)
Mailed my cards out yesterday (Friday). Would post the tracking info but I have no idea where I put my receipt....probably in my car somewhere.

That bushel and a peck card is SOOOO cute!!!!!
CricutCrazy Offline
#183 Posted : Saturday, August 30, 2014 2:39:27 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Oh my goodness...all these old songs are making me a bit melancholy as I remember my Mom singing them to us when we were kids. She loved the "Bushel & A Peck" one, and also "You are my Sunshine". Now it makes me cry when I hear them because I miss her so much Crying ...She sang it to all her Grandchildren too...Wub

Patti - I learned a long time ago to be very careful about those Flat Rate envelopes & watch which one you are picking up ! Now - if I am going to the PO it doesnt matter, but if I send DH, he would do what your hubby did, since he has no common sense at all.RollEyes ...He did something similar last week when I told him to send something the CHEAPEST way possible (which should have been less than $1.00) he sticks it in a Priority Mail Flat Rate envelope !! It only weighed 5 ounces. I could have strangled him. This cost me all of my profits on a sale and actually sold it at a loss due to the $5.35 postage ! I had charged the customer $2.00 postage. RollEyes I will not send him again unless a pkg. already has the postage on it.

I am working on some photos for you all to see tonight ladies...be back soon !!

golfingrams Offline
#184 Posted : Saturday, August 30, 2014 3:45:53 PM(UTC)
golfingrams

Was thanked: 410 time(s) in 363 post(s)
Catita, thank you.

Barb - now that I'm thinking about it, Jim did get my last batch. I too will get my own.

Hugs Patti
golfingrams Offline
#185 Posted : Saturday, August 30, 2014 3:51:34 PM(UTC)
golfingrams

Barb, did you update your MQ or something as I saw you posted on there but didn't look. I just printed a couple days ago so if you made changes I will go look. Hugs Patti
 1 user thanked golfingrams for this useful post.
CricutCrazy on 8/30/2014(UTC)
NancyHjortness Offline
#186 Posted : Saturday, August 30, 2014 4:52:52 PM(UTC)
NancyHjortness

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 49 post(s)
I AM SO SURPRISED THAT THAT THE PACKAGE IS THERE ALREADY ---I JUST MAILED IT ON WEDNESDAY AND OTHER TIMES IT WILL TAKE 7 OR 8 DAYS. THE LAST TIME I HAD THE DH MAIL MY PACKAGE FOR ME HE SENT IT REGISTERED MAIL AND LORI HAD TO GO TO THE POST OFFICE AND SIGN FOR IT ------DH CLUELESS
 1 user thanked NancyHjortness for this useful post.
CricutCrazy on 8/30/2014(UTC)
CricutCrazy Offline
#187 Posted : Saturday, August 30, 2014 5:21:55 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Originally Posted by: golfingrams Go to Quoted Post
Barb, did you update your MQ or something as I saw you posted on there but didn't look. I just printed a couple days ago so if you made changes I will go look. Hugs Patti

Hi Patti - Yes, I made a few minor changes...not a lot. I saw that I had not updated since February and thought that was pretty old. I try to do it at least twice a year... but when you get to this age, you really dont have a lot of changes in life. I am definitely a creature of "habit". Laugh

Hi Nancy - Yes they are here ! Two days from MT to FL !! That is amazing ! They must have caught the "Red Eye" and zoomed here overnight by Carrier Pigeon because the post office is just NOT capable of doing that ! I will never understand how they operate Razz LOL Beverly is right here in FLorida and her package took 3 days by Priority Mail...OhMyGod

Here are photos of the latest ones in -
starting with Evelyn's lovely Fall tree card with tons of layering and embossed backgrounds and such gorgeous colors ! I love the extra thick mat on the inside - very nicely done !
next is Beverly's simply A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E School Bus card ! So very cute and colorful...I love the embossed background on this one and the green and yellow color scheme on this one and the bus is really a cutie - would like to know if this cut is from the Community Cart or Speaking of School ?
the third photo is - Nancy's "Happy Harvest" collection ~ they are not all completely identical, but close...I wanted to show you 2 of them - She really went the 'extra mile' on the inside mats with some lovely stampings and color "pops". I think the embossing is gorgeous and the colors really stand out on the white embossed backgrounds.
the fourth one is a card from CardMakerJulie - She forgot and made them A2 cards, but they are so lovely that I will be including them anyway in the exchange. The stamping and embossing on this Fall themed "Thank You card" is so beautiful... when I took them out of the envelope my jaw literally DROPPED and I said "WOW" out loud ! The picture does not do them justice.... these are truly artistic !

Well, that is all for tonight. Have a wonderful Labor Day Holiday everyone !! I am crafting until very late tonight !! Wub
CricutCrazy attached the following image(s):
101_0684.JPG
101_0688.JPG
101_0685.JPG
101_0686.JPG
KauaiMelody Offline
#188 Posted : Saturday, August 30, 2014 10:25:02 PM(UTC)
KauaiMelody

Was thanked: 2181 time(s) in 1024 post(s)
off they go. . . #9505 5000 1443 4242 0004 35

Happy Labor Day Weekend Everyone. . .
 1 user thanked KauaiMelody for this useful post.
CricutCrazy on 8/31/2014(UTC)
BeverlyGray1 Offline
#189 Posted : Sunday, August 31, 2014 4:36:13 AM(UTC)
BeverlyGray1

Was thanked: 88 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Barb- the school bus is cut from Stretch your Imagination.
 1 user thanked BeverlyGray1 for this useful post.
Catita Offline
#190 Posted : Sunday, August 31, 2014 6:34:24 AM(UTC)
Catita

Was thanked: 221 time(s) in 163 post(s)
I LOVE seeing pictures of all the cards. Builds up some good excitement. I find myself looking at pictures and thinking, "Oooh, I hope I get that one." "No, wait, now I hope I get THAT one." BigGrin Plus, you get to see what cards you didn't get and still get some good ideas for future cards. LOL
 1 user thanked Catita for this useful post.
KauaiMelody Offline
#191 Posted : Sunday, August 31, 2014 11:22:46 AM(UTC)
KauaiMelody

Card peeks for hard core serial Lookie Loos - u know who you are. . .Laugh

Front of card w/autumn collage, stick pin, and "falling" leaves. . .

inside of card with tucked leaves and label to write sentiment. . .

leaves were nail polished and glittered. . .

back of card, corrugated cardboard comes from light bulb wrapper. . .

Hope u enjoy if u get one Love

Edited by user Sunday, August 31, 2014 11:35:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users thanked KauaiMelody for this useful post.
CricutCrazy on 8/31/2014(UTC), Hodmom on 9/6/2014(UTC)
CricutCrazy Offline
#192 Posted : Sunday, August 31, 2014 2:17:53 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

WOW !! KM - THose are beautiful! Thank you for posting the pix for me...I always appreciate people who save me work ! BigGrin Wub

Okay ladies, if you have not mailed yet, you are officially late. Hopefully they will all arrive before Friday though. Next Sunday, postage rates are going UP AGAIN !! So, I hope it is only for Priority mail like I was told. Nevertheless, I would like to get these posted back to you by Sunday so that we do not risk higher postage rates this month.

Hope you are all having a CRAFTY WEEKEND !! I am knee-deep in paper and glue Woot
Miss Whimsy aka Carol Klink Offline
#193 Posted : Sunday, August 31, 2014 3:36:48 PM(UTC)
Miss Whimsy aka Carol Klink

United States

Was thanked: 122 time(s) in 103 post(s)
WOWIE,ZOWIE,KM!!! Your cards are soooo bootiful!!! Mailed mine yesterday and they look like something a 2nd grader did, they could probably do a better job. This swap is so much fun only now I will have to rethink what I thought I was going to do for Sept. It's been so hot here in CA that I have trouble going to sleep @ night + going through my mind are the projects I'm working on and the ones I would like to begin. These swaps are so inspiring.

With what's left of my mind I think about finishing these projects: Card swap, Explosion Box/Altered Composition book, ABC book using Kate & Nate's carts and includes #'s & colors, a Nursery Rhyme book (8 1/2 x 11) I did last year (my sample) and on and on___. The ABC book (8x8) is for a friend of my son's who has 2 little ones. Can't seem to say no. The Nursery Rhyme book is for a 3yr old great niece, need to make 3 more for 2 little great nephews (brothers) and 2 for future grandchildren (I'm praying). I keep all of my samples. Then still need to make 4 ABC books, 2 boys and 2 girls, and 2 more God's Animal Kingdom books (12x12). Think I may be tooo tired when the GC arrive. Also need to finish a scrapbook from a Shop Hop my friends and I went on the end of July and 1st of August. 31 stores participated and I went to all 31, 2 more than once. This years theme was "Books" so each store chose a book and then set up a photo opp. and sold mini "make'n takes" and charms (organizers gave us all a charm bracelet) so we could record our fun and adventures.

Did anyone read my post near the end of pg 6. I hope someone will respond. I really value your opinions.

Well, enjoy the rest of your "Labor Day" weekend. I haven't labored near as much as I should have so far, but tomorrows another day. Look forward to following all of your posts!
golfingrams Offline
#194 Posted : Sunday, August 31, 2014 3:37:04 PM(UTC)
golfingrams

KM you totally amaze me, wat are the leaves, cloth or ??? What an awesome card. Hugs Patti
golfingrams Offline
#195 Posted : Sunday, August 31, 2014 3:48:04 PM(UTC)
golfingrams

Hi Carol, I didn't answer because I didn't/don't even know what those products are.
Have never even heard of them. Hugs Patti
CricutCrazy Offline
#196 Posted : Sunday, August 31, 2014 4:09:50 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Okay you guys... finally finished them - here is what my card for this month looks like - I got brave and tried some heat embossing. I am not very good at it yet Blushing - I used a Stampin UP Stamp on the front and on the inside. I used Martha Stewart gold embossing powder.I am not real pleased with the poor quality of Martha's gold embossing powder. I will be switching back to the other brand next time.
I used corrugated kraft board cards, DCWV "leaf" paper, ivory cardstock embossed with a Darice "leaf" folder, and sunflowers I made with flower shoppe.

CricutCrazy attached the following image(s):
101_0691.JPG
101_0693.JPG
 2 users thanked CricutCrazy for this useful post.
LoriSjogren on 9/2/2014(UTC), Hodmom on 9/6/2014(UTC)
KauaiMelody Offline
#197 Posted : Sunday, August 31, 2014 4:27:57 PM(UTC)
KauaiMelody

Originally Posted by: CricutCrazy Go to Quoted Post
Okay you guys... finally finished them - here is what my card for this month looks like - I got brave and tried some heat embossing. I am not very good at it yet Blushing - I used a Stampin UP Stamp on the front and on the inside. I used Martha Stewart gold embossing powder.I am not real pleased with the poor quality of Martha's gold embossing powder. I will be switching back to the other brand next time.
I used corrugated kraft board cards, DCWV "leaf" paper, ivory cardstock embossed with a Darice "leaf" folder, and sunflowers I made with flower shoppe.

Such loveliness , very sweet and beautiful, luv the sentimentLove

KauaiMelody Offline
#198 Posted : Sunday, August 31, 2014 4:30:39 PM(UTC)
KauaiMelody

Originally Posted by: golfingrams Go to Quoted Post
KM you totally amaze me, wat are the leaves, cloth or ??? What an awesome card. Hugs Patti

Hi Patti, ty Love The leaves are a mix of cloth and real which I treated with Martha Stewart sealant. Next time I will do the front AND the back. Hope they stand the test of time . . .

KauaiMelody Offline
#199 Posted : Sunday, August 31, 2014 4:36:04 PM(UTC)
KauaiMelody

Originally Posted by: Catita Go to Quoted Post
Cards will be mailed out tomorrow. I made a dozen+ and sent some to my teacher friends. They were a huge hit. I might frame the one I kept for myself. BigGrin

Love the colors Catita, such a bright and cheerful card!!!

Catita on 9/6/2014(UTC)
KauaiMelody Offline
#200 Posted : Sunday, August 31, 2014 4:37:58 PM(UTC)
KauaiMelody

thnx Patti and Barbara for the card compliments. . . luv swapping with all of the lovely ladies and Hostess Barbara who is the sweetest grape on the vineRazz All of the cards are delightful. I love the variety and unique ideas. So much fun and anticipation waiting to get our card happy mail soon. Carol, I think children are the most creative artists of all, so I know yours will be wonderful.

Edited by user Sunday, August 31, 2014 6:05:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CricutCrazy on 9/3/2014(UTC)
Merrie Jones Offline
#201 Posted : Monday, September 01, 2014 8:31:33 AM(UTC)
Merrie Jones

Was thanked: 934 time(s) in 347 post(s)
[quote=CarolKlink;1875916]I luv, luv, luv all the cards for this month! Mailing mine tomorrow (last day - shame on me). I've used Flower Soft on this months cards (a little thick on one side)and would like to know if anyone else has used this product and what they think about it for cards and projects. I've been using it for 3-4 years and like it. Just have to order it on-line as the stores here in CA don't carry it. I'll give some product info below.

Also, discovered Wink of Stella by Sig @ a SB store. It comes in 16 colors and can be ordered @ Hallmark Scrapbook for $4.99 each. The SB store sells them for $6.99 and they don't have all the colors. HS also sells the markers, which I have not tried, but a friend does not recommend them. Would also like your comments/suggestions on this product too.

Hi Carol- I have never tried Flower Soft. I do have a cardmaking kit that has it, just haven't tried it yet. As far as Wink of Stella markers. I have one- in clear- and like it. However, when I ordered it I did not realize it came as a pen or a brush. I got the pen and would definitely recommend that you get the brush if you want to cover large areas. I like it because it gives a 'subtle' gleam- not as obvious as Stickles. I plan on putting some colors (with the brush tip) on my Christmas list this year.Smile
#202 Posted : Monday, September 01, 2014 9:49:07 AM(UTC)

United States

Hi Merrie,

THANK YOU so much for responding! Please try your Flower Soft and if you don't mind let me know what you think. My 1st order was for a kit which came with 6 colors. I've ordered other Flower Soft since then and really like the effect it creates. On your Wink od Stella I think you have a "marker". A friend explained the difference before I ordered so I bought the "pens" which allow you to write or use as a brush. Haven't used them yet however the others in my scrapbook group really like the pens.

Edited by user Monday, September 01, 2014 9:50:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Miss Whimsy aka Carol Klink for this useful post.
Merrie Jones on 9/1/2014(UTC)
Merrie Jones Offline
#203 Posted : Monday, September 01, 2014 10:10:25 AM(UTC)
Merrie Jones

Was thanked: 934 time(s) in 347 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CarolKlink Go to Quoted Post
Hi Merrie,

THANK YOU so much for responding! Please try your Flower Soft and if you don't mind let me know what you think. My 1st order was for a kit which came with 6 colors. I've ordered other Flower Soft since then and really like the effect it creates. On your Wink od Stella I think you have a "marker". A friend explained the difference before I ordered so I bought the "pens" which allow you to write or use as a brush. Haven't used them yet however the others in my scrapbook group really like the pens.

Yep- I will definitely double check when I order them. I want the brush tip this time. I called mine a pen because it has a 'pen nib'- it could be a markerLOL. Something else I like are Sakura GellyRoll Stardust pens. You can get them at J's with a coupon. They also are pens and flow really good (better than my Wink of Stella pen). Smile Merrie

PS I will let you know when I try the flower soft.

Edited by user Monday, September 01, 2014 10:11:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

iammrshinton Offline
#204 Posted : Monday, September 01, 2014 4:38:26 PM(UTC)
iammrshinton

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 52 post(s)
Hi Carol! I did see your post, but have never used Flower Soft... however, I did just see a Scrapbooking Made Simple youtube video by Stacey Park using Flower Soft. Maybe that will help?
yenpeso Offline
#205 Posted : Monday, September 01, 2014 7:50:20 PM(UTC)
yenpeso

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 37 post(s)
You have all made me very envious because I couldn't do the August swap and won't be getting any of the gorgeous cards you have posted. Oh, well, I have already started to lay out my September card in Cricut craft room so I won't miss next month! My problem here at the "home" is the WiFi connection is not very stable and I often get kicked out of internet due to a connection failure.

Keep your creative juices flowing.
JudyLove
 1 user thanked yenpeso for this useful post.
CricutCrazy on 9/3/2014(UTC)
#206 Posted : Monday, September 01, 2014 9:45:52 PM(UTC)

United States

BethAnne,

Thanks for the input on Flower Soft and YouTube. I've been using this product for @ least 3 yrs. And really like it. I just wondered if anyone else had any emergence with it. I would highly recommend it.
CricutCrazy Offline
#207 Posted : Wednesday, September 03, 2014 5:41:22 AM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Hello Everyone !
I received an EXPRESS mail pkg. yesterday with Patti's lovely "bushel & peck" cards..they are too cute !
I had to laugh out loud when I saw the envelope marked EXTREMELY URGENT (knowing what was inside) This will go down in Patti's history book as the most expensive cards she ever made ! LOL Love thanks to her DH...Wub You just gotta LOVE a man who will send an EXPRESS mail package for you filled with paper happiness !! Wink Woot

Carol - I have used FLower Soft some....mostly to make SNOW on winter cards. I love how you can make the piles of soft-looking snow as opposed to just using glitter or that paste stuff (cant think of the name) .
I would like to get some more to try on some flowers...it looks to me like it is made out of crushed up dryer lint ! ha ha Tongue

I am working real hard these days on opening my own online craft store... using GoDaddy to build it. It is really a lot of work...but if I can manage it, I can sell things really cheap since I wont have to give away so much money to the ETSY people or EBAY for fees. It will be called Barb's Handiworks.

Hope you all have a great day ! I have a yellow notice from the PO to pick up mail this morning so it must be a bunch more CARDS !! YIPPPEE !! ThumpUp Woot
 1 user thanked CricutCrazy for this useful post.
LoriSjogren on 9/3/2014(UTC)
LoriSjogren Offline
#208 Posted : Wednesday, September 03, 2014 2:15:22 PM(UTC)
LoriSjogren

United States

Was thanked: 2630 time(s) in 1556 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricutCrazy Go to Quoted Post
Hello Everyone !
I received an EXPRESS mail pkg. yesterday with Patti's lovely "bushel & peck" cards..they are too cute !
I had to laugh out loud when I saw the envelope marked EXTREMELY URGENT (knowing what was inside) This will go down in Patti's history book as the most expensive cards she ever made ! LOL Love thanks to her DH...Wub You just gotta LOVE a man who will send an EXPRESS mail package for you filled with paper happiness !! Wink Woot

Carol - I have used FLower Soft some....mostly to make SNOW on winter cards. I love how you can make the piles of soft-looking snow as opposed to just using glitter or that paste stuff (cant think of the name) .
I would like to get some more to try on some flowers...it looks to me like it is made out of crushed up dryer lint ! ha ha Tongue

I am working real hard these days on opening my own online craft store... using GoDaddy to build it. It is really a lot of work...but if I can manage it, I can sell things really cheap since I wont have to give away so much money to the ETSY people or EBAY for fees. It will be called Barb's Handiworks.

Hope you all have a great day ! I have a yellow notice from the PO to pick up mail this morning so it must be a bunch more CARDS !! YIPPPEE !! ThumpUp Woot

Oh, my goodness! I wish you lots of good luck!

I am getting worried because you haven't received my cards, yet...Sad
EvelynRobinson2 Offline
#209 Posted : Wednesday, September 03, 2014 4:30:55 PM(UTC)
EvelynRobinson2

Was thanked: 140 time(s) in 131 post(s)
I really love all the cards so far. Everyone has done such a great job. I have always loved this swap. It is fun and really gives you so many cool ideas and we learn a lot of new techniques. Thanks Barb, for hosting.

Evelyn
CricutCrazy Offline
#210 Posted : Wednesday, September 03, 2014 6:51:28 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Hi Everyone ~

I have to write quick tonight, as I am super duper fatigued and my Fibro is kicking up ...I need to get to bed early so I can work tomorrow...

LORI - Your cards arrived today - The stamps you put on the envelope never got cancelled. Perhaps this has something to do with it taking longer than usual to arrive...I have no idea - but at least they got here.

I also got lovely cards from CATITA, BETHANN, and CAROL. I will try to get pictures up tomorrow for you all to see of the ones that may not have already been pictured.

CAROL - Your application of FLower Soft was nicely done. I did check each one, as the first one was a bit stuck together, but the others were okay....maybe a little glue did not dry. Pretty cards ..

All the cards are so nice this month...I am a super happy hostess !! Love BigGrin Woot Wub You ladies really rock !

See you tomorrow !! Nighty Night for me !Sleep
 1 user thanked CricutCrazy for this useful post.
LoriSjogren on 9/4/2014(UTC)