Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

8 Pages<12345>»
~Natalie~ Offline
#61 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 1:30:00 PM(UTC)
~Natalie~

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Chris,

When the Imagine is at rest and I push the housing down, it sticks. I think it's supposed to bounce back and it has no bounce at all... I'm thinking something may be wrong with the blade housing itself. What do you think???

Natalie
14cross Offline
#62 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 1:57:27 PM(UTC)
14cross

Groups: Cricut Community Moderator, Registered

Was thanked: 798 time(s) in 205 post(s)
~Natalie~ wrote:
Chris,

When the Imagine is at rest and I push the housing down, it sticks. I think it's supposed to bounce back and it has no bounce at all... I'm thinking something may be wrong with the blade housing itself. What do you think???

Natalie

Yep. There is something wrong with your Blade Solenoid Housing (the whole part that moves back and forth and lifts the green blade housing.

That means that you need to return your Imagine for replacement. There is a way to replace the Solenoid housing but it requires removing it and putting the new one on. It isn't hard to do but requires a phillips screw driver and some technical ability. Your choice. Tell me what you would like to do.

Chris
 1 user thanked 14cross for this useful post.
teebee88458c48fd70 on 2/28/2012(UTC)
~Natalie~ Offline
#63 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 3:22:37 PM(UTC)
~Natalie~

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I think rather than mess with it, I should probably just return it and get a replacement. I bought it off of HSN, so I'm not sure what their return policy is. What do you suggest I do now? PM me if possible...

Thanks Chris!

Natalie
14cross Offline
#64 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 3:25:33 PM(UTC)
14cross

~Natalie~ wrote:
I think rather than mess with it, I should probably just return it and get a replacement. I bought it off of HSN, so I'm not sure what their return policy is. What do you suggest I do now? PM me if possible...

Thanks Chris!

Natalie

I PMed you.

Chris
Provo Craft
Claire Offline
#65 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2011 1:47:49 PM(UTC)
Claire

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Hi Chris
Thanks for your message the other day, I havn't had any contact yet - do you have an idea when i might hear from one of your colleagues?

I received my Imagine as a christmas present, and as yet have not registered it, and not sure if i should wait until we have resolved the issues?

What do you think?

Thanks again you are a great point of contact.

(I saw your posts on the UK scrappers thread, made me laugh)
14cross Offline
#66 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2011 2:10:33 PM(UTC)
14cross

ClaireNewcombe wrote:
Hi Chris
Thanks for your message the other day, I havn't had any contact yet - do you have an idea when i might hear from one of your colleagues?

I received my Imagine as a christmas present, and as yet have not registered it, and not sure if i should wait until we have resolved the issues?

What do you think?

Thanks again you are a great point of contact.

(I saw your posts on the UK scrappers thread, made me laugh)

I sent him an email again to remind him.

Chris
Provo Craft
ShannonYarber Offline
#67 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2011 11:04:17 AM(UTC)
ShannonYarber

Hello,

Imagine format and restore question: I get to the "Send updated firmware" step and when I turn my machine back on, it still tells me to "Please restart or reconnect your Imagine...", as if I didn't do anything. So instead, I'll restart it in recovery mode and the sending process bar doesn't start...

I need help...

Shannon

UPDATE: After restarting my machine in recovery mode THEN unplugging and plugging back in the USB cord, it sent file 1 of 2... and then got stuck there.

I still need help...

Shannon

Edited by user Saturday, January 15, 2011 11:46:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

14cross Offline
#68 Posted : Monday, January 17, 2011 3:27:50 PM(UTC)
14cross

ShannonYarber wrote:
Hello,

Imagine format and restore question: I get to the "Send updated firmware" step and when I turn my machine back on, it still tells me to "Please restart or reconnect your Imagine...", as if I didn't do anything. So instead, I'll restart it in recovery mode and the sending process bar doesn't start...

I need help...

Shannon

UPDATE: After restarting my machine in recovery mode THEN unplugging and plugging back in the USB cord, it sent file 1 of 2... and then got stuck there.

I still need help...

Shannon

How are you looking now? Still need help? If so then I need more info. It does take a while to load those content files, sometimes over an hour, so you need to be patient with them. What version does your machine say now? I need all numbers in parenthesis.

Chris
Provo Craft
ShannonYarber Offline
#69 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 9:10:30 AM(UTC)
ShannonYarber

14cross wrote:
How are you looking now? Still need help? If so then I need more info. It does take a while to load those content files, sometimes over an hour, so you need to be patient with them. What version does your machine say now? I need all numbers in parenthesis.

Chris
Provo Craft

Hello Chris,

Unfortunately yes, I've been pretty patient with each process, even leaving it overnight hoping something would happen by the time I wake up. The only reason I know that it isn't an issue with being patient is because the process bar at the bottom never starts loading.

You asked about version number. The only version number I have is the version number of Cricut Sync: 2.0.3.0. The Imagine firmware and content version remain blank, I'm guessing because it never finishes the restore process. I can't look at any information from my machine because when I turn it on, it stays on the welcome screen. When I plug it into my computer and turn it on (not in recovery mode), it never recognizes it and continues to asks me to turn on the machine, even though it is.

I'll try to attach some screen shots to help explain my problem.

Thanks,

Shannon
ShannonYarber Offline
#70 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 10:12:18 AM(UTC)
ShannonYarber

ShannonYarber wrote:
Hello Chris,

Unfortunately yes, I've been pretty patient with each process, even leaving it overnight hoping something would happen by the time I wake up. The only reason I know that it isn't an issue with being patient is because the process bar at the bottom never starts loading.

You asked about version number. The only version number I have is the version number of Cricut Sync: 2.0.3.0. The Imagine firmware and content version remain blank, I'm guessing because it never finishes the restore process. I can't look at any information from my machine because when I turn it on, it stays on the welcome screen. When I plug it into my computer and turn it on (not in recovery mode), it never recognizes it and continues to asks me to turn on the machine, even though it is.

I'll try to attach some screen shots to help explain my problem.

Thanks,

Shannon

Hi Chris,

After talking to someone in customer service this morning, they determined that I fried the computer in my machine. She explained that the reboot is pretty rough on the computer and it caused my machine to stop responding.

I really appreciate all the help from you and your team, regardless.

Thanks,

Shannon
Claire Offline
#71 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 10:19:01 AM(UTC)
Claire

hi Chris

I am almost at the point of giving up with this machine, surely 1 out of the 3 computers i have tried now would have worked. Do you think i have just been unlucky with this machine, and a replacement would work?

Huh
Claire
14cross Offline
#72 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 10:28:25 AM(UTC)
14cross

ShannonYarber wrote:
Hi Chris,

After talking to someone in customer service this morning, they determined that I fried the computer in my machine. She explained that the reboot is pretty rough on the computer and it caused my machine to stop responding.

I really appreciate all the help from you and your team, regardless.

Thanks,

Shannon

Ya, I was going to say that after reading your post. It should at least go to the menu screen. You likely restarted the update or turned off your machine at a time when you shouldn't have and it destroyed a "kernel." Without that kernel the firmware won't load. No problem...sounds like CS is getting you taken care of.

Chris
Provo Craft
14cross Offline
#73 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 10:41:30 AM(UTC)
14cross

ClaireNewcombe wrote:
hi Chris

I am almost at the point of giving up with this machine, surely 1 out of the 3 computers i have tried now would have worked. Do you think i have just been unlucky with this machine, and a replacement would work?

Huh
Claire

I spoke with the software engineer that is working with you and he is convinced that the problem is with your satellite Internet connection, not with the machine. And that makes sense to me. It is very important that you have a constant connection with the internet during the entire update process or it will hang up or not even start to update.

He is working with someone else to try to come up with a solution and he or I will let you know if he finds anything out.

Chris
Provo Craft
Claire Offline
#74 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 2:37:18 PM(UTC)
Claire

14cross wrote:
I spoke with the software engineer that is working with you and he is convinced that the problem is with your satellite Internet connection, not with the machine. And that makes sense to me. It is very important that you have a constant connection with the internet during the entire update process or it will hang up or not even start to update.

He is working with someone else to try to come up with a solution and he or I will let you know if he finds anything out.

Chris
Provo Craft

Thank you - i will persevere for a while longer. However we did try a plug mobile internet provider also yesterday evening. And with both internet providers we have managed to download other programs and also the regular windows updates into our laptops.

I am interested to know now what it is that is blocking the files.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 18, 2011 2:42:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Cricutcutup (Veronika) Offline
#75 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 7:35:32 PM(UTC)
Cricutcutup (Veronika)

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I have a problem that the Imagine does not see my Ink Cartridges..First the color then the black now neither. I have reinstalled them several times. I have re-formated but when it comes to calibration it says to install the Ink and goes no further. I have only printed about 6 pages and no flood filled. Piper at Provo said to format but that's not doing it. Do u think I have bad ink? Hate to think that.
~Wendy-Crafts~ Offline
#76 Posted : Saturday, February 12, 2011 9:40:12 PM(UTC)
~Wendy-Crafts~

Was thanked: 416 time(s) in 350 post(s)
My gypsy and Imagine are not communicating at all, it's plugged in but I don't get any extra buttons on the G. I have the latest versions updated on the G & I.

Is this system restore what I'm supposed to do in order to fix this?

Thanks,
Wendy

Nevermind, I figured it out and it works :).

Edited by user Saturday, February 12, 2011 9:59:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

rhondah* Offline
#77 Posted : Sunday, February 13, 2011 6:44:15 AM(UTC)
rhondah*

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 15717 time(s) in 9100 post(s)
Thanks so much!
JulieRoell Offline
#78 Posted : Monday, February 14, 2011 7:53:58 AM(UTC)
JulieRoell

Chris,

I got the Imagine recently and am having difficulty getting it to work with my Gypsy and it will not communicate with my PC. My Gypsy is up to date. When I try to update the Imagine using CricutSync I get a message saying that the device has been detected but is not communicating and it advises recycling the power on the Imagine. I've tried that many times and still no luck. Please advise what do I need to do to get the Imagine communicating with my PC and my Gypsy?

Thank you,
Julie
ReneJones Offline
#79 Posted : Monday, February 14, 2011 12:51:39 PM(UTC)
ReneJones

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I have done all the updates for my imagine with no problems, did the update the other day and now I am back to 3 buttons on my screen and now it won't update! My computer says it is connecting to the imagine but the imagine never connects.. have shut off my imagine and restarted my computer and nothing.. can anyone help me? It will only let me use OLDER cricut cartridges in it now, where I had been using other one till this update!
Craftelicious Offline
#80 Posted : Monday, February 14, 2011 10:14:56 PM(UTC)
Craftelicious

Was thanked: 186 time(s) in 143 post(s)
Hi Chris,
Help! My I and Cricut Sync won’t communicate. The CS (version 2.0.4.2) “sees” the I, but can’t communicate. I get a message saying that the device has been detected but is not communicating and it advises recycling the power on the I. I've tried that many times and still no luck.

I have Gypsy (Version 1.4 (0206:0212), which seems to update with no problem.
I’ve reinstalled the CS, turned off the firewall, turned off Symantic, tried two different computers, safe mode on the I etc. . .

I manually loaded the drivers - however, the wizard indicated that the hardware was installed, but that it won't run properly - my computer and I still won't communicate.

Confused
I am presently totally confused as to what to do next!

OK - this morning I connected to an old Xp machine and it's working. Apparently CS does not like Vista. Wish me luck! All the updates went through fine on the old computer same firewall on- same Symantic on . . .

There has got to be a better way!

Edited by user Tuesday, February 15, 2011 12:13:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

KorriFleming Offline
#81 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2011 7:10:37 PM(UTC)
KorriFleming

Help! My machine won't calibrate the blades.. I have done the restore mulitple times... gets to the blade calibration and nothing! I have had this machine since Sept and haven't cut a damn thing yet.

Thanks for any help.
14cross Offline
#82 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2011 8:37:19 AM(UTC)
14cross

KorriFleming wrote:
Help! My machine won't calibrate the blades.. I have done the restore mulitple times... gets to the blade calibration and nothing! I have had this machine since Sept and haven't cut a damn thing yet.

Thanks for any help.

Does it print out the calibration pattern? If it does, what happens after printing? Does the mat stay in the back or is it fed back toward you and under the rollers at the front of the machine? If the mat moves under the rollers does the cutter head come out and look for the mat? What happens? Can you video what is happening? Can you tell me what version number is on your machine? It is in the About screen on the main menu. I need all numbers in the parenthesis.

Chris
Provo Craft
KorriFleming Offline
#83 Posted : Thursday, February 17, 2011 5:06:17 PM(UTC)
KorriFleming

Originally Posted by: 14cross Go to Quoted Post
Does it print out the calibration pattern? If it does, what happens after printing? Does the mat stay in the back or is it fed back toward you and under the rollers at the front of the machine? If the mat moves under the rollers does the cutter head come out and look for the mat? What happens? Can you video what is happening? Can you tell me what version number is on your machine? It is in the About screen on the main menu. I need all numbers in the parenthesis.

Chris
Provo Craft

The pattern prints. The mat stays in the back. The cutter head does not come out at all. Version number 1.01 (0106:????:0000:202A) That is all that happens. I hope you can help. It is getting frustrating.

Thanks,
Korri
14cross Offline
#84 Posted : Friday, February 18, 2011 12:10:02 PM(UTC)
14cross

Originally Posted by: KorriFleming Go to Quoted Post
The pattern prints. The mat stays in the back. The cutter head does not come out at all. Version number 1.01 (0106:????:0000:202A) That is all that happens. I hope you can help. It is getting frustrating.

Thanks,
Korri

The 0000 tells me your cutter board is not getting updated. That means either the board is dead or the cable connecting to the board has come loose, probably during shipping. Sorry, but your Imagine needs to be replaced. Please let me know if I can help.

Chris
Provo Craft
StephanieHester1 Offline
#85 Posted : Sunday, February 20, 2011 7:51:12 AM(UTC)
StephanieHester1

Thanks so much for all of this information. It has taken me several hours to get to this point but I think it is finally going to work. I have restored and it hung up but I finally found the post to manually install my drivers and the process is moving. It would be great if provocraft would post this information on their site. I searched for hours last night on Cricut Imagine drivers, etc. and never found anything but so glad all of this information is here. If I have any more problems will definitely come back here as so much information is found here. Thanks!
Mandy Offline
#86 Posted : Thursday, February 24, 2011 12:26:35 PM(UTC)
Mandy

Was thanked: 457 time(s) in 341 post(s)
Oh mighty Chris, I need your help! I have read through this entire thread and am at a loss. I tried to update my Imagine and it gave me that screen that says something about seeing the imagine but not being able to communicate with it over and over. So I thought the system restore was the way to go. I got all the way to send updated firmware step 1 of 2. I didn't move for about 20 minutes so I turned off the imagine. I turned it back on in regular mode and it sync didn't recognize it, so after about another 20 minutes I turned it off again and turned it back on in restore mode again. It still hasn't moved after an hour. What do I do now oh wise one?Laugh
14cross Offline
#87 Posted : Thursday, February 24, 2011 1:56:30 PM(UTC)
14cross

Originally Posted by: Mandy Go to Quoted Post
Oh mighty Chris, I need your help! I have read through this entire thread and am at a loss. I tried to update my Imagine and it gave me that screen that says something about seeing the imagine but not being able to communicate with it over and over. So I thought the system restore was the way to go. I got all the way to send updated firmware step 1 of 2. I didn't move for about 20 minutes so I turned off the imagine. I turned it back on in regular mode and it sync didn't recognize it, so after about another 20 minutes I turned it off again and turned it back on in restore mode again. It still hasn't moved after an hour. What do I do now oh wise one?Laugh

You should only have to restart your Imagine in recovery mode at the very beginning. Right before it begins sending the updated firmware it asks you to restart your Imagine. But this is a normal restart not a restart in recovery mode. Once restarted is should begin sending the updated firmware. How good is your internet connection? I'm wondering if it may have timed out and that is why the recovery process did not continue. Your machine is fine or it would not have gone as far as it did. Your firewall and anti virus seem fine though you might check them to make sure they allow Cricut Sync to run. Maybe at the "Send updated firmware" step the anti virus program said, "Wait a minute. This doesn't look like something I recognize." So it stops the process.

The process takes a little while to complete so be patient with it. Sounds like you are being patient. If you get past this step and get to the content update step it will take 20 - 45 minutes to complete that step. It may appear that nothing is happening but it is.

Try running System Restore again and let me know how it goes. Pay close attention to what both the Imagine and the Cricut Sync screens are telling you. Also be sure to follow the instructions for doing a System Restore.

Chris
Provo Craft
Mandy Offline
#88 Posted : Thursday, February 24, 2011 2:18:26 PM(UTC)
Mandy

You should only have to restart your Imagine in recovery mode at the very beginning. Right before it begins sending the updated firmware it asks you to restart your Imagine. But this is a normal restart not a restart in recovery mode. Once restarted is should begin sending the updated firmware. How good is your internet connection? I'm wondering if it may have timed out and that is why the recovery process did not continue. Your machine is fine or it would not have gone as far as it did. Your firewall and anti virus seem fine though you might check them to make sure they allow Cricut Sync to run. Maybe at the "Send updated firmware" step the anti virus program said, "Wait a minute. This doesn't look like something I recognize." So it stops the process.

The process takes a little while to complete so be patient with it. Sounds like you are being patient. If you get past this step and get to the content update step it will take 20 - 45 minutes to complete that step. It may appear that nothing is happening but it is.

Try running System Restore again and let me know how it goes. Pay close attention to what both the Imagine and the Cricut Sync screens are telling you. Also be sure to follow the instructions for doing a System Restore.

Chris
Provo Craft

I have both my firewall and anti virus completely off so it wouldn't interfere. I have started the restore again and it is working, but seems to have stopped at the process recovery data step. It has been here for about 45 minutes now. My Imagine screen is just blue and has been since I restarted the restore process.

I have Mifi through Verizon and haven't been kicked off line or anything and I have been Glare stalking Glare the MB fine while trying to get it to work.

As of right now my imagine and computer are just hooked up and it says the imagine is working,

Thanks again Chris
14cross Offline
#89 Posted : Thursday, February 24, 2011 2:25:22 PM(UTC)
14cross

Originally Posted by: Mandy Go to Quoted Post
I have both my firewall and anti virus completely off so it wouldn't interfere. I have started the restore again and it is working, but seems to have stopped at the process recovery data step. It has been here for about 45 minutes now. My Imagine screen is just blue and has been since I restarted the restore process.

I have Mifi through Verizon and haven't been kicked off line or anything and I have been Glare stalking Glare the MB fine while trying to get it to work.

As of right now my imagine and computer are just hooked up and it says the imagine is working,

Thanks again Chris

The screen is blue? Is there a little cross hairs in the upper left corner of the Imagine screen? If so it may be asking you to calibrate your screen. I can't remember now but I think that was part of the restore process. Try calibrating the screen by pressing on the center of the crosshairs at all corners and in the middle. See if that doesn't move things along.

Chris
Provo Craft
Mandy Offline
#90 Posted : Thursday, February 24, 2011 2:27:09 PM(UTC)
Mandy

The screen is blue? Is there a little cross hairs in the upper left corner of the Imagine screen? If so it may be asking you to calibrate your screen. I can't remember now but I think that was part of the restore process. Try calibrating the screen by pressing on the center of the crosshairs at all corners and in the middle. See if that doesn't move things along.

Chris
Provo Craft

Nope, no cross hairs and touching the screen does nothing