Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

CardMaking101 Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 12, 2010 9:57:05 AM(UTC)
CardMaking101

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I am battling back and forth with myself.. I do embroidering and there has been a time or two where i have been asked to embroider a lot of shirts and have thought to myself they would look just as good Screen Printed as they would embroidered. Then we have our church that there are times that we would like to have a few fun shirts or like this Christmas we are thinking that we can do T-Shirts with Stars on them for the kids. Yes I can embroider them with no problem but for a one time shirt I am just thinking it might be just a good to have them screen printed. We are a small church so don't have money to go and have them professionally done when we won't be selling them to the kids to wear for the Christmas program. Just wondering if it is worth getting one for the occassional use. I am trying to start my embroidering up.
Princessaam Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 12, 2010 10:47:54 AM(UTC)
Princessaam

Was thanked: 289 time(s) in 196 post(s)
If you use liquid emulsion the one shirt here or one shirt there will be much more economical and time sensitive. But Emulsion SHEETS are pricey for a single shirt or two. If you are doing a dozen...screenprint away :D The best part is if you are using liquid... one shirt or 30.... the same screen costs... less than $1 depending on how many coats you put on there.

~M
 1 user thanked Princessaam for this useful post.
Scrapbooknut2002 on 10/22/2010(UTC)
my4turtles Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 12, 2010 7:30:10 PM(UTC)
my4turtles

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I can tell you i also do embroidering but i have now found a million uses for the yudu... i can do shirts so much quicker and there is a lot more things i can do that i cant do so quick on the embroidery machine.. I think the yudu machine is well worth the money.
HisGem Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 12, 2010 7:38:58 PM(UTC)
HisGem

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 332 post(s)
Yudu! It does make things go faster and as a earlier poster said, there are many uses for it.
NewfyMom Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 19, 2010 10:03:12 AM(UTC)
NewfyMom

Was thanked: 205 time(s) in 126 post(s)
I use mine all the time for VBS, church camp, kids projects, family shirts for community walks.... There are so many uses and once you get the hang of things it is really quick. I even had the people silk screen their own shirt at church camp, as the camp craft. EVERYONE had a great time. We had people from 3 years to adults making their shirts and they all had a lot of fun. Think about service project/mission trip shirts. I do some art work with mine as well. There is a lot more than just shirts. Wall plaques, quilt squares, purses, jewelry, framed art....UhOh now I'm sounding like a infomercial. BigGrin Love my Yudu!
meriksen3bd240ea Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2012 2:14:11 AM(UTC)
meriksen3bd240ea

I am looking to sell my YUDU machine, never used; with all extras. Just wasn't interested in it. Give me best offer, meriksen@hvc.rr.com