Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Ryocg Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 03, 2014 7:41:32 PM(UTC)
Ryocg

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Does anyone feel like Provocraft focused so much on Explore that they forgot about everyone that invested in the E2? I mean, when the E2 launched on HSN they said the E2 has the capability of being updated with new features in the future. This was a huge reason I invested in the E2 and purchased the wireless adapter. After all the 2 doesn't do much more that the orignal Expression, so I should've just kept that one instead. NOW I just see Explore does this and this AND THAT. But never any mention that the E2 will EVER have any new features. I love my E2 and invested a lot in it so there is really no need for me to buy another machine. But I get so angry that the new Explore has a whole new Design Studio and an app for goodness sake! Something I've requested several times in lieu of a new Gypsy but PC is only giving these features to a new machine that is another $300 investment.
I'm sorry PC but you left me with an uneasy feeling. I don't know if I'll ever take the Explore plunge. I'm looking at other options at the moment. I want such a large investment to bring me pleasure and joy for many years to come. Not be a disposable item every 2 years. This is crafting after all, it should be enjoyable and not just a hobby that's going to break the bank.
 1 user thanked Ryocg for this useful post.
simplyshe on 8/11/2014(UTC)
scrapalette Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 03, 2014 9:13:19 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19094 time(s) in 8532 post(s)
Unfortunately, technology moves forward even if we don't have the pocketbook to afford it. Look how quickly cell phones and tablets and laptops and other electronics are quickly outdated.

But, with that said, I don't think PC has forgotten the E2. I think there are limits to what the machines and CCR can be programmed to do. CCR and Design Space are two totally different programs. The files between them aren't even interchangeable.

And, if you're happy with your E2, no need to go for the latest and greatest that is out there. Craft away and be happy!
 1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
Narelle on 8/6/2014(UTC)
Ryocg Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 02, 2014 6:14:12 PM(UTC)
Ryocg

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
Unfortunately, technology moves forward even if we don't have the pocketbook to afford it. Look how quickly cell phones and tablets and laptops and other electronics are quickly outdated.

But, with that said, I don't think PC has forgotten the E2. I think there are limits to what the machines and CCR can be programmed to do. CCR and Design Space are two totally different programs. The files between them aren't even interchangeable.

And, if you're happy with your E2, no need to go for the latest and greatest that is out there. Craft away and be happy!

Sorry for the late reply as I don't frequent forums often. Anyhow, I think you misunderstood my post. I didn't mention the E2 being outdated just never UPDATED as promised. Yes tech gets outdated but even my Galaxy S3 (and iPad) has had many updates to improve the features of the phone and yes I will invest in the new Galaxy 5 here soon. Never mind whether or not we can afford it. It's do we WANT to waste our money again on a new item that will become outdated in just 1 year.

And how long before PC moves on to the next big thing and forgets about the Explore? I'm already reading posts that the Design Studio hasn't been improved upon since inception. I didn't come on here to bash PC or Cricut as I love my Cricut and Gypsy. I'm just pointing out my disappointment in the promises made but never delivered with E2 and my uneasiness with falling into the Explore hype even though I see great reviews on how this new machine cuts.
 1 user thanked Ryocg for this useful post.
MaconMemories on 9/5/2014(UTC)
scrapalette Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 02, 2014 6:49:25 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19094 time(s) in 8532 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Ryocg Go to Quoted Post
Sorry for the late reply as I don't frequent forums often. Anyhow, I think you misunderstood my post. I didn't mention the E2 being outdated just never UPDATED as promised. Yes tech gets outdated but even my Galaxy S3 (and iPad) has had many updates to improve the features of the phone and yes I will invest in the new Galaxy 5 here soon. Never mind whether or not we can afford it. It's do we WANT to waste our money again on a new item that will become outdated in just 1 year.

And how long before PC moves on to the next big thing and forgets about the Explore? I'm already reading posts that the Design Studio hasn't been improved upon since inception. I didn't come on here to bash PC or Cricut as I love my Cricut and Gypsy. I'm just pointing out my disappointment in the promises made but never delivered with E2 and my uneasiness with falling into the Explore hype even though I see great reviews on how this new machine cuts.

Well, if I had a crystal ball, I could tell you. But I don't. I understood you meant to update the E2, but the technology in the E2 is old programming and can't do what the programming in the Explore can do, regardless of how much they may want to update it. Just like when Design Studio could not longer be updated because of the old programming and CCR was born.

There were updates to both the E2 {and CCR} after the release. I guess they just weren't what you wanted.

But, I don't worry about what may happen next week, next month, next year or even further down the road. I just enjoy using what I have.