Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

16 Pages123>»
KauaiMelody Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, September 01, 2014 5:21:12 PM(UTC)
KauaiMelody

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2181 time(s) in 1024 post(s)
FABULOUS PARTNERED POSTCARD SWAP 4 FABULOUS SWAPPERS (Round 1 MONTH OF SEPTEMBER )
MAKE 5 HALLOWEEN POSTCARDS - GET 5 BACK

(Unless you specify otherwise, I will assume you are signing up for Round 1, Sept,Oct, Nov)

RULES:
1. YOU MUST BE FABULOUS
2. YOU MUST MAIL ALL 5 TOGETHER IN A PACKAGE WITH A TRACKING NUMBER AND MEET ALL DEADLINES
3. YOU MUST TAKE PHOTOGRAPHS AND POST WHEN RECEIVED.(Tip: photograph your own just in case)
4. YOU MUST CHECK IN ONCE A WEEK SO WE DON'T WORRY - Chat or JCI (just checking in)
5. ALL ROUND 1 POSTCARDS 6 x 4.25 inches/DIFFERENT DESIGNS OR SAME
6 YOU WILL DESIGN THE FRONT AND DESIGNATE SPACE ON THE BACK FOR WRITING AND ADDRESSING( AS SIMPLE AS A LINE DOWN THE MIDDLE ON THE BACK OR MORE ORNATE IF U CHOOSE, LIKE A BORDER ETC.)THE WORD POSTCARD MUST APPEAR AT THE TOP ON THE BACK IN THE MIDDLE (STAMPED, HAND-WRITTEN, ETC.)
PLEASE READ RULE #7 VERY CAREFULLY (Re: Contact Information/Removal from Swap)
7. PM HOME ADDRESS AND EMAIL ADDRESS OR PHONE NUMBER TO PARTNER AND HOSTESS NO LATER THAN FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 12 INCLUSIVE. THERE WILL BE A 2 DAY GRACE PERIOD OVER THE WEEKEND. CONTACT INFORMATION NOT RECEIVED BY SEPTEMBER 15 WILL WARRANT YOUR REMOVAL FROM THE SWAP UNLESS THERE ARE EXTENUATING CIRCUMSTANCES COMMUNICATED TO AND ACCEPTED BY THE HOSTESS. YOU WILL STILL BE ABLE TO SIGN UP FOR SUBSEQUENT MONTHS AND OR ROUNDS.

**********************************************************************************************
OPEN: Sign ups for Round 1: SEPTEMBER OCTOBER NOVEMBER ( You may sign up for 1, 2 or 3 months)

MAILING DEADLINE: 30th of each month
***********************************************************************************************
Wub Wub Wub Wub Wub Fabulous Swapper List:Wub Wub Wub Wub Wub
***********************************************************************************************
SEPT 5 Halloween Cards, 6 x 4.25,( Design open ) MAIL DATE: 9/30

KM,Rhonda,Carol,Patti,Friend958,BethAnn,MOgoggingirl,Evelyn,LoriSjogren,Kiethan,JeanP
Davelor, , SaraA, Hodmom,,DeniseE,ScrappinGwen,Jenny Dennis,albrennic,
GrannyAnne,MsChewie,Beverly, MariaJ

OCT 5 Thanksgiving Cards , Size : 6 x 4.25 or 6 x 4 ( Design with at least 1 border somewhere on the card )
MAIL DATE: 10/30

KM,Rhonda,Carol,Evelyn,LoriSjogren,Keithan,Madhatter,SaraA,Hodmom,JennyDennis,GrannyAnne,Beverl Albrennic,Patti,MariaJ,Eyelet,GoneScrappin,Cricut Crazy, MOgoggingirl

NOV 5 Christmas, Hannuka, Kwanza etc. Cards, Size: Artist Choice/5 mini 3.5 or maxi 6 x 11.5 Design w/ribbon or washi tape or
both) MAIL DATE: 11/30

KM,Carol, Evelyn,LoriSjogren,Keithan,JeanP, ,SaraA,Hodmom, JennyDennis,
albrennic,Beverly, GrannyAnne,Patti,MariaJ,Gone Scrappin,MOgoggingirl
SEPTEMBER PARTNERS:
1. KM and LoriS/Beverly
2. Carol and Patti
3. Patti and Carol
4. Friend958 and Scrappin Gwen
5. BethAnn and JennyDennis
6. MOgoggingirl and MariaJ
7. Evelyn and Hodmom
8. Maria J and MOgoggingirl
9. Keithan and Davelor
10. JeanP and SaraA
11. Rhonda and Albrennick
12. JeanP and GrannyAnne/SaraA
13. GrannyAnne and Jean P
14. Hodmom and Evelyn
15. Davelor and Keithan
16. DeniseE and Ms. Chewie
17. ScrappinGwen and Friend958
18. JennyDennis and BethAnn
19. Albrennick and Rhonda
20. Ms.Chewie and Denise
21. LoriS and KM
22. Beverly and KM

SEPTEMBER FPPSFFS

You will make 5 Fabulous Halloween Postcards and swap them with your partner.

MAILING DEADLINE: 30th of each month

OCTOBER FPPSFFS

You will make 5 Fabulous Thanksgiving Postcards.

MAILING DEADLINE: October 30

NOVEMBER FPPSFFS

You will make 5 Fabulous Christmas(Hanukah, Kwanza etc )Postcards. Check with your partner to see which kind they would like, how many of each etc.

MAILING DEADLINE: November 30

********************** THEMES AND DETAILS TO BE ANNOUNCED ***********************************

ROUND 2 DECEMBER, JANUARY, FEBRUARY

ROUND 3 MARCH APRIL, MAY,

ROUND 4 JUNE JULY AUGUST

Edited by user Saturday, October 04, 2014 7:38:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: THAT WILL BE MY LITTLE SECRET :)

KauaiMelody Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, September 01, 2014 5:22:20 PM(UTC)
KauaiMelody

RESERVED FOR HOSTESS

SOURCES OF INSPIRATION 4 U
9/6

Also, here is a link for images of backs of Postcards:

https://www.google.com/s...amp;biw=1067&bih=465

FREE POSTCARD BACK PRINTABLES ( I think I saw a spider and web on one of these!!! )
https://www.google.com/s...amp;biw=1067&bih=465

Great DIY Postcard tutorial site:
http://pradaforbreakfast...make-handmade-postcards/

Pinterest DIY POSTCARDS - zillions of creative examples/mixed media
http://www.pinterest.com/ihanna/diy-postcards/

Made these for a swap - Notice back of postcards for both sets ( Disney and Asian)

Fun and Whimsical - Double cardstock ATG'D then Mod Podged with flowers,die cut butterflies and ribbon (stamped back with "Postcard"), used corner rounder

Fancy Schmancy - Beautiful Asian Stickers on Gold and Silver Painted Postcards (Strathmore Water Color Paper)

Watch this youtube video - just click on link below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Wm1bwaXv_o
KM - SHE DOESN'T KNOW ABOUT THE CRICUT FOR DESIGNS/LETTERING -JUST THINK WHAT U COULD DO WITH YOUR MACHINE AND CUTTLEBUG!!!
I DO LIKE HER WATERCOLOR IDEA AND STRATHMORE WATERCOLOR PAPER IS A GOOD CHOICE FOR POSTCARDS.

Google images : Halloween Postcards Vintage
KM - LOVE VINTAGE, BUT THESE COULD TRANSLATE,WITH CREATIVE TWEAKING, INTO STEAMPUNK, SHABBY CHIC, ETC.

Also -
OODLES AND OODLES OF PICS ON PINTEREST!!! Just click on link below http://www.pinterest.com...rds&rs=ac&len=19

Google: DIY postcards,etc (Check Google Images too )

Search youtube for handmade postcards, Diy postcards etc.

Look at lots of Halloween Cards to get your Creative Scary Mojo activated. . .

Edited by user Saturday, September 06, 2014 8:52:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked KauaiMelody for this useful post.
DeniseE on 9/6/2014(UTC)
Miss Whimsy aka Carol Klink Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, September 01, 2014 5:26:51 PM(UTC)
Miss Whimsy aka Carol Klink

United States

Was thanked: 135 time(s) in 116 post(s)
Hope I'm the 1st signee-ha. Not sure what I'm doing but sure you will fill us in, so I'm in for Round 1. It is pretty presumptuous of me to think I'm "fabulous", but if I don't think that who will?

Thank You! Carol K

Edited by user Monday, September 01, 2014 5:32:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

KauaiMelody Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, September 01, 2014 6:05:20 PM(UTC)
KauaiMelody

Yay Carol - you are the first one, and indeed you are fabulous. . . your inner self was telling you this, even if you didn't know it at first, and that was why you signed up.

Here to help u with anything u need - off to sign you in so u can have the well earned and deserved first place listing. LOL
golfingrams Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, September 01, 2014 6:15:50 PM(UTC)
golfingrams

Was thanked: 559 time(s) in 491 post(s)
KM - what exactly do you mean by "post card". Of course I'm fabulous, just ask my darling grand children. Hugs Patti
KauaiMelody Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, September 01, 2014 6:37:44 PM(UTC)
KauaiMelody

Hi Patti . . . these are like the postcards you would send if you were on a fabulous trip and write WISH U WERE HERE, just to rub it in. You definitely qualify in the fabulous department, I checked with your grandkids, so I will add you unless I hear otherwise.Love

Check out youtube for examples. I have a site that I will be posting that has some wonderful postcard ideas for inspiration.

You will design the front of the postcard and define a space on the back for your partner to write a message and also a space for her to address it to someone. Sometimes the back is divided in half with just a line in the middle

Edited by user Monday, September 01, 2014 9:59:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

iammrshinton Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, September 01, 2014 7:14:16 PM(UTC)
iammrshinton

Was thanked: 79 time(s) in 65 post(s)
I almost didn't sign up because Im not so sure I'm fabulous, then I thought that maybe there is a "fabulous group" on here, and this swap is only open to them, in which case, i'm a fabulous dork! Scared

But, dork or not, I'm throwing my name in the ring! Please sign me up for Round 1... thanks!

BethAnn

Edited by user Monday, September 01, 2014 7:44:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

golfingrams Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, September 01, 2014 7:29:58 PM(UTC)
golfingrams

We are all fabulous in our own ways. Okay KM this will be cool. You all just come up with such awesome ideas for swaps. We create and we learn. I love it. Thank you for the nice words KM as I don't think of myself as awesome. Now you are an awesome designer. Hugs Patti
golfingrams Offline
#9 Posted : Monday, September 01, 2014 7:45:08 PM(UTC)
golfingrams

One more question KM, are these to be all the same like with our card swap. Fun fun Hugs Patti
Friend958 Offline
#10 Posted : Monday, September 01, 2014 8:03:22 PM(UTC)
Friend958

Was thanked: 414 time(s) in 330 post(s)
More questions. So I'm thinking since they are ment to be mailed you wouldn't want anything that could fall off such as die cuts.
KauaiMelody Offline
#11 Posted : Monday, September 01, 2014 8:09:12 PM(UTC)
KauaiMelody

Originally Posted by: Friend958 Go to Quoted Post
More questions. So I'm thinking since they are ment to be mailed you wouldn't want anything that could fall off such as die cuts.

Hi Friend958 - now u r starting to think like a good DIY Postcard maker - considering how they will hold up in the mail. So you could use die cuts if you used fabulous adhesive techniques, like you could glue them down, and then go over it with mod podge for example.

I can tell u are fabulous already by the way you have thought this through - I will add u to September with a question mark until I hear otherwiseBigGrin

Edited by user Monday, September 01, 2014 9:46:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

KauaiMelody Offline
#12 Posted : Monday, September 01, 2014 8:17:13 PM(UTC)
KauaiMelody

Originally Posted by: iammrshinton Go to Quoted Post
I almost didn't sign up because Im not so sure I'm fabulous, then I thought that maybe there is a "fabulous group" on here, and this swap is only open to them, in which case, i'm a fabulous dork! Scared

But, dork or not, I'm throwing my name in the ring! Please sign me up for Round 1... thanks!

BethAnn

I love it - a fabulous dork - that's me too!!!LOL So if I am in, you're in too.
Welcome to our Fabulous SwapLOL
iammrshinton on 9/2/2014(UTC)
KauaiMelody Offline
#13 Posted : Monday, September 01, 2014 8:21:55 PM(UTC)
KauaiMelody

Patti,thank u for such kind words. I think this will be so much fun and yes, we will all learn too by sharing , asking questions, and just dishing. I can't wait to see what our group comes up with. Because you have been accepted into this swap, u are now officially awesome Wink

The 5 cards can be all the same or different. U can also check with your partner for input regarding this.

Edited by user Monday, September 01, 2014 8:35:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

KauaiMelody Offline
#14 Posted : Tuesday, September 02, 2014 12:33:00 AM(UTC)
KauaiMelody

OK ladies, if u r peeking at this swap and think it might be fun, jump on board.

All questions are welcome and we encourage learning, sharing and dishing. . .and of course, crafting and inspiring our creative mojos.

Make 5 postcards for your partner, and get 5 back - it's as easy as that.BigGrin

Edited by user Tuesday, September 02, 2014 12:41:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Friend958 Offline
#15 Posted : Tuesday, September 02, 2014 9:24:13 AM(UTC)
Friend958

Originally Posted by: KauaiMelody Go to Quoted Post
Hi Friend958 - now u r starting to think like a good DIY Postcard maker - considering how they will hold up in the mail. So you could use die cuts if you used fabulous adhesive techniques, like you could glue them down, and then go over it with mod podge for example.

I can tell u are fabulous already by the way you have thought this through - I will add u to September with a question mark until I hear otherwiseBigGrin

I'll join even though I have no idea what to do. Might try out gelatos. Plus I have no idea how to post a picture. I will try to be fabulous.

KauaiMelody Offline
#16 Posted : Tuesday, September 02, 2014 10:12:16 AM(UTC)
KauaiMelody

Yay Friend, glad u r with us officially now. I am very intriqued by the gelatos. Interested in seeing how these work - they even sound yummy. Trying is all you need but I believe u have attained this and that is why you are hereThumpUp

As for photos,I suggest you join photobucket, as that is how I do it and can help you with this . Basically, photobucket will allow you to search your computer for pics and then upload them to your libray. From there you click on the pic and to the right you will see the image code . You just click on that and it will copy. You then just paste it right into the cricut reply box. The picture will be embedded along with your comments. It is also nice to have photobucket because it keeps a record for you of your work. You can even learn to edit your pics, just play around with it, and soon it will become easy peasy.

Now, I know Cricut Crazy has another method, perhaps swappers here can share their chosen method. Anyone browsing here, feel free to jump in and let us know how you like to post your handicrafts. . . .
iammrshinton on 9/2/2014(UTC)
golfingrams Offline
#17 Posted : Tuesday, September 02, 2014 5:55:58 PM(UTC)
golfingrams

KM I think this is going to be so much fun, please sign me up for all. Can the base have a fancy edge or just straight line edges like the real ones. Could make 2 layers I guess and make one fancy.

WHAT IS GELATO - LIKE MODGE PODGE??

Hugs Patti

Edited by user Tuesday, September 02, 2014 6:18:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MOgoggingirl Offline
#18 Posted : Tuesday, September 02, 2014 7:48:06 PM(UTC)
MOgoggingirl

United States

Was thanked: 471 time(s) in 411 post(s)
Melody, I want to join the Sept swap for sure! I am debating Oct and Nov.

I think I'm fabulous but that sounds conceited. I guess I am a conceited fabulous person!BigGrin Wink

Looking forward to trying this swap out!Razz
KauaiMelody Offline
#19 Posted : Tuesday, September 02, 2014 8:19:01 PM(UTC)
KauaiMelody

Originally Posted by: MOgoggingirl Go to Quoted Post
Melody, I want to join the Sept swap for sure! I am debating Oct and Nov.

I think I'm fabulous but that sounds conceited. I guess I am a conceited fabulous person!BigGrin Wink

Looking forward to trying this swap out!Razz

How's my favorite fabulous MOgoggingirl - I think knowing u r fabulous is half the battle - not conceited at all. Was hoping you'd jump on board!!! I will put u down for September, and then u can see if u can do October and Novermber. You have until the 7th of each month to decide, so no worries. I knew we had a fabulous group here, but now that u r with us, we are a super fabulous groupLove

Edited by user Tuesday, September 02, 2014 8:58:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Friend958 Offline
#20 Posted : Wednesday, September 03, 2014 9:23:22 AM(UTC)
Friend958

Watched some youtube and goggled homemaker postcard. One gal was using water color paper that had the postcard stuff print on it. Hope to go to Michael's Friday to see if they have any such thing.
Has anyone check the post office site for guideline/requirement?
Kiethann Offline
#21 Posted : Wednesday, September 03, 2014 9:33:43 AM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States
Location: master questionair page 16 post 465 new MQ page 1 post 6

Was thanked: 809 time(s) in 619 post(s)
Sitting on the fence on this one.
Friend958 Offline
#22 Posted : Wednesday, September 03, 2014 9:45:44 AM(UTC)
Friend958

Originally Posted by: Kiethann Go to Quoted Post

Just do it!
KauaiMelody Offline
#23 Posted : Wednesday, September 03, 2014 10:57:22 AM(UTC)
KauaiMelody

Originally Posted by: Kiethann Go to Quoted Post

Kiethann, you are just too fabulous to be sitting on the fence.

I think u should get off that fencepost and try SeptemberLOL LOL LOL
People would get a kick out of receiving Halloween Post cards from you.

KauaiMelody Offline
#24 Posted : Wednesday, September 03, 2014 11:00:34 AM(UTC)
KauaiMelody

Originally Posted by: Friend958 Go to Quoted Post
Watched some youtube and goggled homemaker postcard. One gal was using water color paper that had the postcard stuff print on it. Hope to go to Michael's Friday to see if they have any such thing.
Has anyone check the post office site for guideline/requirement?

You are on it Friend!!!

Now I read where Standard First Class Postcards measure 6 x 4.25 and thought it would be good to start with these.

Later down the road, we can push the envelope - ahem - I mean postcard, and tease the system with unusual ones that are outside of the box. Some of these get through when they are handled directly at the post office. I received one that was adhesive, all shaggy fur on one side!!!
iammrshinton Offline
#25 Posted : Wednesday, September 03, 2014 11:09:08 AM(UTC)
iammrshinton

Was thanked: 79 time(s) in 65 post(s)
Originally Posted by: KauaiMelody Go to Quoted Post
Kiethann, you are just too fabulous to be sitting on the fence.

I think u should get off that fencepost and try SeptemberLOL LOL LOL
People would get a kick out of receiving Halloween Post cards from you.

Oh, just fall on over to this side!OhMyGod
KauaiMelody Offline
#26 Posted : Wednesday, September 03, 2014 11:26:05 AM(UTC)
KauaiMelody

Beth Ann, you sneak around the fence and grab her ankles real stealth like, Friend, you give a little tug, and I will tickle Kiethann from behind with my little Halloween stick, until she succumbs and signs up for September, and maybe October and November as well. . . READY SET GO TEAM!!!
iammrshinton on 9/4/2014(UTC)
golfingrams Offline
#27 Posted : Wednesday, September 03, 2014 12:18:03 PM(UTC)
golfingrams

I totally agree, Kiethann you are totally fabulous so get off that fence. I will help the gang also. So come on and join me my dear fabulous friend. Hugs Patti
KauaiMelody Offline
#28 Posted : Wednesday, September 03, 2014 4:27:57 PM(UTC)
KauaiMelody

Way to go Patti, I knew we could count on you too.
KauaiMelody Offline
#29 Posted : Wednesday, September 03, 2014 4:31:29 PM(UTC)
KauaiMelody

Such nice welcoming ladies here. . .
EvelynRobinson2 Offline
#30 Posted : Wednesday, September 03, 2014 4:33:54 PM(UTC)
EvelynRobinson2

Was thanked: 160 time(s) in 143 post(s)
Oh my, I love this idea! I didn't see this swap until today. This week was busy with the holiday. I would love to sign up if there's room for one more.

Thanks so much.
Evelyn