Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

kiwiscrapper Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 10:21:24 PM(UTC)
kiwiscrapper

Groups: Registered

Confused I have been asked to make a memory book for a teacher of reading who is retiring. There are still 40 of her students still at the school. I thought of a paper bag album and a photo of each child on a page. Then a tag with comments from the children themselves that gives a personal message.
ANy other ideas?
enolamom Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, November 05, 2010 6:59:04 AM(UTC)
enolamom

Was thanked: 73 time(s) in 56 post(s)
That sounds so nice and thoughtful too. My only thought is that since it is a memory book, would it be possible to add pictures, photos, comments, etc. from co-workers and former students that she has worked with through the years? It might be hard work to gather things from the past, but it would surely bring back good memories for her. Maybe with the help of some of the staff..............BigGrin No matter what you come up with, I'm sure tears will flow. Good luck.
SueNOVICK Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 06, 2010 5:50:23 AM(UTC)
SueNOVICK

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Do you have access to the old yearbooks? You could make color copies for your book. The paperbag book sounds nice, but I wonder how it will hold up to a lot of people looking at it...'cause you know there will be. 40 students....you might want to put more than 1 per page, so a 12 x 12 might be a better bet.....that way you could group them grade. Also, try to find out what some of her favorite reading books were and use those titles for your page titles; i.e. "Little Women" might be a favorite and you could put some of the girls on that page....the little guys could be on the "one fish, two fish, blue fish, red fish page.