Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

cosmos Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 3:44:26 PM(UTC)
cosmos

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 22 post(s)
microscopic pics for Lite and Solution cartridges. We really need better pics.

I love the Dude cartridge but am I the only one that needs a bigger image. They are really detailed but the pic is just awful.

Oh and is it just me or are the layers incorrect. Like the ATV1 shows image + image + image + image = finished product. If I follow those directions and layers then it is wrong. It should be image 1 is the top, image 4 next, then image 2 then image 3.

Love the cartridge but it is really hard to think about what colors goes where without it being very time consuming and frustrating. End product is awesome. But REALLY it shouldn't be this hard.

Please review your leaflets and consider larger images and correct layering.

If I am wrong please please correct me. I would rather be corrected than frustrated.

Thanks
 3 users thanked cosmos for this useful post.
tjbaby on 11/6/2010(UTC), NotGoingGreyGracefully on 11/6/2010(UTC), gmcwife1 on 4/17/2011(UTC)
tjbaby Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 06, 2010 6:12:42 PM(UTC)
tjbaby

Location: Not the end of the world but you can see it from here.

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 42 post(s)
I agree. I had to cut the same image out like 9 times to get it right. And the pictures are so so little. How expensive is that paper you print the instructions on?!!
NotGoingGreyGracefully Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 06, 2010 7:02:04 PM(UTC)
NotGoingGreyGracefully

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 801 time(s) in 451 post(s)
I have the same problem with other Lite carts. Like the Lacy Labels, I chose one label and decided the colors (teal label, lime green border, pink flowers) and when I cut it out, the flowers were snowflakes and there were three different sizes that had to go in just the right places. I had to redesign the whole thing to get snowflakes white, or light blue or silver and look good with the label and border colors.

And there is a programming error on the Bloom cart. I reported it, and got sent another cart with the same problem (frame 4). I wonder if I will get a corrected cart if they ever fix the error.

But for the most part, after I figure out these little glitches, I like the Lites. I just wish I knew what I was cutting before i cut it most of the time.
PhotoPhreak Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 06, 2010 7:35:44 PM(UTC)
PhotoPhreak

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
NotGoingGreyGracefully wrote:
I have the same problem with other Lite carts. Like the Lacy Labels.....I like the Lites. I just wish I knew what I was cutting before i cut it most of the time.

I was using the Lacy Labels tonight and also got frustrated with the micro pictures they 'try' to show you. Had to ask DH if I was cutting the right thing.

Really ProvoCraft, please change the insert cards. Just because the cartridge is less expensive than the full size carts, shouldn't mean that a buyer should have to use a MAGNIFYING GLASS to see what is to be cut!
CandyHazzard Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, November 06, 2010 7:57:53 PM(UTC)
CandyHazzard

Canada

Was thanked: 191 time(s) in 171 post(s)
I was complaining to myself today about the same thing for the solutions ... and what's even worse is if you download from the web site, the quality is so poor you can't even enlarge it on your computer
CarrolMills Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 24, 2010 7:42:05 PM(UTC)
CarrolMills

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 20 post(s)
I totally agree with everyone else. Folks should remember that not everyone has the best of eyes. For crying out loud, is it really that difficult to enlarge those images a bit ?!?
shortscrapper Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, November 27, 2010 2:39:12 AM(UTC)
shortscrapper

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I'm so-o-o-o-o with you on this one! It would be nice if Provocraft added a few more pages to their insert in order to make the diagrams larger. Especially with those cuts that have tiny pieces that layer.
Scrappy Tinman Offline
#8 Posted : Saturday, November 27, 2010 6:20:24 AM(UTC)
Scrappy Tinman

Was thanked: 55 time(s) in 49 post(s)
I agree.... Please give us larger images and better instructions.
pookie1 Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, December 02, 2010 1:11:10 PM(UTC)
pookie1

Was thanked: 181 time(s) in 135 post(s)
yes, I seem to be having the same issue with these lite as well. I just tried cutting on JH, the mail box and it was so confusing...also tried to d/l form the web site, I too had issues.
pookie
Annmbj Offline
#10 Posted : Saturday, December 04, 2010 8:05:08 AM(UTC)
Annmbj

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I'm with you all on this... I waste so much time and paper trying to get these images figured out. And, it isn't 100% intuitive, in terms of figuring out which buttons to push to get which images. These cartridges aren't that much cheaper than the standard cartridges, and the cases are nicer. So, why not spend a bit of extra money to improve the documentation that supports the cartridge? If it was easier to use, sales would increase (because we'd be thrilled), and ProvoCraft would make up that lost expense on the improved directions... just a thought...
barbara mcconville Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 11:53:03 AM(UTC)
barbara mcconville

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 50 post(s)
hi...i agree with all of you but it isn't just the lites! i have some of the licensed carts, like TOY STORY! my 2yr grandson loves buzz lightyear. so....being the good grandma, i made buzz for him. i did him sort of large, i think abt 9inches and i had to scan the pic from the book and englarge it on my computer to figure out where everything went! ugh!!! i bought batman and i'm sure it will be the same. we spend enough money on these, couldn't the pics be just a little LARGER!!!
thanks for letting me vent!
NancyThigpen Offline
#12 Posted : Sunday, February 13, 2011 7:44:39 AM(UTC)
NancyThigpen

Was thanked: 904 time(s) in 867 post(s)
I agree with all that's said- I'd rather pay more for the layers- I don't like not having facial features. You get the person made, then have a blank face, no features.