Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
TheSilentScrapper Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2010 9:33:53 AM(UTC)
TheSilentScrapper

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 26 post(s)
Hello. Recently I have had Christmas on my mind because I make about 1/3 of my gifts, some appreciate homemade items, some don't. During the holidays many go to openhouses for Christmas, get togethers and so on. You may have been caught at the last minute to find a gift for a hostess, neighbor or unexpected guest and many visitors etc give their hosts or hostesses a small gift to thank them for their hospitality. Many of us are on a budget, and the holidays can set many people back financially. If this sounds like you or someone you know, then this is your swap. Instead of the SS being Secret Sister, it can be special sister.

During this challenge, you will be given an "as*ignment" to make/create something special for your partner to give away when the time comes. I will try and keep each project under $5.00 ( I know this sounds like alot when you times it my 12, but many people have items to use to create beautiful works of art.) Be creative in your design and supplies, recently I have started to make altered toilet paper rolls and turned them into gift card holders, Candy/trinket gifts, napkin holders and much more. If you are like me, you make one for your partner and then one for yoursel. By the end of the 12 weeks you will ship your package to your partner. This is a great way to use up some of extra stash, leftovers and so on.

Since I will be posting ahead of time all the challenges, please carefully read challenge requirements. All I ask is that you do your best work because your works of art will not only help your partner in gift giving but bless a complete stranger. For any "difficult" thing I will try and describe wHat I am talking about.

Signups will close on August 22, 2010. Monday the challenge will begin (Aug. 23). Partners will be posted on August 22, 2010.

I understand that life may deal you a bad hand and you may need to drop out, all I ask is that you contact your as*igned partner as well as me, the hostess. You will need to your package shipped by the middle of the due week. Since this is a challenge swap and knowing in advance that your gifts will be passed on, please use your time wisely. Some weeks you may be so busy that you don't get to that week's swap, but there is hope that you will finish the missed week the following week. Below are your challenges, dates and all. Again remember these will be smaller gifts to give and to give at a moment notice. This doesn't mean to make your challenge swap at the end because your partner will get anxious. Communication is key. Please contact your partner as soon as you get their info just to say hi or to ask questions. About 1/2 of your challenges you will or should use your cricut machine, please ****emble all pieces and label each item for what week your item was found.

In the Spirit of Christmas/ Hannukah, all I ask is that everyone have fun, be honest, and keep the Christmas spirit as happy as a marshmallo in a cup of hot chocolate . If you finish early I am sure that your partner will love it. I I have a cousin who has gone through a tough time always asked to post pics and I have issues with uploading pics because they never seem to show up when they are have to be addressed. I will try and find links to each swap week for examples. Who wants to play?

Week 1 (August 23-29) :Make 8- 4 1/2 inch x 5 inches matching Everyday stationary or quotes (Make sure you include envies), perhaps you could tie this up with a pretty ribbon and place in plastic baggy so your beautiful art won't get destroyed.( belive those are correct sizes could be wrong though)

Week 2 (August 30- Sept, 5): Altered item- could alter most everything like children's board books, bench, shelf, paint can, mailbox, hope that helps.

Week 3 (Sept 6-12)Christmas ornament (wooden, ceramic, polymer clay)

Week 4:(Sept. 13-19 ) Make a necklace or bracelet with a pendant of some sort

Week 5: ( Sept. 20-26) Christmas themed paper bag book using 5 folded paperbags. (I have examples on my blog)

Week 6: (Sept. 27-Oct. 3) Make 8 Christmas tags (various sizes) using at least 2 elements and good cardstock, use things like ribbon, charms, beads, bling and so on.

Week 7: (October 4-10) Alter a photo album that is about 5"x7 inches, basically to hold 4"x6" pics. (Your partner can put photos in to give that to older family members and so on.

Week 8:(Oct. 11-17) Alter an Apron. (Make one, or buy)

Week 9: (Octoberl 18-24) Alter a wooden clipboard and include a pad of paper.

Week 10: (October 25-31) Alter a Christmas Stocking any color etc, can even be hand made and fill it with some scrapbooking goodies for your partner. Add things that you love to use while you do crafting. - Examples for fillers: brads, candy, bling, glues, paper, ribbon and fibers, pens, etc. Please add about $20.00 worth of Scrapbooking/cardmaking, altering stuff.

Week 11: (Nov. 1-7) Cookie in a Jar mix (please use a a sturdy perhaps a plastic jar for shipping. Please include the instructions and the recipe with the jar. Decorate the lid and tie or use ribbon around the base. Please make sure you mark all ingredients so that people with food allergies are aware. Of course you do not add things like butter, oil, eggs, peanut butter, etc. You supply the jar, and layer your ingredients according to recipe like sugar, flour, raisons, oatmeal, brown sugar, chocolate chips etc. A great site with recipes: http://organizedchristmas.com

Week 12: (Nov, 8-14) Surprise Gift. Use your imagination.

If you would rather make something else on a week, please contact your partner. These will be Christmas gift for them to give out, so please put your best work forward.

You may have 2 spots, but just make sure you do the same thing for each and ship in a timely manner. You may even want to check your partners wish list. I can always post a questionaire for you all to fill out and post. Please send your package by Nov. 21. Thanks. Don't be afraid to ask questions.

1. thesilentscrapper

2.JessicaMacDougall

3.laurahunter

4.Scrappin_RN

5. alteredscrapper

6. thesilentscrapper

7.MissySmith

8.Rigleesmom

9.DawnJack

10.DaniIsMimisMommy

PARTNERS:

thesilentscrapper and ClaudiaCatalan

DaniIsMimisMommy and DawnJack

alteredscrapper and MissySmith

JessicaMacDougall and Rigleesmom

laurahunter and thesilentscrapper

< Message edited by TheSilentScrapper -- 8/29/2010 6:19:51 PM >

Edited by user Thursday, November 25, 2010 1:29:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DawnJack Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2010 11:48:09 AM(UTC)
DawnJack

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 42 post(s)
JCI - Hello DaniIsMimisMommy - hope all is well with you!

Have a great week everyone!

Dawn Jack
 1 user thanked DawnJack for this useful post.
TheSilentScrapper on 10/17/2010(UTC)
nomore Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2010 2:58:47 PM(UTC)
nomore

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Yeah! Good to see you Erica! I hope life has calmed down for you! Going to a scrapbook retreat this weekend. Can't wait leaving tomorrow.
 1 user thanked nomore for this useful post.
laurahunter Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2010 3:10:31 PM(UTC)
laurahunter

Was thanked: 321 time(s) in 299 post(s)
I am working on these but am a little behind. Things have greatly settled down in my life. I am happy to say EVERYTHING has worked out great.BigGrinAs soon as I thought I was overwhelmed and gave it all to God, things really turned around. I wonder how many times I'll have to learn this lesson . Erica you and your family are in my prayers, keep the faith !

Your partner, Laura
 1 user thanked laurahunter for this useful post.
scrappinginwonderland Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2010 3:21:02 PM(UTC)
scrappinginwonderland

Was thanked: 42 time(s) in 15 post(s)
So glad to see you are on the new board! JCI!
 1 user thanked scrappinginwonderland for this useful post.
laurahunter Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, October 17, 2010 1:17:30 PM(UTC)
laurahunter

Happy Sunday !!!!!

Erica, I have a quick question. How do you feel about alcohol ? It is about time for me to make my annual batch of Kahluha. My Mom made it every year to give as a gift. I was hoping to get this done in time for this swap. i didn't want to include the kahluha if it would offend you or you were trying to stay away from alcohol.

Hope things are going well for you.

Laura
#7 Posted : Sunday, October 17, 2010 2:05:11 PM(UTC)
TheSilentScrapper

Hello group. Hope all is well with anyone. I am slowly catching on with the new MB format although it gets old to have to keep logging in. Not sure why that is. Anyway, how is everyone's projects going?

Claudia and Laura: I apologizea again for the MIA. I am back again, and fully creating...But then again how could one really stop. I bought a great magazine this week, it was about $6.00 and full of ideas. Ladies (whole group) if you haven't seen it you should thumb through it the next time you go to the store. Lots and lots of unique, reasonable, but very special gifts to make, give, or to have as your decor. I am really hoping you 2 like everything. I am almost done. I sewed up the stockings and like how they turned out. I know I could do alittle Twi things, but wanted a general approach to many gifts (hope that is ok) I love what I am making and of course it is: one for you, one for claudia, one for me....and so on. Isn't that the way it always is? BTW, you will be getting a few cuts and LO's I have made recently. I really loved the cookbook that Donna Schnees hosted. What a fab. Job. Laura: Hope all is well with the kids and other life factors (been there alot recently but the clouds are slowly moving), I was feeling a little burnt out for a bit, but whoooooo hooooooo I am back world!!!! Watch out...LOL BigGrin BigGrin Ok. Now that was probaby really wild. Claudia: Totally appreciate 100 percent all of the extra effort you have done on my behalf, you are on the mind pedestal and so love you now. I haven't been there as much as I'd like to any of you, it is not because I have not wanted to talk or communicate or pm each, life has a way of holding you down and making you face things you may not always want to face. I think I may (crossing my fingers very tightly) taking a break from swaps once I am done with my current swaps both hosting and participating in. (But then again, who really knows with me just want to be able to give my time to those who want and need it).

Yes, Laura I do have liquor or wines from time to time. Josh loves Khalua, plus I love mudslides.

I am very excited again for both of you to get your packages. Oh, also (Group member and others: when PC changed their format all my contact info that was in my PM box was deleted, so I am missing many people's info, names etc. If you'd like please send them to me, I can always be contacted on FB as well: Erica M Kadrmas.)
#8 Posted : Sunday, October 17, 2010 2:06:26 PM(UTC)
TheSilentScrapper

Laura: This means more to me than you know. I am glad things are going better. Seems like it affected many: Life....

laurahunter wrote:
I am working on these but am a little behind. Things have greatly settled down in my life. I am happy to say EVERYTHING has worked out great.BigGrinAs soon as I thought I was overwhelmed and gave it all to God, things really turned around. I wonder how many times I'll have to learn this lesson . Erica you and your family are in my prayers, keep the faith !

Your partner, Laura

#9 Posted : Sunday, October 17, 2010 2:07:56 PM(UTC)
TheSilentScrapper

BigGrin You too, took long enough right? hehe
alteredscrapper wrote:
So glad to see you are on the new board! JCI!

#10 Posted : Sunday, October 17, 2010 2:10:44 PM(UTC)
TheSilentScrapper

LOL LOL LOL BigGrin Laura, I love you. This is not offensive at all. Totally understand the questions thought. I am probably one of the least to have a problem with that, now if it were diet coke.....

This would be great. Will or won't it be hard to ship? BTW, Are you all shipping via USPS or UPS? My boxes are getting bigger by the day, wasn't sure what is the best to go: Flat rate, parcel post, ups....
laurahunter wrote:
Happy Sunday !!!!!

Erica, I have a quick question. How do you feel about alcohol ? It is about time for me to make my annual batch of Kahluha. My Mom made it every year to give as a gift. I was hoping to get this done in time for this swap. i didn't want to include the kahluha if it would offend you or you were trying to stay away from alcohol.

Hope things are going well for you.

Laura

#11 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2010 6:56:36 AM(UTC)
TheSilentScrapper

JCI. Hello. Happy Monday Ladies. Well looks like I got the kids cold/flu. I did most of the sorting last night, and will ship as soon as the other pkgs. get here. No fun being sick. DH is out of town. So, it was a good idea when I stocked up on C. Chicken noodle soup. Prefer homemade but who really wants to cook if they are not feeling better.
I will take some pics of all the ITT's and I think you will all be pleased. All of you have such great and wonderful talent. It has been a privlige getting to know you all and being able to enjoy your works of art. Hope you all have a great day. Now off for a nap. Mail comes around noon so I will do a full update at that time. Thanks again.
#12 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2010 6:57:38 AM(UTC)
TheSilentScrapper

Why on earth would PC make us wait to do a further reply and make you wait? Not loving that at all.

TheSilentScrapper wrote:
JCI. Hello. Happy Monday Ladies. Well looks like I got the kids cold/flu. I did most of the sorting last night, and will ship as soon as the other pkgs. get here. No fun being sick. DH is out of town. So, it was a good idea when I stocked up on C. Chicken noodle soup. Prefer homemade but who really wants to cook if they are not feeling better.
I will take some pics of all the ITT's and I think you will all be pleased. All of you have such great and wonderful talent. It has been a privlige getting to know you all and being able to enjoy your works of art. Hope you all have a great day. Now off for a nap. Mail comes around noon so I will do a full update at that time. Thanks again.

#13 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2010 8:03:51 AM(UTC)
TheSilentScrapper

I am not sure if I mentioned it before but I have a great link to a website that has helped me get organized for the holidays: recipes, gifts, traditions, gift baskets, party favors, etc. http://www.organizedchristmas.com

I hope you find it useful as I have. I make quite a few gifts for those who appreciate it and it may help you $$$ budget. Oh, one more: http://www.flylady.net

I have no vested interest in these sites, just inspiration, creativity, saves money, and gives you way to lift spirts of others. Kindest Regards, Erica
DawnJack Offline
#14 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2010 12:19:57 PM(UTC)
DawnJack

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 42 post(s)
JCI - Have a great week everyone!

Hi DaniIsMimisMommy - hope your having a great week! Life has been crazy the last few weeks!

Dawn Jack
#15 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2010 1:28:53 PM(UTC)
TheSilentScrapper

Dawn, hope things get better for you. I can relate to the craziness of life, but it is finally slowing down. And just think snow perhaps on Wed. It is freezing here.BigGrin

DawnJack wrote:

Hi DaniIsMimisMommy - hope your having a great week! Life has been crazy the last few weeks!

Dawn Jack

DaniIsMimisMommy Offline
#16 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2010 1:32:05 PM(UTC)
DaniIsMimisMommy

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 15 post(s)
DawnJack wrote:

Dawn Jack

Hi Dawn!! It's been crazy over here too! Getting ready for my sister's baby shower...phew!! Saturday can't get here fast enough!! I have to hide all of my Halloween decorations as they don't really go with the "baby girl" zoo animal theme, lol. I've been having a lot of fun working on your gifts, Dawn!! Hope you had an awesome weekend and are having a great start to your week!

Hi Erica! Glad to see you are back. I hope things are getting better with your family. Smile
 1 user thanked DaniIsMimisMommy for this useful post.
TheSilentScrapper on 10/18/2010(UTC)
#17 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2010 3:28:35 PM(UTC)
TheSilentScrapper

Hello and good evening ladies. I know these 2 pages are not part of this swap but I wanted to show you my 2 page LO for the Christmas Jingle Swap. Oh, and the magazine I mentioned earlier is called: BHG Holiday Crafts 2010 $5.99. Hope that can help a few of you. Will be updating my blog tonight (another neglected thing that I vowed to write in every dayLOL ). Hope you are having a swell night.

My 2 page LO song was Winter Wonderland spec. the verse: In the Meadows you can build a snowman. Thanks for looking.

Ok I can not figure out to post pics, if you can help please let me know. Thanks again.
TheSilentScrapper attached the following image(s):
028.JPG
030.JPG
#18 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2010 3:31:17 PM(UTC)
TheSilentScrapper

Thank you DaniIsMimisMommy. I am truly blessed to be back, I did not like the MIA and I am sure many of you may agree. Esp when it seems like people are flaking alot. I have your package ready and it will be postal when we get the last pkg for Halloween ITT. Thanks again. Have a wonderful night. Love your profile pic.

DaniIsMimisMommy wrote:
Hi Dawn!! It's been crazy over here too! Getting ready for my sister's baby shower...phew!! Saturday can't get here fast enough!! I have to hide all of my Halloween decorations as they don't really go with the "baby girl" zoo animal theme, lol. I've been having a lot of fun working on your gifts, Dawn!! Hope you had an awesome weekend and are having a great start to your week!

Hi Erica! Glad to see you are back. I hope things are getting better with your family. Smile

#19 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2010 3:32:31 PM(UTC)
TheSilentScrapper

Yeah!!!!! It worked. Enjoy!!!!

TheSilentScrapper wrote:
Hello and good evening ladies. I know these 2 pages are not part of this swap but I wanted to show you my 2 page LO for the Christmas Jingle Swap. Oh, and the magazine I mentioned earlier is called: BHG Holiday Crafts 2010 $5.99. Hope that can help a few of you. Will be updating my blog tonight (another neglected thing that I vowed to write in every dayLOL ). Hope you are having a swell night.

My 2 page LO song was Winter Wonderland spec. the verse: In the Meadows you can build a snowman. Thanks for looking.

Ok I can not figure out to post pics, if you can help please let me know. Thanks again.

#20 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2010 11:53:20 PM(UTC)
TheSilentScrapper

Hello, once again jci. A few of you have inquired about how I scrapbook "family letters", "cards" etc. I like to use fancy holders (some bought, some made). I have taken folded letters and strung a ribbon on the page to rest the letter on. I am pretty sentimental about things and figure that if people will take the time to mail me a card, the least thing I can do is honor it. So, I do sometimes even the envie or postage stamps. I often save the hand stamp that people include (another, if they take the time, then...). Below are some page examples of the listed above, more details to follow on my blog (hope to get that updated asap.)
002.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG
005.JPG
006.JPG
007.JPG
008.JPG
009.JPG
011.JPG
012.JPG
 1 user thanked TheSilentScrapper for this useful post.
laurahunter on 10/20/2010(UTC)
#21 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2010 11:57:12 PM(UTC)
TheSilentScrapper

One more:
014.JPG
laurahunter Offline
#22 Posted : Wednesday, October 20, 2010 1:13:01 PM(UTC)
laurahunter

Things are really moving along with this swap. The apron was giving me issues. I lost my embrodery foot (Huh How do you do that ) so I had to go back to square one with the design. Who knows, I might actually mail out early, but don't hold your breathBigGrin.

Laura
TheSilentScrapper on 10/20/2010(UTC)
#23 Posted : Wednesday, October 20, 2010 1:15:55 PM(UTC)
TheSilentScrapper

You are wonderful Laura. Been working diligently on the items.

laurahunter wrote:
Things are really moving along with this swap. The apron was giving me issues. I lost my embrodery foot (Huh How do you do that ) so I had to go back to square one with the design. Who knows, I might actually mail out early, but don't hold your breathBigGrin.

Laura

#24 Posted : Saturday, October 23, 2010 2:18:05 PM(UTC)
TheSilentScrapper

JCI. Hello Claudia and Laura. Decided on something a little clever for your tags. Hope you like everything. Was going to do my Great grandmothers flour sack pattern for your aprons but decided to modify it a bit for each of you. Hope you all have a blessed weekend. Claudia: Praying for you for your tests. I know you will do wonderful. Laura: Praying always for peace, and calm in the family arena and direction for your family.
#25 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2010 10:35:27 AM(UTC)
TheSilentScrapper

Hello, Ladies. Hope everyone is doing well. Have a few ???'s for my partners.

Claudia:

1) Buttons or Beads?

2) Favorite cookie?

3) Traditional or Whimsical aka Shabby Chic?

4) Do you have a vintage photograph that means something to you? Please scan it and send it to me with the info.

5) Christmas tree color decorations for 2010? Theme?

Laura:

1) Buttons or Beads?

2) Favorite Cookie?

3) Traditional or Whimical aka Shabby Chic?

4) Do you have a vintage photograph that means something to you? Please scan it and send it to me with the info.

I know those are basic questions but didn't want you to have to think about the answers.

#26 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2010 3:29:57 PM(UTC)
TheSilentScrapper

I am excited about this idea for storing the tags! I wanted them to be in something special and think this "thingy" may actually turn out.LOL
laurahunter Offline
#27 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2010 7:17:04 PM(UTC)
laurahunter

TheSilentScrapper wrote:
Hello, Ladies. Hope everyone is doing well. Have a few ???'s for my partners.

Claudia:

1) Buttons or Beads?

2) Favorite cookie?

3) Traditional or Whimsical aka Shabby Chic?

Laura:

1) Buttons or Beads? Buttons

2) Favorite Cookie? Chocolate Chip

3) Traditional or Whimical aka Shabby Chic? Traditional

4) Do you have a vintage photograph that means something to you? Please scan it and send it to me with the info. I'll have to think about which one. I have several

5) Christmas tree color decorations for 2010? Theme? Traditional colors. Our ornaments are like a family history. So no real theme. Lots of disney, santa and angels.

I know those are basic questions but didn't want you to have to think about the answers.

Edited by user Monday, October 25, 2010 7:17:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#28 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2010 7:36:15 PM(UTC)
TheSilentScrapper

Thanks Laura, that will def. help with my creations. LOL I truly hope you will like the items. I did them out of order but making sure they are all done. Haven't figured out if I should flat rate it or use a different box as it is getting very full.
laurahunter Offline
#29 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2010 6:11:58 AM(UTC)
laurahunter

Erica, do you mind if I send some of the items to you with the Jingle swap ? I figured I might as well fill the box coming your way. I have worked on these totally out of order. I hope to get a few more things finished up today.

Have a great one, Laura
#30 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2010 1:17:41 PM(UTC)
TheSilentScrapper

Hi Laura. Sorry it took so long to get back to you. We are in the middle of a huge winterstorm and got back from Fargo. Had to see my plastic surgeon. Then DB wanted to meet up for lunch which was nice. We dont normally see each other which is a shame being he lives less than 15 miles away.Mad Anyway, that is not a bad idea sending in a few packages. That has me thinking. I hope you like the ornament. I was going to do a glass bulb but got concerned that the People at the PO would get ruff with the package. Picked up a few items at M's also. So needless to say, things are slowly coming together. It is way too cold to be outside. The boys are hoping to not have school tomorrow.