Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Skeeter097 Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, August 04, 2014 8:52:31 AM(UTC)
Skeeter097

Groups: Registered

My Cricut Expression said it needed a firmware update and wouldn't cut until I completed the update. Unfortunately, I tried over and over and over and the update wouldn't work. After 48 hours of trying everything, I called Cricut Customer Support this morning when they opened only to find out that the Cricut machine WILL NOT OPERATE with Mac's new Operating System - 10.9.4. WHAT?!?

Cricut Support offered NO HELP at all. Why aren't they getting this message out to people so they don't spend their weekends uninstalling and reinstalling programs that won't fix the problem??

Now I'm left with an expensive paperweight that won't cut. Not to mention hundreds of dollars in digital images that I can't access. I asked Customer Support for a timeframe. They have no clue, but said it will "probably be weeks." Catch up Cricut!! This is ridiculous! I have so many projects to do and if I want to get them done, my only option at this point is to buy a PC!! RIDICULOUS!!!

And Cricut needs to listen to their customers and have tech support on the weekends! Absolutely absurd that I had to fly blind all weekend and waste so much of my time.
Cricut Tamara :) Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, August 08, 2014 9:31:22 AM(UTC)
Cricut Tamara :)

Groups: Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator, Registered

Was thanked: 192 time(s) in 113 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Skeeter097 Go to Quoted Post
My Cricut Expression said it needed a firmware update and wouldn't cut until I completed the update. Unfortunately, I tried over and over and over and the update wouldn't work. After 48 hours of trying everything, I called Cricut Customer Support this morning when they opened only to find out that the Cricut machine WILL NOT OPERATE with Mac's new Operating System - 10.9.4. WHAT?!?

Cricut Support offered NO HELP at all. Why aren't they getting this message out to people so they don't spend their weekends uninstalling and reinstalling programs that won't fix the problem??

Now I'm left with an expensive paperweight that won't cut. Not to mention hundreds of dollars in digital images that I can't access. I asked Customer Support for a timeframe. They have no clue, but said it will "probably be weeks." Catch up Cricut!! This is ridiculous! I have so many projects to do and if I want to get them done, my only option at this point is to buy a PC!! RIDICULOUS!!!

And Cricut needs to listen to their customers and have tech support on the weekends! Absolutely absurd that I had to fly blind all weekend and waste so much of my time.

Hello,

Cricut Support does listen to our consumers, and during special periods of increased usage of our machines, we do, in fact, staff our phone lines on the weekends. We realize that Mondays are often our busiest days, and encourage calling in on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, if at all possible in your crafting schedule.

We have passed along your requests for an updated timeline for the resolution of the 10.9 Cricut Craft Room issues some of our Mac users experience. The only message we can share with you at this time is that our product development team is very aware of the issue and unfortunately, a fix that resolves the entire issue is taking longer than we initially anticipated. Until our Product Development team resolves, the Cricut Support team cannot correct the issue. We appreciate your patience in knowing that we are working on a resolution.

Cricut Tamara

CricutGuy Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 30, 2014 9:06:22 AM(UTC)
CricutGuy

Groups: Registered

This situation has raised my concerns about a recent Cricut purchase. The vast majority of creative types USE iOS devices, and this should be the top priority for Cricut, not Windows.

Also, reading the message board and am shocked to see the (very) limited window for customer service. This too is an issue. I'd encourage Cricut to raise the bar on both of these fronts. Business is not a hobby, quit treating your customers in such a way.