Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

AmberGonzales1 Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 13, 2010 5:40:13 PM(UTC)
AmberGonzales1

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 34 post(s)
I for the life of me can not figure out how to add pictures when I am posting something. I click where it says to add image, but I get a box saying it won't let me. Can anyone give me some advice please? I really want to post some of the things I have been making. Thank you so much.BigGrin
MindyMcCarthy Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 13, 2010 6:28:44 PM(UTC)
MindyMcCarthy

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 682 time(s) in 671 post(s)
This was posted by GracefulGrammar - Hopefully it will help.

Good morning....... I got tired of always having to download huge pictures on the MB..... so i ran a little test on the MB this morning..... I also noticed that posts with photos were getting MANY views but the photos weren't getting nearly as many downloads. I know there is a concern about downloading attachments because of malware, spyware, etc. So I ran a test this morning and YES, PICTURES CAN BE DISPLAYED with no need for a download.

To see the results of my test...... go to this thread........
http://community.provocr...oad-pic.aspx#post234938
It seems that if your photos are under 1024k (total per post), they display and folks don't have to download the pictures to view them....... I got a photo as large as 988k to upload and display.

I posted the exact steps I did to do this in the link above, if you are interested in giving this a try.

I hope this information will be helpful to some of you.

Here are the steps I followed to get my photos to embed in the post and display:

1-Click POST A REPLY button

2-Entered my text and at the bottom of Post a Reply Screen I Checked "Attach files to this post?"

3-Attach file screen pulled up....... I navigated to the photo on computer and clicked upload button

4-Clicked the Upload button and waited for the photo to upload

5-This screen refreshed when the upload was complete....... I then clicked the BACK button and returned to my post.....Photo was there

This is what I have found in addition to above:

Also, make sure that you are logged on as you instead of as a guest. It won't let you attach if you aren't logged in.

If the picture still doesn't show, open picture in Microsoft Office Picture Manager, click on Edit Pictures, a box will open on the right side, click on resize, you can then either choose a percentage of the original width x height of the picture or put in specific pixels under Custom width x height.

I hope this helps. Good Luck!

Mindy
CatherineKoon Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 10:28:22 AM(UTC)
CatherineKoon

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 10 post(s)
approximately what size photo will post w/out need of downloading? I changed some to 4x6 and they need to be downloaded
AmberGonzales1 Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 10:03:04 PM(UTC)
AmberGonzales1

I still don't quite understand all the directions. I want to start a new topic. So hitting the reply button wont start a new topic. When I hit the image button, it comes up saying it wants a URL code. I have no clue what to do. I just want to post some picuters. lol I'm kind of frustrated with the new MB set up. Can someone give me directions on how they do it? I would really appreciate it. Thank you.
MamaC2 Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, October 15, 2010 2:54:14 AM(UTC)
MamaC2

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1756 post(s)
Amber

If you want to start a new topic, go to the forum where you want to start the new thread. There is a box in the top right corner that says "New Topic". Click on that and you will have a message box and title box ready to enter you information

Type your title, then your message. Now go to the bottom of the message box and you will see "Attach files to the post?". Click this box. Then go to "Post".

When you click "Post", you will see a screen that will allow you to browse your pictures/documents/etc from your own computer. Choose what you want, click "Upload", wait a few moments, and another "Browse" box will appear. This give you an opportunity to add more pictures.

At this point, you are ready to post to the message board. You can review your message before posting if you want...or you can hit post and it will appear on the message board.

Please don't hesitate to ask questions! We want to see your creations!
 2 users thanked MamaC2 for this useful post.
AmberGonzales1 on 10/15/2010(UTC), KarrD on 10/15/2010(UTC)
AmberGonzales1 Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, October 15, 2010 4:54:13 PM(UTC)
AmberGonzales1

MamaC-

Thank you so very much!!! That is exactly what I was looking for. I'm so excited to post now. lol
KarrD Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, October 15, 2010 6:11:07 PM(UTC)
KarrD

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thanks for the info Mama C. I am new to the board so this helps a lot. I am going to try it now. :-)