Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

10 Pages<1234>»
CricutCrazy Offline
#31 Posted : Tuesday, July 29, 2014 10:42:14 AM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 1089 time(s) in 799 post(s)
Originally Posted by: golfingrams986a1173 Go to Quoted Post
Barb, what size are the comp books, I've never paid attention to that. On the mini books cartridge in the subscription there is only one page "basic". Maybe I have the wrong one.

Oh yah where is KM, I haven't seen her in awhile. KM are you okay, I sure hope so. Lori - Kazalah hasn't been on either for 2 days,, that is unusual. Hope your okay also.

Hugs - Patti

THe books I have are 3 3/4" x 4 1/2" . I think some people are away on vacations. Love
iammrshinton Offline
#32 Posted : Tuesday, July 29, 2014 1:18:49 PM(UTC)
iammrshinton

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 79 time(s) in 65 post(s)
Alright, alright, stop twisting my arm! LOL Im in! I've never made one but am willing to try my best. I just made an envelope mini album this week for the first time (loved it! so sad im giving it away!), so its time to try somehting new!

BethAnn

Edited by user Tuesday, July 29, 2014 1:19:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users thanked iammrshinton for this useful post.
CricutCrazy on 7/29/2014(UTC), CricutNat* on 7/29/2014(UTC)
CricutCrazy Offline
#33 Posted : Tuesday, July 29, 2014 1:47:59 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Originally Posted by: iammrshinton Go to Quoted Post
Alright, alright, stop twisting my arm! LOL Im in! I've never made one but am willing to try my best. I just made an envelope mini album this week for the first time (loved it! so sad im giving it away!), so its time to try somehting new!

BethAnn

Welcome aboard BethAnn !! Theres a first time for everything ! BigGrin
 1 user thanked CricutCrazy for this useful post.
iammrshinton on 7/31/2014(UTC)
golfingrams Online
#34 Posted : Tuesday, July 29, 2014 2:40:20 PM(UTC)
golfingrams

Was thanked: 508 time(s) in 443 post(s)
I want that lol, it's so awesome. My son bought me the Ole SW cartridge. Part of my house is SW, I love Arizona and mom has a beautiful place she lives 7 months out of the year. What are the pots on those pages.

I am going to play with it this evening. Just don't know size.

Hugs Patti
 1 user thanked golfingrams for this useful post.
CricutCrazy on 7/29/2014(UTC)
EvelynRobinson2 Offline
#35 Posted : Tuesday, July 29, 2014 2:55:00 PM(UTC)
EvelynRobinson2

Was thanked: 158 time(s) in 141 post(s)
I think this swap will be fun. I found some mini comp albums at the dollar store last summer that were very small and now I can't find them. Hope we can find the right size.

The exploding box is going to be so much fun to make. Can't wait to get my partner so I know what theme to do. This is really great going back to Cricut cutting again. It's been very inspiring to get me to use my other carts again. I've been thinking about getting an Explore but just can't justify another machine. I finally had to give away my Imagine because I couldn't sell it.

Evelyn Robinson
 1 user thanked EvelynRobinson2 for this useful post.
CricutCrazy on 7/29/2014(UTC)
CricutCrazy Offline
#36 Posted : Tuesday, July 29, 2014 2:59:40 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

If you cant find any locally...Here is a link to the composition books in my shop - BigGrin

https://www.etsy.com/lis...ion-books-paper-crafting

Kiethann Offline
#37 Posted : Tuesday, July 29, 2014 3:37:27 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States
Location: master questionair page 16 post 465 new MQ page 1 post 6

Was thanked: 773 time(s) in 590 post(s)
Just "cracked" open my Mini Book project cartridge. The size you have to set the Expression is at 3 1/2 inches for the Exploding box. Of course, I first set the size at 11 3/4, but that did not work, kept decreasing size until got down to 3 1/2 inches. Now, I wonder if you keep the size at 3 1/2 to cut the inside layers? Well will play with it and see what works.

Ok, question answered. Yes keep the size at 3 1/2 for all of the pieces. One note: Since the lid is one piece, you can use the printed cardstock you want the lid to be. No need to add additional paper on the sides and tops of the lid. Be sure if the cardstock is printed on both sides to put the side you want the lid to be facing down. If the cardstock is only printed on one side, be sure and put the printed side down on the mat.

For the outside of the box you could also use double sided cardstock to cut it. For the rest of the layers you can either cut out the printed card stock you want each layer to be, or you can use plain cardstock and cut out sections to fit each of the folded out parts. I will post pic of the box once I get it assembled. Nothing fancy, just a trial box to see about the size.

Hope this helps those, who like me, have not used their Cricut to cut out the layers of the exploding box.

My thoughts after doing a mock-up exploding box. First I tried scoring the rounded part on the base, but the hatch marks are very tiny and my score was not true. I have a problem with depth perception and double vision) On the next one I scored end to end all around the base and then pinched the rounded parts to where the scores meet. The bottom closed so much nicer. The last picture shows how to score the base....the solid lines are where I just pinched the rounded ends to make the box.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 29, 2014 6:16:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: added more instructions. one more picture

Kiethann attached the following image(s):
open exploding box.jpg
exploding box closed.jpg
score marks for the exploding box.jpg
 5 users thanked Kiethann for this useful post.
EvelynRobinson2 on 7/30/2014(UTC), CricutCrazy on 7/30/2014(UTC), Sumrbrez on 7/30/2014(UTC), iammrshinton on 7/31/2014(UTC), CricutNat* on 7/31/2014(UTC)
golfingrams Online
#38 Posted : Tuesday, July 29, 2014 9:59:36 PM(UTC)
golfingrams

Thank you Kiethann, lost my post. Computer ate it like it did earlier today. They aren't very big are they. Guess that is why they say mini. Thanks for your help.

Off to bed, surgery in morning. Yay

Hugs Patti

Oh Lori got food poisoning so hasn't been on boards. (Kazalah)
 2 users thanked golfingrams for this useful post.
CricutCrazy on 7/30/2014(UTC), CricutNat* on 7/31/2014(UTC)
EvelynRobinson2 Offline
#39 Posted : Wednesday, July 30, 2014 5:34:13 AM(UTC)
EvelynRobinson2

Was thanked: 158 time(s) in 141 post(s)
Keithann -- thanks for your help and input on what to expect with our projects. I am one who gets a little nervous with new things but you took some of the "jitters" away. LOL. Looking forward to getting started now. Nothing like today to get started. Going to give it a try and see what happens.

Evelyn
 1 user thanked EvelynRobinson2 for this useful post.
CricutCrazy on 7/30/2014(UTC)
Kiethann Offline
#40 Posted : Wednesday, July 30, 2014 5:39:01 AM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Golfingrams, good luck with your eye surgery.

Lori, sorry to hear about your food poisoning. Hope you are doing a little better.

Has anyone noticed the new feature at the bottom of our posts. You now can click on tag as my favorite. It is to the right of post reply and new topic.

Evelyn glad to help you with the jitters! I have felt that way about starting any new project and just thought my input would alleviate some of the fears and jitters of starting a new project. Some of the handbooks are so lacking in instructions and I had time yesterday to "experiment" with the cartridge.

OOPS! I noticed in my picture of where the score lines that I forgot to mark with marker two sets of the score lines. sorry. When you get through scoring you will have a square dead center on the base.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 30, 2014 5:44:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: finished comment

1 user thanked Kiethann for this useful post.
CricutCrazy Offline
#41 Posted : Wednesday, July 30, 2014 10:14:43 AM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

To everyone out there facing surgeries, may God bless and keep you...It seems like there is a sudden flood of people from the MB going to hospitals lately Crying I truly feel bad for you all.... Prayers for strength and recovery !! Love

Evelyn, you always do AMAZING work and you will be fine...no worries my dear !! Love

Kiethann, you are amazing !! I should step down and let you run the swap ! Love
Thanks for posting all of that. I just don't have enough time it seems.

Here is a link to a great tutorial with lots of detailed instructions on how to make your own EXPLODING box mini album... It is a lady on Etsy who also has a great blog and YouTube videos. She gives loads of details for those who do not want to use the cartridge.
It does cost $8.50 but that is cheaper than the cartridge if you are only going to use this one pattern.

https://www.etsy.com/lis...with-video?ref=related-6

HINT : If you use 12x24" paper in your Cricut, you can make your album bigger. I am not sure how much bigger as I need to play with it some more to find out. Will let you all know.

SIGN UPS END TOMORROW NIGHT AT MIDNIGHT AND BY FRIDAY I WANT YOU ALL TO HAVE POSTED YOUR THEME CHOICES... for example, you may prefer a Christmas Box (in which case, specify if you want a Santa Claus type box, or Nativity, or Angels...etc.) Or maybe a Baby Box (girl or boy) ?

Give your partner 2 choices, and then give her some guidance on colors too.... She may then choose between those 2 and she can disclose which one she is doing, or keep it as a surprise !

Big Hugs to All !!

Hope we get a couple more members !!
 2 users thanked CricutCrazy for this useful post.
iammrshinton on 7/31/2014(UTC), CricutNat* on 7/31/2014(UTC)
Sumrbrez Online
#42 Posted : Wednesday, July 30, 2014 10:26:39 AM(UTC)
Sumrbrez

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 280 time(s) in 260 post(s)
My choices:

Beach (of course)
Christmas
Surprise me, but not real girly

Can't wait to get started. Have the box laid out in my Gypsy and also am watching a tutorial on how to make one with pockets from scratch. (Not sure I can get that done though)

Good luck with your surgery Golfingrams!!

Sorry to hear about your food poisoning Lori. Feel better soon.

Prayers for my Papa and our family. He starts rounds of treatment at MD Anderson next week. He will be there for almost 6 weeks.
 1 user thanked Sumrbrez for this useful post.
CricutCrazy Offline
#43 Posted : Wednesday, July 30, 2014 10:35:15 AM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Another hint : On something like this it is best to use Double-Sided cardstock. Please use something of good quality that is not too flimsy. Or, you can also use a solid color and then add pretty printed side panels that you cut out on your own if need be. The box needs to be sturdy. You may also use chipboard for your main outer box housing ThumpUp and then cover it with pretty papers. Be sure your album is something that you would want to use yourself. Make it useful and also pretty.
IMPORTANT : Please don't crowd so many embellishments on there that it is impossible for someone to mount a picture inside. While I LOVE to get albums with pretty covers on them, I also have received many that are SO HEAVILY EMBELLISHED, that they are really not any good as a photo album or memory box.

1 user thanked CricutCrazy for this useful post.
Sumrbrez on 8/11/2014(UTC)
golfingrams Online
#44 Posted : Wednesday, July 30, 2014 5:45:16 PM(UTC)
golfingrams

Thank you all who gave me notes re: my surgery. It went very well and will be anxious about how vision is in morning. I can see better tonight but eye is still dilated. Was really sleepy so had to take a nap. Have post-op check tomorrow, can't wait to see what vision is.

Okay my theme choices:

Butterflies
Christmas - Angels/snowflakes
Or just surprise me

Hugs Patti

Edited by user Thursday, July 31, 2014 12:53:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Added words I forgot

golfingrams Online
#45 Posted : Wednesday, July 30, 2014 6:41:16 PM(UTC)
golfingrams

Okay hope someone can answer this quick - your probably all in bed, it's still early here. If you cut the main box at 3" what do you cut the others at and how. I have not cut a lot of layers so do you group then put in 3" and it will size them all to correct size..Thanks
Hugs - Patti
Kiethann Offline
#46 Posted : Wednesday, July 30, 2014 6:55:09 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Cut the layers all at the same size. Just FYI. I found the composition books at Dollar Tree. Come three in a package. Found them in regular office supply area...not in the school supply area. Also found some really pretty butterfly 3D stickers while there.

On most of the keypad overlays the steps of the item go from left to right, however with the Mini Books Cartridge. you go down the key pad. top to bottom in a vertical row. Be sure and start with the base and then cut the other layers out. Hope this helps.

Actually, 3 1/2 inches is not a bad size for the exploding box.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 30, 2014 6:58:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: more comments

1 user thanked Kiethann for this useful post.
CricutCrazy Offline
#47 Posted : Wednesday, July 30, 2014 6:58:04 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Originally Posted by: golfingrams986a1173 Go to Quoted Post
Okay hope someone can answer this quick - your probably all in bed, it's still early here. If you cut the main box at 3" what do you cut the others at and how. I have not cut a lot of layers so do you group then put in 3" and it will size them all to correct size..Thanks
Hugs - Patti

Hi Patti - It is best to set your machine to cut the box at 3 1/2" or larger ...not 3" (too tiny)
You cut everything on the same size setting . Do not use the "REAL SIZE " dial. Each piece should fit properly if you cut them all on the same setting, just as with any Cricut cartridge where you have an image and then you want a "shadow" or other pieces to it. Set the machine on one size and let 'er rip !!LOL

golfingrams Online
#48 Posted : Wednesday, July 30, 2014 7:33:24 PM(UTC)
golfingrams

Thanks ladies, boy one of these days I'll learn and know what I'm doing. Off to let it rip. Hugs Patti
golfingrams Online
#49 Posted : Wednesday, July 30, 2014 7:37:48 PM(UTC)
golfingrams

Oh just for info I don't use my keypad thing on my machine, I use CCR and their sizing. Patti
Kiethann Offline
#50 Posted : Thursday, July 31, 2014 6:18:19 AM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

My two choices are

HUMMINGBIRDS
Victorian

Sumrbrez Online
#51 Posted : Thursday, July 31, 2014 9:47:59 AM(UTC)
Sumrbrez

United States

Angry Angry I tried to lay out some decorative cuts on CCR and the size seems to have a mind of its own. I set it at 3" down at the bottom and the item is about 6". What is wrong? It never did that before. Help please
JeanP Offline
#52 Posted : Thursday, July 31, 2014 10:03:22 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 994 time(s) in 801 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Kiethann Go to Quoted Post
Golfingrams, good luck with your eye surgery.

Lori, sorry to hear about your food poisoning. Hope you are doing a little better.

Has anyone noticed the new feature at the bottom of our posts. You now can click on tag as my favorite. It is to the right of post reply and new topic.

Evelyn glad to help you with the jitters! I have felt that way about starting any new project and just thought my input would alleviate some of the fears and jitters of starting a new project. Some of the handbooks are so lacking in instructions and I had time yesterday to "experiment" with the cartridge.

OOPS! I noticed in my picture of where the score lines that I forgot to mark with marker two sets of the score lines. sorry. When you get through scoring you will have a square dead center on the base.

I won't be able to join this swap but thanks Keithann for the info on the box. I may try one on my own. Don't have the cartridge so it will have to be free hand using a 12X12 sheet and my scor board.BigGrin

BYW, the Tag as Favorite has been there forever.BigGrin You must not have noticed it. I use it all the time to be able to just go to the posts I am involved in.
golfingrams Online
#53 Posted : Thursday, July 31, 2014 12:59:14 PM(UTC)
golfingrams

Hi Jean, will miss you on this swap. Thanks for info on favorites, I didn't know either. Hugs Patti
CricutNat* Offline
#54 Posted : Thursday, July 31, 2014 7:29:25 PM(UTC)
CricutNat*

Was thanked: 165 time(s) in 142 post(s)
Hello all -
Patti - sounds like your surgery went well - can't wait to hear about your vision

Requests for the exploding box -
I have 3 daughters a soccer player, a dancer and a toddler
We love Halloween and Christmas
I prefer prints/collections from Echo Park, Carta Bella, Imaginesce, DoodleBug, Bella Blvd
I would love an exploding box in any of those themes - check your stock, check your stash and see what you have! A beautiful, handmade with love project is priceless!

Thanks,
CricutNat
Catita Offline
#55 Posted : Thursday, July 31, 2014 7:49:24 PM(UTC)
Catita

Was thanked: 222 time(s) in 164 post(s)
Hi All,

I'm so excited for this swap!

My theme choices in no particular order are:

-Birds (I collect birds...pelicans, peacocks, flamingos, roosters, chickens, ducks, cutesy cartoonish birds, beautiful artistic birds and even unloved ugly birds. If you ask my husband, they're all ugly. ha ha)
-Tropical/Beach/Ocean
-Monkeys (my classroom theme)

I love bright, bold colors although the beach/ocean theme might look nice with more muted, toned down colors.

No preferences, really. I'm happy to receive whatever my partner, the artist, makes.
granny2a_6pack Offline
#56 Posted : Thursday, July 31, 2014 9:31:41 PM(UTC)
granny2a_6pack

Location: West Virginia - - MQ pg 17 # 492 update MQ pg 1 #18

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 22 post(s)
I just got my cricut, and I would like to join this swap.
My name is Shelby aka granny6pack @ the PC hug club for those
of you who remember them. BigGrin
What else do I need to do?
golfingrams Online
#57 Posted : Thursday, July 31, 2014 10:23:46 PM(UTC)
golfingrams

WELCOME granny6pack and others - think BethAnn. Hope I didn't forget any new people. You will need the Mini books cartridge and a small composition book. Barb will give us each a partner then you make the items as to your partners theme. You pick which one. Hope this helps.

I joined PC hug club years and years ago. I tried to get on last winter or more a year ago and couldn't and said they weren't taking anyone. So since I stamp/ and do Cricut craft now joined Peachy Keene for monthly stamps. Oh my so cute. Doing cute faces on Christmas balls from one of the cartridges.

Barb - Kiethann - I sized each piece at 3.5 - cut it all out. It's pretty tiny. I sized using top sizing thing. Tonight I typed in 3.5 down below on relative/real size. Relative it came in bigger 6.?? Real came in at 3.?? and 3.5. So what am I doing wrong. Are they supposed to be tiny tiny like this. lol. . Thanks Ladies

Post-op check was excellent. It's so nice to see. No longer blind in my really bad eye. Going shopping tomorrow and going to try golfing on Sunday with mom and brothers. We will see if hip and my balance will let me.

Sorry so gabby. Hugs Patti

Edited by user Thursday, July 31, 2014 10:29:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Had to add

1 user thanked golfingrams for this useful post.
CricutCrazy on 8/2/2014(UTC)
Kiethann Offline
#58 Posted : Friday, August 01, 2014 6:36:45 AM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Originally Posted by: CricutCrazy Go to Quoted Post
To everyone out there facing surgeries, may God bless and keep you...It seems like there is a sudden flood of people from the MB going to hospitals lately Crying I truly feel bad for you all.... Prayers for strength and recovery !! Love

Evelyn, you always do AMAZING work and you will be fine...no worries my dear !! Love

Kiethann, you are amazing !! I should step down and let you run the swap ! Love
Thanks for posting all of that. I just don't have enough time it seems.

Here is a link to a great tutorial with lots of detailed instructions on how to make your own EXPLODING box mini album... It is a lady on Etsy who also has a great blog and YouTube videos. She gives loads of details for those who do not want to use the cartridge.
It does cost $8.50 but that is cheaper than the cartridge if you are only going to use this one pattern.

https://www.etsy.com/lis...with-video?ref=related-6

HINT : If you use 12x24" paper in your Cricut, you can make your album bigger. I am not sure how much bigger as I need to play with it some more to find out. Will let you all know.

SIGN UPS END TOMORROW NIGHT AT MIDNIGHT AND BY FRIDAY I WANT YOU ALL TO HAVE POSTED YOUR THEME CHOICES... for example, you may prefer a Christmas Box (in which case, specify if you want a Santa Claus type box, or Nativity, or Angels...etc.) Or maybe a Baby Box (girl or boy) ?

Give your partner 2 choices, and then give her some guidance on colors too.... She may then choose between those 2 and she can disclose which one she is doing, or keep it as a surprise !

Big Hugs to All !!

Hope we get a couple more members !!

Cricutcrazy (Barb) there is no way I could replace you as hostess. LOL you are the hostess with the mostess.

Kiethann Offline
#59 Posted : Friday, August 01, 2014 6:39:16 AM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Originally Posted by: JeanP Go to Quoted Post
I won't be able to join this swap but thanks Keithann for the info on the box. I may try one on my own. Don't have the cartridge so it will have to be free hand using a 12X12 sheet and my scor board.BigGrin

BYW, the Tag as Favorite has been there forever.BigGrin You must not have noticed it. I use it all the time to be able to just go to the posts I am involved in.

Will miss you, but understand. Hey if you get stumped, you can send me a PM. I have done a few without the cartridge and kept the instructions.

If there is anyone of you who do not have the cartridge and do not want to do one free hand, I would love to cut out the pieces for you. I would do solid cardstock only, so would need to know what colors you want. All you have to do is post here and send me a PM with your name and your mailing addy. thanks.

Edited by user Friday, August 01, 2014 6:45:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: new sentence

3 users thanked Kiethann for this useful post.
JeanP on 8/1/2014(UTC), Sumrbrez on 8/1/2014(UTC), iammrshinton on 8/1/2014(UTC)
Sumrbrez Online
#60 Posted : Friday, August 01, 2014 10:37:08 AM(UTC)
Sumrbrez

United States

Drool Love

It's F R I D A Y!!!!! It's the 1st!!!! PARTNERS assigned today??????

Woot Woot

Can't wait to see who my new swap victim .......... ummmmmm partner is. LOL LOL

Thanks for hosting Barb!

Edited by user Friday, August 01, 2014 10:41:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Sumrbrez for this useful post.
CricutNat* on 8/1/2014(UTC)