Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

AprilJ Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, July 18, 2014 10:42:32 AM(UTC)
AprilJ

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I have an explore and I saw an ad in my local classifieds for an imagine for $75. Should I get it so I can print off my own paper or is it just a piece of junk? Thanks
Kiethann Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, July 18, 2014 10:51:05 AM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States
Location: master questionair page 16 post 465 new MQ page 1 post 6

Was thanked: 744 time(s) in 567 post(s)
Some have had real good luck with their Imagines. I, for one, used it twice and then realized it would not print out the printed papers or let me use any of the cartridges. I was told I would have to do an update. Sadly, I did not have very good internet service but an expensive anti virus program. everytime I tried to install the gypsy sync download, my anti virus would not allow me to use it to update either my Imagine or Gypsy. have not tried with this new computer yet. Just to let you know, both Imagine and Gypsy are no longer supported by Provocrat so there will be no future updates. I think you can still do the older updates however.

If you would decide to purchase the Imagine, I would ask the seller to let you watch how the machine works. You should be able to use regular cartridges and any of the Imagine cartridges together. by this I mean, be able to select an image or letter from the regular cartrige and select a printed pattern from the Imagine cartridge. Also have the person print you out a sheet of printed paper.

I think also you need to check and see if any Imagine cartridges are linked to her account. If so, you would only be able to use the Imagine as a stand alone machine. If I am incorrect, I am sure someone else will chime in here.
OhhhSnap Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 05, 2014 8:47:32 AM(UTC)
OhhhSnap

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Korea, Republic Of

Was thanked: 1511 time(s) in 911 post(s)
You'll either have a very good deal, or not such a good buy. The imagine is a bit temperamental in that once you set it up the way you like it, you don't want to move it (or you have to reset it again). It's not difficult nor is it a big amount of time, but I'd rather put that time, paper and ink to work crafting so mine is rooted to one spot lol.

One thing to keep in mind is that you'll need cartridges for it to work at this time. So just adding a yes to everything the previous post has lol.

They are sort of hidden, but digital images of all the Imagine carts I've looked for are for sale at Cricut.com and can be used with Cricut Craft Room. I'm a Gypsy person so CCR and I usally have a little battle before it gets straightened out.

I made this logo by printing the text on the first layer then printing (Art Nouveau font 2 filled with color) and cutting the shield (welded out of two Fontopia crests.

Two cards I made recently altering images I printed and cut with Imagine carts (Hey Diddle Diddle and Imagine More Cards carts). One of my favorite things about the Imagine Images is being able to break out the pieces (like the cows). So there is a lot of fun to be had : D.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 05, 2014 9:31:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

OhhhSnap attached the following image(s):
P1000347(3).JPG
P1000352(1).JPG
P1000350(1).JPG
OhhhSnap Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 05, 2014 9:52:49 AM(UTC)
OhhhSnap

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Korea, Republic Of

Was thanked: 1511 time(s) in 911 post(s)
I forgot to write about one of my favorite reasons to loving the image, printing paper (12 x 12) from the many patterns available. I also use it to turn single sided purchased paper into double sided.
PaperCraft65 Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 05, 2014 10:43:58 AM(UTC)
PaperCraft65

Was thanked: 172 time(s) in 104 post(s)
I would hold out for the Print & Cut function to be activated for your Explore. I am assuming you already have Imagine cartridges that you want to print the digital paper off of?

You could also use your own printer now, (even without the print & cut feature active yet) to print digital papers. There are tons of free papers available, and even more for low cost on websites like Etsy.

I print my own papers all the time with my wide format Canon printer. You could also just do 8.5x11 with a regular printer, if that is all you have.

You do not need any special software to do it.

I would invest in a wide format printer LONG BEFORE I would purchase an Imagine -which has such a limited capability and rotten track record.
PaperCraft65 Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 05, 2014 11:06:19 AM(UTC)
PaperCraft65

Was thanked: 172 time(s) in 104 post(s)
Here is a link to a wide format Canon Pixma (I have an older model of this printer - it is excellent!) It is only $149 and has so much more functionality than the Imagine.

Amazon - Pixma Printer Wide Format

I would invest my money in this long before the Imagine. If you had the Imagine - you could not use is as the printer for your Explore projects.

Loads of free scrapbook paper!