Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

gin4Jesus98 Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 23, 2010 1:11:50 PM(UTC)
gin4Jesus98

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 22 post(s)
A friend just rec'd a new cricut with Potpourri cart included. When she uses it,the feature keys (there are 2 of them) do not light up and it seems to not always be cutting what she thinks it should be cutting. PS is also included and those two feature buttons light up... could this be a defective cart and have any of you had this problem or any suggestions for her? I'm guessing that she'll need to contact PC to take care of this (or the ebay seller?)??

tia!
MamaC2 Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 23, 2010 1:29:24 PM(UTC)
MamaC2

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1756 post(s)
Potpourri Basket in a one-of-a-kind cartridge! You get 2 overlays and 1 cartridge.

You use the first overlay just like anyother overlay and cartridge.

The second overlay is called Bonus! Every single time you use this overlay, you must press the Bonus button on the left side of the overlay. Then you can use the regular image and the shift image.

Now, here's the fun part...when you use the Bonus overlay and start pressing the buttons...you will see the picture of the image that is on the first overlay! Your Circut will cut the image that is one the Bonus overlay, but the picture you see on your E screen will be what is on the first overlay!

One thing for sure...I must have my handbook out and open everytime I use Potpourri Basket and Bonus!

I hope this makes sense! With practice, you will get use to the cartridge, but it can be challenging at first! Good Luck!
gin4Jesus98 Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 23, 2010 1:35:02 PM(UTC)
gin4Jesus98

MamaC wrote:
Potpourri Basket in a one-of-a-kind cartridge! You get 2 overlays and 1 cartridge.

You use the first overlay just like anyother overlay and cartridge.

The second overlay is called Bonus! Every single time you use this overlay, you must press the Bonus button on the left side of the overlay. Then you can use the regular image and the shift image.

Now, here's the fun part...when you use the Bonus overlay and start pressing the buttons...you will see the picture of the image that is on the first overlay! Your Circut will cut the image that is one the Bonus overlay, but the picture you see on your E screen will be what is on the first overlay!

One thing for sure...I must have my handbook out and open everytime I use Potpourri Basket and Bonus!

I hope this makes sense! With practice, you will get use to the cartridge, but it can be challenging at first! Good Luck!

thanks for the info.Just forwarded it to my friend. Do your two feature buttons (left side of keypad) light up when you use this cart?
MamaC2 Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 23, 2010 1:39:30 PM(UTC)
MamaC2

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1756 post(s)
Yes. On the first overlay, the shadow, bonus, and shift light up.

On the Bonus overlay, the bonus and shift lights work.
gin4Jesus98 Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 23, 2010 1:46:09 PM(UTC)
gin4Jesus98

sorry for all the ?--- do you have to press shift for them to work properly and light up?? so, this could be just an issue of getting used to how it works,rather than a defective cart??thoughts??

Edited by user Saturday, October 23, 2010 1:59:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified