Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Mom2aDancer Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 03, 2010 8:10:58 PM(UTC)
Mom2aDancer

Groups: Registered

I am fairly new to the cricut and just cut my first image from this cart. I cut a Mater at 5 1/2 inches but on the bottom layer there were no lines for the layers to go on I thought that was the way these worked. The pictures in the handbooks are so small that you can't see the little pieces. We just are having a hard time lining everything up correctly and are wondering if we did something wrong and thats why there are no lines to use as guides

Steph
Over Doin' It Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, November 05, 2010 11:49:29 AM(UTC)
Over Doin' It

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Hey Steph,
I just wanted to ask first off...Were you cutting the Shadow of Mater? The Shadow will not have the lines for placement on them. I just cut Mater who is at location C4 (3rd Row down 4th column over)...and the main button cut with the lines on it for placement. Hope this helps.
JenniferCool
Mom2aDancer Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, November 05, 2010 7:08:16 PM(UTC)
Mom2aDancer

Thanks for the information I'm really not sure my daughter(18) was cutting with me so that could be what we did was cut the shadow. Thanks again we will try another cut.

Steph
New Cricuteer Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 17, 2010 4:41:30 PM(UTC)
New Cricuteer

I am fairly new too and was trying to cut a stop sign with this same cartridge. I cut a black shadow and then a red stop sign (which has the cut shadow on it for placement) and then used Body/white/windows creative feature to cut the white letters and white background. Now I am confused because the white background is smaller than the red stop sign and it does not even make sense that the red part would have cut shadows around the edges because you will totally see them when you are done putting this together. Have I done something wrong here?! I am sure it is something simple but what am I missing here?! Confused Can anyone help?

Thanks!
Rosalind
New Cricuteer Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 17, 2010 5:18:53 PM(UTC)
New Cricuteer

OK...so I played with this some more and eureka!! I forgot to press the layer button before choosing to cut out the red stop sign...although I am still puzzled what the stop sign with the cut shadow on the edges is for!! I am so new at thisBlushing

Rosalind
Gracecraft Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, November 25, 2010 2:52:11 PM(UTC)
Gracecraft

Was thanked: 91 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Cars is a hard cart to use if you are new to cricut. The bigger you cut the images the easier to layer. You don't have to use the shadow cut you can just create using the base cut for shapes. You can look at the instruction books on this site full screen really helps to see what each layer cut is. You find them under cartridges.
Hope this helps.
UK Cardmaker Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, January 08, 2011 8:37:38 AM(UTC)
UK Cardmaker

This Cartridge has just arrived with the postman, and I couldn't wait to get cutting with it. I'm a card maker not a Scrapbooker, and must say I am very dissapointed in this cartridge. I am have huge problems cutting images small enough to go onto cards. It won't cut anything properly less than 4in in size. I have tried about 4 times now to cut Lightning and Sally and now only after having my cricut a few days need to put a new blade in and buy a new cutting mat. I must admit I have been using lovely coloured card, but did try with 160gsm paper and that didn't work either.

Have just read on here there it is a hard cartridge to use, which I had read this before I paid out £49.99 for it Crying

Can anyone give me any tips for cutting out smaller images
Many thanks
capmom09 Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, February 09, 2011 10:06:16 AM(UTC)
capmom09

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 13 post(s)
So Glad to hear I'm not the only one having problems cutting small things for cards. I tried for about 2 hours and used different pressure and blade settings and nothing worked. Very, very disappointed in this cartridge!