Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Scootingranny Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 8:09:20 AM(UTC)
Scootingranny

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 3485 time(s) in 1904 post(s)
I made 15 of the spiders from Happy Hauntings for newest granboy's day care class. I ran the heads thru the Xyron and then added the googly eyes, then glittered with the MS glow-in-the-dark glitter. The legs gave me a bit of trouble. I thought there were simply 4 long legs and 4 short legs for each one but after making several, I realized that there are two slighly different shapes for the long legs and 2 slightly different shapes for the short legs. Figured it wouldn't matter if I didn't know exactly where to put the legs (except long in back, short in front) as I'm sure the 3 and 4 year olds won't care. Also, there is a crease line on what I think is the bottom side of the spider...kinda weird to have a line there but it's a crease line and not a fold line and helps it fit better. I really thought these ended up being cute. Cut at 8 3/4 inches, they hold one of the Halloween treat packages of marshmallows

I also did these Pumpkin treat boxes for newest granddaughter's class that she will be attending in the future. I'm not sure what I did wrong with them but after gluing the sides, when I put the tab in the slot to close the top, they stuck up higher than the pumpkin box. So I just cut off at the slot line, took an xacto knife and cut a new slot just below where the original one was. Inked for a little shading. They are cut at fit to page for 12 x 12 paper and are big enough for a small treat pack of the Stouffer's Halloween Cookies

Final project was these starbucks treat bottles for the teachers at the day care. Some have cricut cuts (lacy labels for doily cut on bottle top, some cuts from HH one from ACY), some do not. Half are filled with the candy corn/peanut/cashew combo mix and some are the Hershey's nugget bars wrapped with strips of scraps to coordinate with paper used on the bottles.

and
PamM Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 10:33:41 AM(UTC)
PamM

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 43 post(s)
Wow you've been busy. Cute boxes!
GailLew Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 10:42:53 AM(UTC)
GailLew

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 90 post(s)
those are fantastic! where did you get the peanuts paper?
ConstanceShortel Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 10:46:24 AM(UTC)
ConstanceShortel

Was thanked: 1199 time(s) in 859 post(s)
GailLew wrote:
those are fantastic! where did you get the peanuts paper?

I was going to say/ask the exact same thing.
gailgehring Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 10:52:51 AM(UTC)
gailgehring

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
What a terrific gramma! I can see that you put alot of time and patience in these projects. They turn out soooo cute!
Scootingranny Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 11:18:46 AM(UTC)
Scootingranny

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 3485 time(s) in 1904 post(s)
Thanks for the kind compliments

The Charlie Brown paper was a set of 8 x 8 papers and stickers that was on the scrapbook aisle at Ms. Wish I had gotten another one because it worked out so cute for these and for some cocoa sliders I made. Hope you can find them...if they're all gone, maybe they'll get some more soon. Ms closest to me is all out right now and nobody knows if they'll be getting them back in