Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

CindyRose14 Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2014 10:02:55 PM(UTC)
CindyRose14

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 161 time(s) in 81 post(s)
I haven't posted anything in a long time (busy summer) but I keep up with all of the postings and I continue to learn so much from all of you. Thank you for all of the valuable information!
It dawned on me recently that one of my favorite things about having the Explore is how fast I can "throw something together" for any occasion.
Twice this summer I made cards for birthday parties only 2 HOURS before the event. This included sitting down at my computer, searching in Design Space for the images I wanted to use, choosing the paper (always the most challenging and time consuming part for me), cutting the images and assembling it all.
I never would have dreamed of attempting this with my Expression/Gypsy. I would have just went and bought a card. Design Space makes this so easy, especially with having the subscription. I can find anything I need very quickly. When I used my Gypsy, it took me forever to search through all of my carts and I could never figure out how to find all of the different layers that were supposed to go with each image. Design Space does this for me! Love it!
I know there are plenty of complaints about the Design Space software, but for me, it has always worked for what I want it to do, and the cuts I get are a "sure thing". I often had to cut things several times with my Expression to get a "good one". The Explore has cut everything perfectly for me the first time. To me that's been priceless!
The first card I made was for my nephew who was turning 16. I knew I wanted to make him a card that had something to do with driving. I searched in Design Space for driving related images and found everything I needed. I didn't have time to use the cut and write feature darn it!
The second card was for a little boy who lives down the street who invited my kids to his bithday party a couple of hours before it started. He likes to do magic, so I knew I wanted some sort of magician theme. I got busy on the card and sent my husband to pick up a gift card. Since the card wasn't very elaborate, I DID have time to use the cut and write feature! Yay!
Other spur of the moment projects that I have done with my Explore were Teacher Appreciation gift tags the night before (because someone on here was showing what they had made and I had totally forgotten about this event). A couple of weeks ago my company was doing a customer event where they wanted to blindfold the customers to have them touch and smell some products. I had to quickly order the sleep masks but there wasn't any time to have them personalized with our company logo, so I bought some iron-on Cricut vinyl and cut our company logo on my Explore and ironed the logos onto the masks. They looked professionally done! This is the 3rd time I've done projects for my company with my Explore. That was never my intention, but I've sure been racking up some major Brownie points at work!
CindyRose14 attached the following image(s):
16th Birthday Card.JPG
16th Birthday Card -- Inside.JPG
Magician Card.JPG
Magician Card -- Inside.JPG
 3 users thanked CindyRose14 for this useful post.
Soo on 8/30/2014(UTC), dancingarden (Michele) on 8/30/2014(UTC), CricketCMV on 8/30/2014(UTC)
Soo Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 30, 2014 4:31:41 AM(UTC)
Soo

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 226 time(s) in 143 post(s)
Love your cards! And it is great when you start using the machine for other project types -- I can imagine how impressed everyone was with the custom sleep masks!

I love seeing what others are doing - so thanks for sharing!!
 1 user thanked Soo for this useful post.
CindyRose14 on 8/31/2014(UTC)
GrammyCris Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 30, 2014 8:11:44 AM(UTC)
GrammyCris

Was thanked: 1155 time(s) in 540 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CindyRose14 Go to Quoted Post
I never would have dreamed of attempting this with my Expression/Gypsy. I would have just went and bought a card. Design Space makes this so easy, especially with having the subscription. I can find anything I need very quickly. When I used my Gypsy, it took me forever to search through all of my carts and I could never figure out how to find all of the different layers that were supposed to go with each image. Design Space does this for me! Love it!

I couldn't agree with you more! All of the time saving steps that I never gave much thought to before have been taken care of for us, leaving us much more "creative" time!

I loved my Gypsy and was heartbroken thinking if I stepped up to the Explore I could no longer use my Gypsy, but I quickly discovered the same thing you are saying about how much search time it took and then the endless time of sorting through the layers. I am still amazed daily at how simple the most complex layer cuts are now that the Explore sorts your layers for you.

I do tons of card making and scrapbooking and was constantly re-cutting things that didn't fit or work and now with the canvas you can build your entire project on your screen, colors and all, and when you are satisfied with how it looks just click on Go and all your layers and mats are separated for you! HUGE TIME SAVER!

I can not say enough how much I love my Explore and what a huge upgrade this machine is from the old Cricuts. It even caused me to pretty much retire my Cameo.

Edited by user Saturday, August 30, 2014 8:13:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked GrammyCris for this useful post.
dancingarden (Michele) Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 30, 2014 8:16:35 AM(UTC)
dancingarden (Michele)

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 4954 time(s) in 1267 post(s)
I have to agree, it is easier and quicker.

I still love my gypsy and expression, and won't be giving those up yet. I still crop a lot elsewhere and there's a good chance I'll be cropping somewhere without wifi. But pre-Explore I didn't use my cricuts much at home, since it was a lot of "work" but the explore has changed that, and I'm crafting a lot more at home again.
 1 user thanked dancingarden (Michele) for this useful post.
CanadianRose Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 30, 2014 9:34:14 AM(UTC)
CanadianRose

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 899 time(s) in 477 post(s)
What I love most about my Explore is that I don't have to work about speed and pressure, it's all built in, just turn the dial to the material you are using. Saves so much time and cardstock!!!
 1 user thanked CanadianRose for this useful post.
CricketCMV Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 30, 2014 10:04:36 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8174 time(s) in 4793 post(s)
Your cards are really cute!! LOVE all of them!

I love your explanations, too.

Some of the newer features (CCR vs. CDSPACE) are very, very nice. I love that you can see the COMPLETE image (color and all), too. It gives you more a sense of what your own final image will look like if you use all the layers. It's neat you can do away with the layers you don't want, too. I used to think it was great in CCR that you could just place what you wanted on the mat, but it was harder to see the "finished" image in CCR. I have begun to LOVE this feature of CDSPACE....showing the entire image at the outset.

I can't wait to get to play in CDSPACE more and get more used to my EXPLORE. This summer has not afforded me much "playing" time indoors.

So happy to see your creations and your enthusiasm!!

Char
 1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
mad55jed1fcf66ca Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, August 30, 2014 11:19:08 AM(UTC)
mad55jed1fcf66ca

I'm glad to see that someone else does not plan to give up her Expression yet because of the possibilities of not having internet access! This made me feel good and able to help justify keeping both my Expression and new Explore. Thank you!BigGrin
nancyh Offline
#8 Posted : Saturday, August 30, 2014 5:35:19 PM(UTC)
nancyh

Was thanked: 645 time(s) in 483 post(s)
Your cards all look great!

I agree, the explore allows me to make a card much faster than I would have been able to do with either CCR, Gypsy, or with the machine alone. No more hunting around for all of the layers. DS makes it easy peasy.
 1 user thanked nancyh for this useful post.
Narelle Offline
#9 Posted : Saturday, August 30, 2014 6:10:31 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7902 time(s) in 3704 post(s)
I've pretty much retired my Cameo too (as well as my other Cricuts.) The Explore is the most amazing cutting machine I've used.

I love your cards! We are having a challenge over on our facebook group to show us your cards for teenage boys if you're interested. (It just so happened that my son turned 16 last week and I was stumped for ideas....) Laugh

You'll find us here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/487705104684042/

(That's Cricut Lovers Guide to Design Space.) Smile
 1 user thanked Narelle for this useful post.