Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

JeanniePhillips Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 05, 2010 7:38:29 AM(UTC)
JeanniePhillips

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 502 time(s) in 322 post(s)
I have been learning on my Knifty Knitter...here are a couple of projects I learned from a book!!.. They taught me so much ...I hope to be able to apply what I learned in these projects into some designs of my own!!... I am having too much fun!!

I was excited about this scarf because I learned how to do a yarn Over (yo) and a Knit Together (ktog)!
Now when I find that in some instructions I can do it!!!

And this may look boaring but I learned how to make perfect ends when I made this pot holder!... again by following written instructions... which is hard for me...I am a visual learner... so this was so exciting to me...and will help me to finish off my two sided scarves, knitted on a long loom, much nicer!

Stitches I now know... E Wrap (EW), Knit (k), Purl (P), Yarn Over (yo), and Knit Together (ktog)... now off to learn a couple more.
TulipCollector Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 05, 2010 8:05:06 AM(UTC)
TulipCollector

United States

Was thanked: 7222 time(s) in 2516 post(s)
Hi Jeanne. Fabulous. When I tried to reply to your PM it said you weren't registered. Strange since I was just replying to your PM. But here it is!!!

Oh yeah! Hats with flowers. My niece told me her baby was going to be a pumpkin for Halloween and could I make her an orange headband. So I made her an orange headband with leaves. Then...I got the brilliant idea thanks to you to knit her an orange cap with leaves on the top. So now she has day wear and evening wear!

My daughter and her husband are gonna try for baby #2 pretty soon and I am praying it will require lots of pink!!!!! I am very close to my 3YO grandson but I am a girly girl at heart. So, I have been adding to my future granddaughters stash. I have sewn a bunch of things for the layette and now I am knitting white caps with different colored flowers. I love babies in white.

I need to work on some adult sized hats. Our high school team is black and gold, the little youth team is red and white and my Bruins are blue and gold. I need my spirit wear in all colors.

Thank you again. I have had those looms since they first came out and never even opened them!

Have a great day!

Linda
Snowmanlover Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 05, 2010 8:39:17 AM(UTC)
Snowmanlover

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 135 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Jeannie you are just so full of talent!!

Barb
Please check out my blog for huge clearance sales today!
GrannyAnne Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 05, 2010 10:11:25 AM(UTC)
GrannyAnne

United States

Was thanked: 4158 time(s) in 1478 post(s)
Jeannie - what book did you use for these? I am just starting with my knitter and want to learn all I can.
JeanniePhillips Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 05, 2010 12:41:34 PM(UTC)
JeanniePhillips

Was thanked: 502 time(s) in 322 post(s)
GrannyAnne wrote:
Jeannie - what book did you use for these? I am just starting with my knitter and want to learn all I can.

I used the purple long knitter that comes in a package by itself... I did all 18 pegs ... both sides... and I did 23 rows... for the pot holder...

I used the same loom for the scarf...

I got the book at Wal Mart...it is there with the knifty knitters... it has a cd.. which was very dissapointing..it show how to cast on and do the e-wrap sticth and that is all... but I used the instructions in the book for the scarf and for the pot holder...I am going to try and do all the things in the book... so when I finish I will know a little more about what I am doing.... I dream about knitting... how silly is that!!!

I took me 6 times starting over to understand the scarf directions...but finally I got it... now to try the boggin to match... haven't gotten brave enough yet so I have beeen making new born hats instead...those are just fun!!...and so fast ... now I need a newborn!!!

Hugs
Jeannie
GrannyAnne Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 6:22:07 AM(UTC)
GrannyAnne

United States

Was thanked: 4158 time(s) in 1478 post(s)
Thanks for the info Jeannie. I'm gonna see if I can get the book & loom.