Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

JuneHouck Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 07, 2010 7:47:58 AM(UTC)
JuneHouck

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 215 time(s) in 130 post(s)

Lots of "firsts"! I have a new Provo Craft Cricut Expression and I just had to play :) I cut out the Eiffel Tower and the "Merci" sentiment. This machine is amazing. It has a place of honor right now in the middle of my kitchen table for all to admire. I usually have anxiety when I need to learn how to do anything machine-related. (Learning to blog was a huge learning curve for me...lol). I took the machine out of the box, set it up following the easy-breezy directions, and cut out these two items with no trouble; all in less than an hour! This machine has infinite capabilities, and I am ready to learn. If I can do it, anyone can.

I had an idea in my head for a card with the Eiffel Tower and a "merci" flag flying from it with a script background. Yes, my mind goes to Provo Craft products first...I luv my embossing folders and dies! I did not have any other plan for a sketch or other embellishments. I started with the flag and then thought it might be fun to make a flag of France. I needed my Tweezer Bees to glue on the "Merci". I love that little tool! After I embossed the kraft card stock, I wanted the script to "pop", so I distressed it. Michael's has Martha Stewart border & corner punches on clearance (score!), so I tried my new border punch. I have had the black studs (yes, they are black IRL) in my stash for over a year, and I thought this is a perfect time to try them.

I know this sounds like an ad for Provo Craft, but I promise I have not been paid to do so!

Supplies:
Eiffel Tower: Cricut Wall Decor and More cartridge
Merci: Cricut French Manor cartridge
embossed background: Cuttlebug Script embossing folder, distressed with Tim Holtz inks (pumice stone & vintage photo.)
border punches: Martha Stewart French Scroll and SU scallop
studs: Prima
Mamoth Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 05, 2010 8:19:31 AM(UTC)
Mamoth

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Oh, la la nice
rhondah* Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, December 20, 2010 8:25:18 AM(UTC)
rhondah*

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 15689 time(s) in 9092 post(s)
Fabulous!