Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

*Heather* Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 9:01:15 AM(UTC)
*Heather*

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 240 time(s) in 155 post(s)
Hi Everyone I live in England and have just joined the forum so not sure how it all works, anyway I am here! I have bought the Imagine and am disapointed to fine that the Cricut website has not been updated for the Imagine with regard to registering and getting updates and I also find that the Imagine cartridges cannot be loaded on to the Gypsy as they have different sockets yet all the programs and advertising say you can load all cricut cartridges onto the Gypsy. Any ideas what is going on folks?
*Karel* Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 9:57:40 AM(UTC)
*Karel*

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Heather

Not able to link Imagine carts to Gypsy yet. Will come in a future update.Should be by Christmas. I also got my imagine yesterday. Am liking very much.
*Heather* Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 11:43:32 AM(UTC)
*Heather*

Thanks Karel

Glad you like your Imagine. I hear what you say and understand about the update by Christmas allowing the Gypsy and the Imagine to function together but the Gypsy doesn't have a socket on it to physically plug the Imagine cartridges into it as they are a different size. So not sure how an update is going to help really.
Thanks anyway
Heather

Edited by user Tuesday, November 02, 2010 11:45:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

NurseGeek Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 11:55:09 AM(UTC)
NurseGeek

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 24 post(s)
There are two possible ways we could link our Imagine cartridges to the Gypsy. One is by purchasing a cable that fits the Imagine cartridges and another (and I hope this is the way PC does it) would be to link them through the Imagine. Meaning, having the Gypsy read and link the cartridge while connected to the Imagine. Time will tell.
*Heather* Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 12:06:06 PM(UTC)
*Heather*

Hi
Yes I see what you mean you are so very clever I had not thought of that although, I can't help but think they are going to bring out a new Gypsy with two sockets as the company I bought mine from have been selling the Gypsy off at discounted prices along with the older Cricut machines as a bundle and there have been one or two upset people when the Imagine arrived as they wished they had known they would have waited! Am I too suspicious I ask my self.:)

Thank you for taking the trouble to post
Kind regards
Heather
Ang Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 12:20:55 PM(UTC)
Ang

Was thanked: 237 time(s) in 164 post(s)
Hi there, Another UK based person who's Imagine arrived yesterday.
I purchased through Create & Craft and watched the programmes, they stated that the Gypsy was NOT fully compatable yet but would be hopefully before the end of the year. So i am not surprised that i cannt put my new carts onto the Gypsy yet. I felt they may just sell a new lead to load them onto the Gypsy, but as long as it is eventually done i am not bothered.

I had to phone the New UK customer services today who were extremely helpful, one of the carts that came with the bundle doesnt work. An error message comes up which says there is a fault with the cart and to try again but then phone customer services. They have to get back in touch with USA, but said a new cart would prob be sent - will be interesting to see how quick this all takes.
However, despite that i am pleased with the machine and hopefully later today will have more time to 'play' with it.
*Heather* Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 5:01:58 PM(UTC)
*Heather*

Thanks for your post. Yes I had seen and heard that, but not connected it with the cartridges not fitting the Gypsy! Doh! Brain not in gear! I too had reason to call the customer services as it isn't possible to register the product and they were very nice and I could understand what they were saying! A bonus with help lines! Anyway I hope you love your Imagine as much as I do and have hours of fun with it and I hope you get your cartridge sorted I have only had time to try one of mine so far so fingers crossed :)
Heather
SandraGarner2 Offline
#8 Posted : Friday, November 05, 2010 11:59:10 AM(UTC)
SandraGarner2

Hi Heather and Ang
I could not get the gypsy and imagine to work together, so like you both said
the update will not be untill Dec,(well roll on Dec me thinks).

I have had a play with my Imagine and I like it very much, very easy to understand.

I updated the gypsy and what a surprise when I had 5 Free carts, I had to try them out to see if they worked lol, that was before I found out about the registration of the Gypsy which I reg when I bought it when it first came out.

We will have to keep looking on the web site to see when we can reg our machines.
Sandra (England)
*Heather* Offline
#9 Posted : Friday, November 05, 2010 12:12:39 PM(UTC)
*Heather*

Hi Sandra

Good to hear from you this communication does make you feel less alone with things! Have you gone in to downloading updates for the Imagine? Do we need to update straight away and if you know how to can you help me? I have a cable but no details about updating in all the info they gave us so confused as to when we can do this and how. I guess you have gone through this with the Gypsy but for me the Imagine is the only Cricut I have ever bought - Gypsy will be bought as soon as I have finished flexi pay on the Imagine :)
Heather
marcibun Offline
#10 Posted : Friday, November 05, 2010 12:33:23 PM(UTC)
marcibun

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Hi Heather! Welcome BigGrin I bought the Imagine and Gypsy just as you did and have also not been able to get them to shake hands and be friends. I was happy just to get the 6 free downloads working frankly Laugh
SandraGarner2 Offline
#11 Posted : Friday, November 05, 2010 12:46:41 PM(UTC)
SandraGarner2

Hi Heather
Download cricut sync from the cricut download site onto your computer you will have a Icon with Sync on it,
connect your usb cable to either your Imagine or gypsy your computer will recognish it and will download the updates but you may have to connect you imagine up first so that your computer has got the drivers loaded.
Hope this helps it took me and my hubby most of the day to find out how to do it.
Sandra
*Heather* Offline
#12 Posted : Friday, November 05, 2010 1:40:14 PM(UTC)
*Heather*

Thanks Sandra I will give it a try it would have been nice if it had all been explained I don't know how we would get on without each other. I will try over the weekend see how I get on. Thank you for sharing your knowledge it was very kind of you
Heather
Annabella Offline
#13 Posted : Friday, November 05, 2010 7:24:09 PM(UTC)
Annabella

United States

Was thanked: 624 time(s) in 509 post(s)
Since the I and the G are not on speaking terms, and the DS is having problems with the new carts-Could the "New Item" that will come out on Nov. 11 be and I-Pad of sorts that will sync all the provocraft items. They have applied for a patent back in the summer for such a toy. Could Nov. 11, be our day of rejoicing??BigGrin BigGrin Confused Confused
*Heather* Offline
#14 Posted : Saturday, November 06, 2010 2:20:30 AM(UTC)
*Heather*

Hi Sandra

Yeah! I have successfully updated my Imagine this morning. It took about an hour mostly waiting for updates to be installed. Your instructions were very helpful and I am so sorry it took you all day! It was so kind of you to help and if you were here I would give you a big hug. Take care

Heather x
SandraGarner2 Offline
#15 Posted : Saturday, November 06, 2010 4:33:07 AM(UTC)
SandraGarner2

Hi Heather
Soooo glad you did'nt take long to update you Imagine,and you are very welcome we have to help each other now and then.
I love this machine very easy to use don't you think?
Sandra
*Heather* Offline
#16 Posted : Saturday, November 06, 2010 5:37:32 AM(UTC)
*Heather*

Hi Sandra
Yes I do think it is very easy to use indeed (that is when you know how to update the files)!!

When I got the Imagine set up I had produced a card and envelope in about five minutes. You know what we all need now? A download with more hours in the day!Laugh Actually I think downloads may be the way it all goes in the future, we will just make a payment and download the new carts direct to the machines. We do that now with anti virus programs bought online. It would definitely make sense it would reduce all packaging costs and disposal of packaging more enviromentally friendly.

I'm working on a garland at the moment to go over my granddaughter's bed with her name on it(She's 2 1/2). Are you working on anything at the moment?
Heather
SandraGarner2 Offline
#17 Posted : Tuesday, November 09, 2010 10:18:01 AM(UTC)
SandraGarner2

Hi Heather
Yes it would be a lot easier if we could download, they downloaded some cart to the Gypsy so I don't see why not.
I am working on a couple of projects 2 birthday cards for a neighbour
and Thankyou cards for my hairdresser.

I have just bought the wedding from cricut good cart.
Regards
Sandra xx
GhislainSmithson Offline
#18 Posted : Monday, November 15, 2010 2:23:14 PM(UTC)
GhislainSmithson

Hello Ladies
I have just bought an Imagine Cricut & a Gypsy. I have registered the Gypsy & got all of the freebies downloaded on to it & the updates. I have tried to link the Imagine & the Gypsy but the Gypsy won't recognise the Imagine machine & visa versa,is the update in December that you have mentioned going to fix this problem or am I doing something wrong? I haven't synced my Imagine yet either!!

Many Thanks
Ghislain Confused

Edited by user Monday, November 15, 2010 2:24:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CraftyJo Offline
#19 Posted : Monday, November 15, 2010 8:43:35 PM(UTC)
CraftyJo

Hi
i am in Australia & still waiting for the arrival of the Imagine!! It's supposed to be this month but i'm pretty sure it won't arrive on time. someone mentioned a new release item on Nov 11 but i haven't heard about this at all. does anyone have further info on this??
hope you are all enjoying your Imagine's as i'm anxiously awaiting mine!!
thanks
Joanne BigGrin
Khrista Offline
#20 Posted : Monday, November 15, 2010 10:15:47 PM(UTC)
Khrista

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2510 time(s) in 1398 post(s)
Unless you are a Mac user, the Gypsy and Imagine will talk to each other. They both need to be updated with the Cricut Sync (not the Gypsy Sync if I recall right). That'll get you the capability of being able to have the Imagine cut images that you've done welding with etc. like you would with the Expression machine. It won't allow you to do any patterns/colors yet. That's supposed to be sometime between now and January 1st. Also check the Gypsy Tech section and Imagine section.. you'll see various posts on the updates etc.

:) Have fun with them both!
 1 user thanked Khrista for this useful post.
GhislainSmithson on 11/17/2010(UTC)