Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

HeatherG23 Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 20, 2010 2:38:16 PM(UTC)
HeatherG23

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 75 post(s)
This is the latest card i've made with the Fabulous Finds Cartridge. It's for a friends 32nd birthday. I used FF cart to make this entire card. The card info can be found at http://cricut-scrapbookl...iends-birthday-card.html

DESIGN A CARD USING THE DESIGN STUDIO & FF CART
With the Design Studio you can manipulate a square or rectangle into the size you need.That's basically all you need.

-I use 2 different sized cards. 5.5 inches by 4. This card is 6.5 by 5 inches.

What I do is I pick a sketch from the splitcoaststampers.com and make a cut file for each. I have tons of cut files. They have the best sketches. Sometimes I make my own sketch on the Design Studio.

-So I choose SC 264 for this card shown.
-To start, I would go in The Design Studio, open a new project, and take a rectangle or square and create the size of the actual card.

- Just change the dimensions at the top right of the DS screen. I choose 6.5 by 5 inches

-I name this page “LAYOUT”. To rename a page put your mouse over the mat area and right click. Then change the name.

-I know I’m going to have a background paper and it’s matting.

-So next, I just copy and paste that rectangle (you can also just click on the same rectangle/square) and change the size to what I want the MATTING of the background paper to be. You can change the size by clicking on it and in the corners of it you can change its size. It depends on how much of the actual card you want to be visible.

-I choose the matting to be 6.127 by 4.627 inches

-For the matting of ALL the pieces I add .127 inches

-Now that I have the matting, I copy and paste that rectangle and subtract .127 to get the BACKGROUND paper. It measures 6 x 4.5 inches.

-Now I made the 3 vertical strips. I always start with the matting since that’s the largest. I don’t want to create the 3 strips first then when I add the matting it’s to large and I don’t have room for it. MATTING is 1.475 by 4.042 inches

-The 3 strips itself are 1.348 by 3.915 inches

-The rectangle on top of the card…4.485 by 2.777 and the MATTING is 4.612 by 2.904

Then make a new page on the DS for each cut. One for the background, one for the 3 strips and one for the rectangle on top. Then 1 page for all the matting. My matting is all on one page because I’m going to use the same paper for all.

Finish by cutting all pieces out.

To find lots of sketches you can go directly to http://www.splitcoaststa...at=500&ppuser=234015

Bye
Heather
HeatherG23 attached the following image(s):
Design Studio.jpg
cyimbugbitten Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 21, 2010 6:51:23 PM(UTC)
cyimbugbitten

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 465 time(s) in 438 post(s)
Thank you for sharing this...very helpful info!

Carol