Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

arat Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 9:43:34 PM(UTC)
arat

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I was watching a video series on Wildcard and some of the cards and envelopes are so cute. However, I was wondering how to know which cards can be sent through the mail, because of the shape. Does anyone know of a guide which shows only the cards and envelopes that can be mailed? Also, How do you know when a card should be cut first and when the envelope should be cut first? I always appreciate the answers and well as the comments on this mb. Thanks!BigGrin
Kelcified Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 17, 2010 12:29:08 AM(UTC)
Kelcified

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 41 post(s)
Great questions! First, I usually cut the envelope first, especially if I want to make it as big as I can. In that case, I use the 'Fit to Page' option. If you know that you want a 4" card, then cut the envelope at 4" as well. It will automatically come out just slightly bigger than the card so that you can slide it in!
Secondly, I have mailed numerous cards that I have made, along with their envelopes. I usually go to the post office and they will tell me how much I need for postage. I have mailed all sorts of different sizes and weights as well. The ones with a lot of embellishments (that make the envelope bulge a little) and the ones that are odd sizes usually cost a little bit more in postage, but you can still mail them:)
Hope that helps!
arat Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 17, 2010 10:32:47 AM(UTC)
arat

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I appreciate the help, but I have another question. Do you use the "fit to page" and cut the envelope first on all carts or on some carts, do you cut envelopes differently? I think I have had the most questions about envelope and card cutting. I do appreciate your help!!Laugh Thanks!
MamaC2 Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 17, 2010 11:30:36 AM(UTC)
MamaC2

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1756 post(s)
arat wrote:
I appreciate the help, but I have another question. Do you use the "fit to page" and cut the envelope first on all carts or on some carts, do you cut envelopes differently? I think I have had the most questions about envelope and card cutting. I do appreciate your help!!Laugh Thanks!

I have a post in this forum that gives you the measurement for every envelope and card on WildCard using the 12x12 mat and "Fit to Page" feature. Maybe this would be of help?
MamaC
PatriciaR Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 17, 2010 11:59:29 AM(UTC)
PatriciaR

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I just mailed a 5 x 5 card yesterday and the post office said the cost was $0.64.
GloBug Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, October 23, 2010 6:10:08 PM(UTC)
GloBug

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
When I have a card to mail that is any different then a Hallmark card (size, has pops on it, weight, etc) I always measure it, weigh it on a kitchen scale that is in my craft room, and then I go to WWW.USPS.COM. The shape of the envelope matters (square vs. rectangular), the weight, and if it's "bendable" and has to be hand stamped. Hand cancellation is an extra 20 cents.
 1 user thanked GloBug for this useful post.
Heather16 on 11/2/2010(UTC)
Heather16 Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 7:45:21 PM(UTC)
Heather16

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 159 post(s)
I went to that USPS site. Very helpful! They have a chart and pictures of what is regular and what isn't. Thanks!