Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
LauraCharko Offline
#61 Posted : Tuesday, March 06, 2012 3:07:43 PM(UTC)
LauraCharko

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 400 time(s) in 164 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mac14bebe0d Go to Quoted Post
I think I get the basic gist of how you did the tree, but I can't get it figured out with the gypsy. I'm pretty new to cricut (I got my expression 3 weeks ago and the gypsy a week ago), and I get the basic functions, but I can't figure out how to make the tree big and still move it into place on the gypsy. I really got it because I wanted to make a large vinyl tree, and I know that theoretically it should work for this, but I just can't figure it out. Does anyone have suggestions?Crying

I can get the tree to the size I want on the gypsy, but by that point I can't get it to stay highlighted and once the little cursor comes up I can't grab the tree anymore. I've tried just practicing with the tree smaller than I actually want it and I just can't quite figure out how to make the gypsy see it at segments (on multiple mats).

<Sigh>

Any help would be appreciated!!!
- Melissa

Hi Melissa!

I have tried to design an "off the page" project with my gypsy and unfortunately I couldn't get it to work either. It must have different parameters than Design Studio. I had the same problems with CCR. However, I did discover that designing in DS, and then converting to the Gypsy does seem to work (although a few lines were moved on me a couple times...)

Hope that helps!!
adrianne.kraus1af01971 Offline
#62 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2012 4:21:35 PM(UTC)
adrianne.kraus1af01971

Groups: Registered

I love your work and that is EXACTLY what I had in mind...But HOW DID YOU DO IT?!? I read through your other post and know that it came to life after "mapping" it out... but is the part that I don't get. Using DS and an expression, how do you know move the tree around on the 24x12 mat screen and know that is matches what you have "mapped?" Any help would be soo appreciated. I am very new to the design studio and don't quite know where to start. Thanks, Adrianne
LauraCharko Offline
#63 Posted : Monday, May 07, 2012 4:30:50 PM(UTC)
LauraCharko

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 400 time(s) in 164 post(s)
Originally Posted by: adrianne.kraus1af01971 Go to Quoted Post
I love your work and that is EXACTLY what I had in mind...But HOW DID YOU DO IT?!? I read through your other post and know that it came to life after "mapping" it out... but is the part that I don't get. Using DS and an expression, how do you know move the tree around on the 24x12 mat screen and know that is matches what you have "mapped?" Any help would be soo appreciated. I am very new to the design studio and don't quite know where to start. Thanks, Adrianne

Hi Addrianne :)

To map out the image in DS, I add my image to a layer, set my size to the height and width I need (inputting the numbers in the spaces of the top right tools section), then set the location to 0-0 so that I know what area I'm starting with. Then I use the arrows on my keyboard to move the shape up/down, left/right, until it matches one of the mapped sections. Add another layer, and repeat the same process.

Hope that helps??
Smile
SweetStuff Offline
#64 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2012 8:56:17 AM(UTC)
SweetStuff

I have been looking everywhere trying to figure out how to make wall decals larger than the cricut mats, and this post was the best lead I found. Could you please post some detailed instructions on how you accomplished this? I see you said you used Design Studio... I'm currently using Cricut Craft Room and am unable to cut anything larger than the mat... should I get the Design Studio software or another type of software? I didn't want to spend the money until I know it's exactly the program I need. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!Blushing
melkriegdeda6df2 Offline
#65 Posted : Wednesday, January 08, 2014 1:30:37 PM(UTC)
melkriegdeda6df2

I know this is an older post but I have been trying to make the tree with no luck. I am using a Gypsy and it won't let me move the tree around to get every part of it. I made the tree 72" tall. Can images larger than a mat not be cut anymore? Thanks!
MomScrapper Offline
#66 Posted : Thursday, January 09, 2014 8:48:47 AM(UTC)
MomScrapper

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I can't even express how wonderful this is. This is so beautiful. You definitely put in alot of time and hard work.