Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

16 Pages123>»
ScrappinGwen Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 03, 2014 7:19:39 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 809 time(s) in 636 post(s)
WEEKLY CHECK INS WILL BE BY SUNDAYS PLEASE. I'LL BE CHECKING THE LIST ON MONDAYS, SO PLEASE REMEMBER TO CHECK IN OVER THE WEEKENDS. I DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO REPORT YOU TO THE EVIL PUMPKIN OR SANTA CLAUS EITHER!

So I stopped at ACMoore yesterday (August 2) to spend my $10 rewards certificate and lo and behold Halloween decorations were overflowing in every aisle!

So guess it's that time of year already to start thinking about swaps for the second half of this year!

Halloween Treats for my Partner!

Last day to mail: Monday, October 11, 2014

Partners will be Secret Sisters! Shhhh!! See if you can manage to scare the BOO! right out of your SS!

List of Swappers:

BeetleBugMart rcvd from golfingrams, pics posted
KaliCarpenter rcvd from PaulaM
Scrappingwen rcvd from BeetleBugMart, pics posted
Scrapypiggy rcvd from CrazyBarb, pics posted
PaulaM rcvd from Kali, pics posted
Catita rcvd from planlady19, pics posted
CricutCrazy rcvd from scrappinbeck, pics posted
Caffinee rcvd from scrappingwen, pics posted
JeanP rcvd from Scrapypiggy pics posted
cricutnat rcvd from Catita, pics posted
kiethann rcvd from Bklynborn, pics posted
rhondah* rcvd from COB, pics posted
scrappinbeck rcvd from Caffinee, pics posted
MOgoggingirl rcvd from CricutNat, pics posted
bklynborn rcvd from MOgoggingirl
golfinggrams986a1173 rcvd from cricutcutie, pics posted
CraftyOldBat rcvd from LoriSjogren, pics posted
planlady19 rcvd from Rhonda*, pics posted
LoriSjogren rcvd from JeanP, pics posted
CricutCutie rcvd from kiethann

You will fill 6 trick-or-treat baggies with goodies and mail (all in one mailing) to your SS using your choice of 6 words or phrases from the list below. Your choices do NOT have to all be Halloween themed. For example, sending some black lace instead of a black Halloween cat is allowed.

You may craft small projects, buy inexpensive items, or share diecuts, stamped images, or other supplies from your stash that you know your SS will find useful in future crafting.

Your goal is to mail a fun little Halloween swap box of treats to your partner for her to enjoy. She may enjoy receiving some Halloween themed items for immediate use to make cards or treats for her family members or she may be just as happy to receive some every-day products or items or small craft embellishments for her future crafting experiences.

This swap is all about TREATING your partner. It’s not meant to be all that time consuming, stressful or expensive – just fun!

And yes, if you need to wrap some of your goodies as they won’t fit properly in a trick-or-treat baggie, that is just fine. Just use common sense. There are different sizes of bags, so shop around to see what might work best for your ideas. Or wrap each craft in orange or black or purple tissue paper for protection during transit in the mail.

I'm envisioning a smaller sized box for this swap. Bigger then the $5 priority box, but smaller then the $10 priority box. Really just depends on the shape of a home made project you might choose to create for your partner.

Anyone is welcome to join except Flakers, of course! This would be a great little swap to join if you are newer to swapping and looking forward to gaining some partner experience before the Christmas Swaps soon start up.

Check-ins will be weekly and please mark your calendars or set your iphone reminders to check in weekly so I don't waste precious time chasing you down. NO SILLY EXCUSES ALLOWED, I do not have the time of day for such nonsense and will call you out in public. So I strongly suggest you check in regularly and do not wait until the last day to work on this swap. As stated, this is to be a stress free and fun swap - don't ruin that concept for the rest of us.

Please also make sure I have your mailing address as well as an alternative way to contact you should you not be able to get logged onto this MB and go MIA for several days and have us worrying about you. It's so easy when I can text you for a quick response.

Also, please get a delivery confirmation number (tracking number/label number) when you mail out your pkg. It is free if you mail priority and around 80 cents to get when mailing via regular mail. And mailing priority is not necessary as long as you mail by the due date.

You must be able to post pictures of what you have received from your SS. A proper thank you is required.

The following Rules should be well known by experienced swappers, but here they are as a friendly reminder to all:

1. If you have flaked in a swap, please do not ask to join us. Absolutely no one wants to worry or stress over the possibility that they will be flaked on.

1A. If you need to be removed from the swap due to an unforseen emergency, then please notify me ASAP so that an angel can be found. Should you ask to be removed after Sept. 30, you will be added to the flaker list as you should have this swap under control a week before the DD approaches.

2. By signing up, you have agreed to participate; follow the rules; and follow the directives. You are acknowledging that you are a responsible adult and I expect you to act accordingly. And forget about using any silly excuses on me.

3. Checking in every week is REQUIRED. I get busy too and just ask you to stop by and say hello and answer questions that may be asked throughout the week. Of course, we all know that daily chitchat makes for a much more fun swap! A little teasing and fun back and forth banter goes a long ways here! Plus it just may help your partner to know you better and come up with some pretty neat ideas to make you! If you want an awesome partner with an awesome box being sent out you have to chat and answer questions and have a very informative MQ filled out. Common sense, right?

3A. If you have not checked in within a 12 day time period, I will try contacting you thru your other email or text number. I will give you about 2 days to respond. If I have reason to believe you are not completing the swap, then I will have no choice but to remove you and find a replacement swapper. This may seem harsh but part of my duty as hostess is to take care of my swappers and make sure they get what they signed up for.

So if you know you are going to be away, please just let me know so I don’t think you've disappeared.

Please realize that no hostess is ever trying to be mean, or show lack of understanding or sympathy. It is absolutely no fun to have to put on the hostess hat and list someone as a flaker. But it's our duty to insure everyone receives a timely swap box. This eliminates stress for all of us.

4. Your MQ coordinates must be listed under your avatar. (Please make sure your MQ is updated)

5. MAIL ON TIME! All swap boxes must be mailed by Saturday, October 11th. If you find yourself done ahead of schedule, you can start mailing anytime from September 20th, on.

6. Please PM, or email me, or text me the DC# once mailed.

7. Once you receive your items, please acknowledge receipt and post pictures in a timely manner.

8. Part of the fun of being a hostess (for me) is matching up partners. If you’ve been partnered with someone plenty of times this past year, then please let me know ahead of time so that I can match you up with a new experience!

9. Please PM me your mailing address as well as an alternative way to contact you – ie: email addy or cell phone number. Thanks!

10. Please remember that communication is key in swaps and really helps your hostess to do a better job and be less stressful.

11. Just remember that we all want to receive quality work as well as receive everything instructed to be made in this swap. Please do not think it is okay to send only 4 items when 6 directives were given out. And please remember that if you yourself would not be happy to receive what you have just made, then please don’t send it on to your partner. There are so many helpful people on this Message Board and in this swap forum who will gladly offer ideas, suggestions, links, etc. when asked. That is half the fun of swapping – showing each other new ideas, new techniques, new discoveries!

12. Now let's have some fun and have some good ole Halloween fun!

Edited by user Tuesday, October 21, 2014 5:00:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Kiethann Online
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 03, 2014 7:21:31 AM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States
Location: master questionair page 16 post 465 new MQ page 1 post 6

Was thanked: 743 time(s) in 566 post(s)
I want to join please. thanks.
ScrappinGwen Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 03, 2014 7:21:51 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Here are the list of words for you to work from, choosing 6:

NOTE: The SS does not get to dictate which words she will receive. Yes, you are welcome to list the words that interest you, but that does not mean the person making for you will choose all 6 of your requested words. Remember, this is suppose to be a stress-free, fun, easy, cheap swap. That means the person creating may want to choose words that she already has supplies for that fit that word.

Also, for further food for thought....you may have no idea what steampunk is and you may think you hate it...but maybe the person making for you is the best steampunk crafter in the world.....so she's going to send you steampunk for sure! You may faint away when you receive such an awesome project. And to think you never would have received it had she only been able to create for you from the words you chose....

Happy Halloween!
Potions
Mad Scientist!
Pumpkins
Grunge
Steampunk
Black
Orange
Best Witches
Candy, sweets or treats
Masks
Scaredy cat
Boos & hisses
Beary Scary Halloween
Make 3 witches!
No Tricks…Just Treats!!
Spooktacular!
October 31
Spiders & Bats! EEEKKKK!!
Skulls, Skeletons, Bones
Shatter!!
Black Ravens and Owls
Creepy Cemetery
Haunted House
Costumes

Here are some questions for you to answer to help your SS design some great treat ideas just for you!

1. Do you prefer cutesy; gory; childish; vintage; spooky/creepy but not gory; or other style of Halloween?
2. Do you send Halloween cards to family members?
3. Do you have a favorite candy bar?
4. Do you have a favorite Halloween treat or snack?
5. Do you do Halloween layouts?
6. Do you decorate for Halloween?
7. List a few inexpensive crafting items you would love to receive to add to your stash of supplies.
8. Would you find stamped images of Halloween useful? And/or Diecuts?
9. Please try to suggest some non-Halloween small projects/craft items you would enjoy receiving or some techniques you would enjoy to see on a home-made project.
10. Have you been drooling over all the new Tim Holtz products coming out recently for Halloween? Or are you a Tim Holtz fan?

Edited by user Sunday, August 03, 2014 2:48:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked ScrappinGwen for this useful post.
LoriSjogren on 8/4/2014(UTC)
ScrappinGwen Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, August 03, 2014 7:22:55 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Here are my answers to the questions:

1. Do you prefer cutesy; gory; childish; vintage; spooky/creepy but not gory; or other style of Halloween? For myself, spooky/creepy or vintage. But also have use for childish and cutesy

2. Do you send Halloween cards to family members? Yes, grandchildren

3. Do you have a favorite candy bar? PB M&Ms, Reeses Cups, Jr. mints

4. Do you have a favorite Halloween treat or snack? Brach candy corn the kind with chocolate on the bottom Indian Mix, I think. And Harvest Mix with the different shaped candies.

5. Do you do Halloween layouts? Not at this time

6. Do you decorate for Halloween? Not as much now as I used to when my own kids were growing up. But my grandchildren would love anything to decorate their own home or bedroom with, so you can keep them in mind too.

7. List a few inexpensive crafting items you would love to receive to add to your stash of supplies. fat blue tube of zig adhesive glue, glossy accents, seam binding ribbon or wrinkled ribbon, autumn colored half pearls or gold ones, Halloween embellies

8. Would you find stamped images of Halloween useful? And/or Diecuts? Yes to both

9. Please try to suggest some non-Halloween small projects/craft items you would enjoy receiving or some techniques you would enjoy to see on a home-made project. Surprise me but I'm fine with all Halloween items for this swap!

10. Have you been drooling over all the new Tim Holtz products coming out recently for Halloween? Or are you a Tim Holtz fan? Yes and Yes

Edited by user Sunday, August 10, 2014 2:30:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

JeanP Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, August 03, 2014 8:20:37 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 968 time(s) in 780 post(s)
I'm in!!!!! I'll be back to answer the questions later today.

1. Do you prefer cutesy; gory; childish; vintage; spooky/creepy but not gory; or other style of Halloween? Anything buy gory.Pumpkins, witches, ghosts, skeletons etc.

2. Do you send Halloween cards to family members? NO

3. Do you have a favorite candy bar? Only eat 60-70% cocoa dark chocolate

4. Do you have a favorite Halloween treat or snack? Yes, but I gave up all sugar(except for above!!!!!

5. Do you do Halloween layouts? I like to make them but don't use them at all.

6. Do you decorate for Halloween? Not much, just a few things on my windowsill.
7. List a few inexpensive crafting items you would love to receive to add to your stash of supplies. Glue dots, tape runners, Blue Zig pens, pop dots,clear embossing powder, Stazon black ink, Cat's Eye Chestnut roan small ink pads, small stamps with everyday words to use on cards( like the acrylic $1 ones)

8. Would you find stamped images of Halloween useful? And/or Diecuts? any layered diecuts to use on cards but not Halloween

9. Please try to suggest some non-Halloween small projects/craft items you would enjoy receiving or some techniques you would enjoy to see on a home-made project. Surprise me!!

10. Have you been drooling over all the new Tim Holtz products coming out recently for Halloween? Or are you a Tim Holtz fan? LOVE TH and have lots of his products. I like his new Christmas blueprint stamps, the new Halloween Word stencil or any of the new Christmas ones and any of the debossing folders with words.

I do have to say that I only join this swap because I like to MAKE things for Halloween!!!!! I don't really like it very well and don't celebrate it at all. I do have a few decorations that I display but that is about it. So anything I can use to make Halloweens stuff would be perfect. Sorry if this makes it hard on my SS.Blushing Blushing

Edited by user Friday, August 08, 2014 2:31:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Catita Online
#6 Posted : Sunday, August 03, 2014 10:04:57 AM(UTC)
Catita

Was thanked: 221 time(s) in 163 post(s)
YES YES YES YES. I LOVE secret partner swaps!!!! Just PMed you my contact info.

My answers to the questions:

1. Do you prefer cutesy; gory; childish; vintage; spooky/creepy but not gory; or other style of Halloween? Any style, really
2. Do you send Halloween cards to family members? I do, and to friends and special coworkers
3. Do you have a favorite candy bar? Baby Ruth
4. Do you have a favorite Halloween treat or snack? candy corn and harvest mix
5. Do you do Halloween layouts? nope
6. Do you decorate for Halloween? I do! Both at home and in my classroom
7. List a few inexpensive crafting items you would love to receive to add to your stash of supplies. Anything to add to my stash...ribbon, washi tape, glitter, embellishments, adhesives, ink, pens, stamps, etc.
8. Would you find stamped images of Halloween useful? And/or Diecuts? Sure!
9. Please try to suggest some non-Halloween small projects/craft items you would enjoy receiving or some techniques you would enjoy to see on a home-made project. Anything my partner would like to make....altered notebook or box, mini album, notecards, ANYTHING!
10. Have you been drooling over all the new Tim Holtz products coming out recently for Halloween? Or are you a Tim Holtz fan? I have seen his products and projects made with his products/style but I have never tried them myself. If my parent is a Tim Holtz fan, feel free to introduce me, maybe I'll get hooked.

The only words I'm choosing are STEAMPUNK and GRUNCH because I am unfamiliar with the styles. If my partner happens to enjoy either, please feel free to introduce me to them.

Edited by user Saturday, August 09, 2014 6:25:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CricutCutie Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, August 03, 2014 12:17:57 PM(UTC)
CricutCutie

United States

Was thanked: 123 time(s) in 96 post(s)
Ok - would like to give this one a shot. I have a few ideas of things that might be fun to do for this one.

1. Do you prefer cutesy; gory; childish; vintage; spooky/creepy but not gory; or other style of Halloween? Cutesy or Spooky/Creepy
2. Do you send Halloween cards to family members? No
3. Do you have a favorite candy bar? Heath or Orange Mint Lifesavers
4. Do you have a favorite Halloween treat or snack? Candy Corn
5. Do you do Halloween layouts? Yes
6. Do you decorate for Halloween? A bit
7. List a few inexpensive crafting items you would love to receive to add to your stash of supplies. Xyron refills (X machine), cat's eye ink - Chestnut Roan, bling, buttons
8. Would you find stamped images of Halloween useful? And/or Diecuts? Yes
9. Please try to suggest some non-Halloween small projects/craft items you would enjoy receiving or some techniques you would enjoy to see on a home-made project. Loving vinyl right now, we have cats so do pet albums/ pages, we travel alot too
10. Have you been drooling over all the new Tim Holtz products coming out recently for Halloween? Or are you a Tim Holtz fan? No
Kiethann Online
#8 Posted : Sunday, August 03, 2014 1:40:41 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Here are my choices.
1. Pumpkins
2. Orange
3. Candy, sweet, treats
4. Make 3 witches
5. No tricks just treats
6. Shatter!!

1. Do you prefer cutesy; gory; childish; vintage; spooky/creepy but not gory; or other style of Halloween? Vintage
2. Do you send Halloween cards to family members? Yes to my grandchildren
3. Do you have a favorite candy bar? I like dark chocolate bars and M&Ms
4. Do you have a favorite Halloween treat or snack? Candy corn
5. Do you do Halloween layouts? Not really
6. Do you decorate for Halloween? Yes
7. List a few inexpensive crafting items you would love to receive to add to your stash of supplies. Always can use some bling, vintage ribbons (nothing gaudy or over bearing)
8. Would you find stamped images of Halloween useful? And/or Diecuts? stamped images
9. Please try to suggest some non-Halloween small projects/craft items you would enjoy receiving or some techniques you would enjoy to see on a home-made project. open to anything as long as not very large.
10. Have you been drooling over all the new Tim Holtz products coming out recently for Halloween? Or are you a Tim Holtz fan? I have a few TH products. Really like the distress inks

Edited by user Sunday, August 03, 2014 1:44:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: added colors

CricutCrazy Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, August 03, 2014 2:07:43 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 1055 time(s) in 770 post(s)
YES !! I want to play too !!

1. Do you prefer cutesy; gory; childish; vintage; spooky/creepy but not gory; or other style of Halloween?
I prefer vintage or anything not gory
2. Do you send Halloween cards to family members?
Yes to some
3. Do you have a favorite candy bar?
Hershey's Special Dark with or without Almonds and or Mounds or Almond Joy
Candy corn and small pretzels
5. Do you do Halloween layouts?
no - but I can if my partner wants one
6. Do you decorate for Halloween?
just a little, since there are no kids in the house anymore
7. List a few inexpensive crafting items you would love to receive to add to your stash of supplies.
pretty beads for stickpins, organdy ribbon in all colors 1/2" to 1" wide, spool of tulle
8. Would you find stamped images of Halloween useful? And/or Diecuts?
Would enjoy any

9. Please try to suggest some non-Halloween small projects/craft items you would enjoy receiving or some techniques you would enjoy to see on a home-made project.
I like heat embossed items because I am not good at doing those. Also any kind of Mini Album

10. Have you been drooling over all the new Tim Holtz products coming out recently for Halloween? Or are you a Tim Holtz fan?
I like Tim Holtz but I find it hard to keep up with everything he is doing...I am still working on last years stuff !! LOL

WORDS I HAVE CHOSEN :

Happy Halloween !
Best Witches
Candy, sweets or treats
Spooktacular
Scaredy Cat
Haunted House

Kiethann Online
#10 Posted : Sunday, August 03, 2014 4:17:40 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

We have so much fun with this swap. Who else would like to join us?? It is always exciting to see what our partner comes up with to send us!!
MOgoggingirl Online
#11 Posted : Sunday, August 03, 2014 5:05:11 PM(UTC)
MOgoggingirl

United States

Was thanked: 441 time(s) in 384 post(s)
I'd like to play!!!

1. Do you prefer cutesy; gory; childish; vintage; spooky/creepy but not gory; or other style of Halloween? I like anything but gory.
2. Do you send Halloween cards to family members? no
3. Do you have a favorite candy bar? Butterfingers
4. Do you have a favorite Halloween treat or snack? Harvest Mix
5. Do you do Halloween layouts? yes
6. Do you decorate for Halloween? no
7. List a few inexpensive crafting items you would love to receive to add to your stash of supplies. bling in orange, tan, pink, purple, or green or some of the small flowers in the $$$$ bins at Michaels in any of the colors above.
8. Would you find stamped images of Halloween useful? And/or Diecuts? die cuts
9. Please try to suggest some non-Halloween small projects/craft items you would enjoy receiving or some techniques you would enjoy to see on a home-made project. surprise me!BigGrin
10. Have you been drooling over all the new Tim Holtz products coming out recently for Halloween? Or are you a Tim Holtz fan?]don't know what Tim is releasing but would probably be fun to have.

Edited by user Monday, August 04, 2014 1:51:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScrappinGwen Offline
#12 Posted : Sunday, August 03, 2014 6:30:15 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Originally Posted by: MOgoggingirl Go to Quoted Post

4. Do you have a favorite Halloween treat or snack? candy corn shapes not the corn but the other ones that are different colors, brown, orange, tan, etc.
[/color]
\\

It's called Harvest Mix and I know that cuz that is my favorite too! I buy that instead of the candy corn! lol
Catita Online
#13 Posted : Sunday, August 03, 2014 6:39:34 PM(UTC)
Catita

Originally Posted by: ScrappinGwen Go to Quoted Post
\\

It's called Harvest Mix and I know that cuz that is my favorite too! I buy that instead of the candy corn! lol

Good to know.... off to update my questions. LOL
beetlebugmart Offline
#14 Posted : Sunday, August 03, 2014 7:19:28 PM(UTC)
beetlebugmart

United States

Was thanked: 198 time(s) in 128 post(s)
I'd love to play again! Been waiting for this swap to open. I'll come back later to answer questions.

Hannah
CricutNat* Offline
#15 Posted : Sunday, August 03, 2014 7:32:28 PM(UTC)
CricutNat*

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 163 time(s) in 140 post(s)
So - I've read the instructions/requirements a few times - you'll fill 6 treat bags for your partner, each with a different themed item - bought, handmade, treat, embellishment, item, from the stash, based on something you feel falls under any of 6 of the listed categories/themes in post #3? I want to make sure I understand before I commit! We love Halloween here and this could be lots of fun!

Thanks in advance for the clarification - :)

CricutNat*
golfingrams Offline
#16 Posted : Sunday, August 03, 2014 10:40:15 PM(UTC)
golfingrams

Was thanked: 410 time(s) in 363 post(s)
Oh this will be fun, working on craft room tomorrow (again and again) I think I have stash for every season. I love Halloween and all the kids who come to our door. I missed last year. I am in in in. Thanks Gwen, I will post in morning and update MQ. Back to bed, up at 4:30 to start in. Hugs Patti

Here are some questions for you to answer to help your SS design some great treat ideas just for you!

1. Do you prefer cutesy; gory; childish; vintage; spooky/creepy but not gory; or other style of Halloween? Anything but creepy/gory

2. Do you send Halloween cards to family members? Yes

3. Do you have a favorite candy bar? Snickers/Mounds AJ Reeses PBC

4. Do you have a favorite Halloween treat or snack? Candy Corn/Harvest Mix
k
5. Do you do Halloween layouts? No

6. Do you decorate for Halloween? Haven't for numerous years but will now that I'm recouped and RETIRED. YAY

7. List a few inexpensive crafting items you would love to receive to add to your stash of supplies. Nice ribbon - stickles - fine glitter - embossing powers - 6x6 paper pads - Christmas anything.

8. Would you find stamped images of Halloween useful? And/or Diecuts? Yes
9. Please try to suggest some non-Halloween small projects/craft items you would enjoy receiving or some techniques you would enjoy to see on a home-made project. Heat embossing - anything for Thanksgiving/Christmas - I love everything so surprise me.

Have not seen, I am but have not used his stuff. I have a bunch of his distress ink pads my ds's girlfriend bought me a few weeks ago.

Happy Halloween!
Pumpkins
Best Witches
Candy, sweets or treats
Make 3 witches!
No Tricks…Just Treats!!

I tried to hi-light my question answers this is what it does and I am wondering why.

Edited by user Monday, August 04, 2014 9:38:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Had to answer

ScrappinGwen Offline
#17 Posted : Monday, August 04, 2014 4:25:19 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Originally Posted by: CricutNat* Go to Quoted Post
So - I've read the instructions/requirements a few times - you'll fill 6 treat bags for your partner, each with a different themed item - bought, handmade, treat, embellishment, item, from the stash, based on something you feel falls under any of 6 of the listed categories/themes in post #3? I want to make sure I understand before I commit! We love Halloween here and this could be lots of fun!

Thanks in advance for the clarification - :)

CricutNat*

Yes, I believe you understand the concept of this swap.

For a specific example:

I might choose the following words and fill my bags accordingly:

Happy Halloween! I would make a Halloween card
candy, sweets, treats I would treat my SS with her favorite candy
costumes I would use my cricut and make some paper dolls with Halloween costumes
grunge I would make some grunge tags, copying techniques from Tim Holtz
skeletons, skulls I would make a skeleton donut
orange I would buy some orange ribbon or embellies from Michaels

Chances are the more experienced swapper/crafter will make more and buy less. But that makes sense as that person has built up her stash from swapping the past few years. On the otherhand, a newer swapper/crafter might not have as much available to work with so might find some items to buy, using coupons to defray expense.

Or, if I am sending to someone new to swapping, I may send them lots of bought items to help them build up their stash. Or, I may look at it completely different and send them all home-made so they will have examples to follow in future swaps.

I would certainly hope that each of you would attempt to send some home made items to your SS. It's certainly more fun to craft and create!

There are all kinds of ideas to make from cards, tags, diecuts to use on future cards or Layouts, altered frame, Halloween decoration to sit on a shelf or hang on wall, altering a little tin or a wooden coffin to hide a treat inside, etc. etc. It really depends on your level of crafting and how much time you have for crafting and maybe studying pinterest or other crafting blogs and sites to look for ideas to scraplift.

Also, you will find last year's swap to research and check out the pics posted to see what ideas the gals came up with. I think it's on page 4 of this forum.

FYI: We are going to amusement park today, so I will not be available until late tonight or tomorrow morning.

Edited by user Monday, August 04, 2014 4:41:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CricutNat* on 8/5/2014(UTC)
CraftyOldBat Offline
#18 Posted : Monday, August 04, 2014 6:11:09 AM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States
Location: Massachusetts MQ Pg 9 Post # 247 Swap Questionnaire Pg 1 Post #8

Was thanked: 414 time(s) in 344 post(s)
I'll play

1. Do you prefer cutesy; gory; childish; vintage; spooky/creepy but not gory; or other style of Halloween? Gory, spooky or vintage
2. Do you send Halloween cards to family members? Not really
3. Do you have a favorite candy bar? Milk choc M&Ms
5. Do you do Halloween layouts? yes 12x12
6. Do you decorate for Halloween? yes!
7. List a few inexpensive crafting items you would love to receive to add to your stash of supplies. printed ribbon, lace, trims, Liquid Pearls or Stickles
8. Would you find stamped images of Halloween useful? And/or Diecuts? Stamped if you color them, die cuts definitely
10. Have you been drooling over all the new Tim Holtz products coming out recently for Halloween? Or are you a Tim Holtz fan? yes and definitely yes
 1 user thanked CraftyOldBat for this useful post.
JeanP on 8/4/2014(UTC)
planlady19 Offline
#19 Posted : Monday, August 04, 2014 7:16:52 AM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Was thanked: 284 time(s) in 266 post(s)
I would like to play.

I will be back later tonight to post answers.

Thanks
Terri

1. Do you prefer cutesy; gory; childish; vintage; spooky/creepy but not gory; or other style of Halloween? Vintage or cutesy as something that could be used for grandsons age 4, 2, and 0 will be here by then.
2. Do you send Halloween cards to family members? no but I should
3. Do you have a favorite candy bar? at this time York peppermint patties
4. Do you have a favorite Halloween treat or snack? carmel corn.. !!!!!
5. Do you do Halloween layouts? I am starting.. 12 x 12
6. Do you decorate for Halloween? yes
7. List a few inexpensive crafting items you would love to receive to add to your stash of supplies. zig pens, pearls, bling, washi tape, cats eye ink small brown,
8. Would you find stamped images of Halloween useful? And/or Diecuts? Stamps images
9. Please try to suggest some non-Halloween small projects/craft items you would enjoy receiving or some techniques you would enjoy to see on a home-made project. anything with a snowman..
10. Have you been drooling over all the new Tim Holtz products coming out recently for Halloween? Or are you a Tim Holtz fan? YES YES YES

I like all the words so surprise me.

Edited by user Wednesday, August 13, 2014 5:30:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked planlady19 for this useful post.
JeanP on 8/4/2014(UTC)
scrappinbeck Offline
#20 Posted : Monday, August 04, 2014 7:33:31 AM(UTC)
scrappinbeck

United States

Was thanked: 126 time(s) in 107 post(s)
I would like to join in the fun!!!

1. Do you prefer cutesy; gory; childish; vintage; spooky/creepy but not gory; or other style of Halloween? [/color]Anything but gory, if I had a choice I would choose rustic.
2. Do you send Halloween cards to family members? No
3. Do you have a favorite candy bar? Dark chocolate bars or kisses
4. Do you have a favorite Halloween treat or snack? Brach's pumpkins
5. Do you do Halloween layouts?YES!!!! 12x12
6. Do you decorate for Halloween? A little, mainly my living room.
7. List a few inexpensive crafting items you would love to receive to add to your stash of supplies. Zig pens, bling, washi tape, mat pads.
8. Would you find stamped images of Halloween useful? And/or Diecuts? Prefer diecuts
9. Please try to suggest some non-Halloween small projects/craft items you would enjoy receiving or some techniques you would enjoy to see on a home-made project. I would love to see a project using washi tape or a distressing technique, but anything is fine.
10. Have you been drooling over all the new Tim Holtz products coming out recently for Halloween? Or are you a Tim Holtz fan? [color=darkred]I haven't ever used Tim Holtz products (other than embossing folders and scissors),I have seen some I like, but haven't really tried his style.

Edited by user Monday, August 04, 2014 7:35:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: change colors

MOgoggingirl Online
#21 Posted : Monday, August 04, 2014 1:50:39 PM(UTC)
MOgoggingirl

United States

Was thanked: 441 time(s) in 384 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ScrappinGwen Go to Quoted Post
\\

Thanks ScrappinGwen! I couldn't think of what it was called. I love those. They are my favorite and I also buy them instead of candy corn!BigGrin
bklynborn Offline
#22 Posted : Monday, August 04, 2014 2:47:47 PM(UTC)
bklynborn

United States

Was thanked: 139 time(s) in 132 post(s)
knew I couldn't do a big swap. but this is easy pleasy. if you are still taking sign ups. would love to join.

bbBigGrin
LoriSjogren Offline
#23 Posted : Monday, August 04, 2014 8:57:22 PM(UTC)
LoriSjogren

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2630 time(s) in 1556 post(s)
This sounds like lots of fun! I would love to join in.

1. Do you prefer cutesy; gory; childish; vintage; spooky/creepy but not gory; or other style of Halloween? I love it all. Indulge in Walking Dead pandemonium or Casper cutesiness. Classic Dracula or Twilight sparkle. Have fun!
2. Do you send Halloween cards to family members? only an unfortunate few ;-)
3. Do you have a favorite candy bar? Dove choclate or almomd joy
4. Do you have a favorite Halloween treat or snack? Candy Corn
5. Do you do Halloween layouts? no, but i want to
6. Do you decorate for Hallowween? YES
7. crafting items you would love to receive to add to your stash of supplies. pop dots, glue dots, zig pen, I don't know why but I am always on the hunt for for all types of adhesive!
8. Would you find stamped images of Halloween useful? And/or Diecuts? die cuts or your favorite Halloween stamped images
9. Please try to suggest some non-Halloween small projects/craft items you would enjoy receiving or some techniques you would enjoy or home-made project. My other favorite holiday is Christmas and I like butterflies. Try whatever technique you love!
10. Have you been drooling over all the new Tim Holtz products coming out recently for Halloween? Or are you a Tim Holtz fan?] love Tim Holtz and have drooled over ALL of it.

Adding my 6 words:
- Potions
- Steampunk
- Black
- Masks
- Spiders/Webs! EEEKKKK!!
- Black Ravens

As Gwynne said, feel free to deviate. Just giving some direction in case my partner wants some Smile.

Edited by user Thursday, August 14, 2014 8:02:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Caffinee Offline
#24 Posted : Monday, August 04, 2014 9:12:54 PM(UTC)
Caffinee

United States

Was thanked: 1259 time(s) in 708 post(s)
I'd like to join... Halloween is my fav!

Mad Scientist!
Black Ravens and Owls
Creepy Cemetery
Haunted House
Spiders & Bats! EEEKKKK!!
Skulls, Skeletons, Bones

1. Do you prefer cutesy; gory; childish; vintage; spooky/creepy but not gory; or other style of Halloween? Anything goes – have fun with it BigGrin
2. Do you send Halloween cards to family members? Yes!
3. Do you have a favorite candy bar? Hershey Almond bar, Sour Patches
4. Do you have a favorite Halloween treat or snack? Candy corn
5. Do you do Halloween layouts? Yes, 8x8
6. Do you decorate for Halloween? yes
7. List a few inexpensive crafting items you would love to receive to add to your stash of supplies. Glue, popup dots
8. Would you find stamped images of Halloween useful? And/or Diecuts? Diecuts
10. Have you been drooling over all the new Tim Holtz products coming out recently for Halloween? Or are you a Tim Holtz fan? I love Tim Holtz!!

Edited by user Wednesday, August 06, 2014 6:15:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: updating

golfingrams Offline
#25 Posted : Monday, August 04, 2014 9:43:07 PM(UTC)
golfingrams

Was thanked: 410 time(s) in 363 post(s)
Gwen, by layouts do you mean scrapbooking layouts,, - I think.
Also where do we find last years swaps???
Hugs Patti

Edited by user Monday, August 04, 2014 10:10:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked golfingrams for this useful post.
Catita on 8/5/2014(UTC)
ScrappinGwen Offline
#26 Posted : Tuesday, August 05, 2014 6:35:15 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Originally Posted by: golfingrams986a1173 Go to Quoted Post
Gwen, by layouts do you mean scrapbooking layouts,, - I think.
Also where do we find last years swaps???
Hugs Patti

Yes, I meant scrapbook Layouts.

Here is the link to last year's Halloween swap: It was on page 9 of this Raks and Swaps forum, not page 4! lol

http://us.cricut.com/for...TNER---DD-Oct--15th.aspx
 2 users thanked ScrappinGwen for this useful post.
LoriSjogren on 8/5/2014(UTC), rhondah* on 8/9/2014(UTC)
ScrappinGwen Offline
#27 Posted : Tuesday, August 05, 2014 6:40:00 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

It's great to see you all joining this swap! Many of us have taken a break this past few months, so it's nice to see you all make your way back here!

Thanks JeanP for letting gals on facebook know that we are starting to post our annual swaps for the upcoming holidays that finish out the year.
JeanP on 8/5/2014(UTC)
Catita Online
#28 Posted : Wednesday, August 06, 2014 5:12:16 AM(UTC)
Catita

Thanks for posting the link to last year's swap. I had tried searching for it but was unsuccessful. Love going through swaps and seeing pictures. Excited to start this one!
ScrapyPiggy Offline
#29 Posted : Wednesday, August 06, 2014 6:47:13 AM(UTC)
ScrapyPiggy

Was thanked: 212 time(s) in 186 post(s)
I have been on the fence to join this one since it was posted. Time to get off the fence and just join. It should be lots of fun.

Deanna

1. Do you prefer cutesy; gory; childish; vintage; spooky/creepy but not gory; or other style of Halloween? cutesy, childish or vintage
2. Do you send Halloween cards to family members? not usually, but do have a couple of birthdays in October
3. Do you have a favorite candy bar? Reese's sticks or pieces
4. Do you have a favorite Halloween treat or snack? Apple caramel suckers
7. List a few inexpensive crafting items you would love to receive to add to your stash of supplies. 1/2" ATG tape refills, embossing folders with halloween designs, pop dots, Zig clue pens,
8. Would you find stamped images of Halloween useful? And/or Diecuts? Both, diecuts more for scrapbooking layouts but have used stamped images if they are cute (love coloring with my copic markers).
9. Please try to suggest some non-Halloween small projects/craft items you would enjoy receiving or some techniques you would enjoy to see on a home-made project. Surprise me, love to see different ideas from people
10. Have you been drooling over all the new Tim Holtz products coming out recently for Halloween? Or are you a Tim Holtz fan? I do love the TH thinks I have seen; However, have not really gotten into the TH craze just because I don't have the extra money or time to really get good at a lot of his technics

Edited by user Wednesday, August 06, 2014 7:13:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Adding swap questions

Kiethann Online
#30 Posted : Wednesday, August 06, 2014 6:50:41 AM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Originally Posted by: ScrapyPiggy Go to Quoted Post
I have been on the fence to join this one since it was posted. Time to get off the fence and just join. It should be lots of fun.

Deanna

WOW that is quite a while to sit in one place on the fence. Hope your did not bet "TB". LOL

so glad you decided to join this swap. It really is not a complicated or hair-pulling out swap, Just let your creativity and imagination flow.