Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

CaJunCraftGirl Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 09, 2010 4:10:45 PM(UTC)
CaJunCraftGirl

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I am new to this whole CRICUT thing. I am trying to do my first project of Christmas Cards, and I do not know what size to cut them. Does, anyone have a cheat sheet or something that I could use as a reference. If so, I would be so grateful.

Or give me an example like what size to cut the card, and then what size to cut envelope, because what I am doing is not working. Yikes, I am ready to pull my hair out!

Please someone save ME!CursingCrying

Cajuncraftgirl30
scrapnkitty Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 09, 2010 4:41:49 PM(UTC)
scrapnkitty

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 31 post(s)
I'm not sure which machine you have, but make sure that you have 'real dial size' OFF. I would cut the cards at about 5.5 to 6 inches. With the real dial size off, keep the same size on your machine and everything should cut relative to the card you are cutting. So if you make a 6in card, everything should cut to fit that card including the envelope and any words or embellishment cuts.

Hope this makes sense!
 1 user thanked scrapnkitty for this useful post.
CaJunCraftGirl on 11/9/2010(UTC)
NotGoingGreyGracefully Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 09, 2010 8:43:38 PM(UTC)
NotGoingGreyGracefully

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 801 time(s) in 451 post(s)
Send a PM to

MamaC

Just click on "search" in the upper right where your profile is, and search "all Forums" for posts by "MamaC". Open one up, click on her PM button and ask for her Cheat Sheet on Just Because Cards, or Wild cards, or what ever carts she has. I have all her cheat sheets, I just have no idea where they are in my scrap room (i'm lucky to be able to find my Cricut!!!) or on my computer (help!! I'm drowning in emails!!).

Carolyn is the nicest, sweetest person you would want to meet (and she has a cabin in the NC mountains, I'm buttering her up to wangle an invite!), and just ask what she has, she will be happy to share but will have to email to you as they are word docs and can't be linked or sent in a PM.

HTH!!

Whoops! just reread your OP. When you cut your envie, which you do first, make it as large as will fit on the page. Then, without changing the size, cut your card and it should fit. That's what worked for me.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 09, 2010 8:46:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users thanked NotGoingGreyGracefully for this useful post.
CaJunCraftGirl on 11/9/2010(UTC), MamaC2 on 3/9/2011(UTC)
CaJunCraftGirl Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 09, 2010 9:54:08 PM(UTC)
CaJunCraftGirl

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Thank You all for the help!

I will try all of the suggestions!
AprilK Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 19, 2010 10:02:07 PM(UTC)
AprilK

If you have a google account look up Cricut cheat sheet....Pretty awesome!
mamabearcol Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, March 07, 2011 8:03:54 PM(UTC)
mamabearcol

Just be sure when you are ready to do your card you take off the "fit to page" function.BigGrin
heaven4333 Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, March 08, 2011 3:12:59 PM(UTC)
heaven4333

Was thanked: 258 time(s) in 244 post(s)
MamaC2 Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, March 09, 2011 5:13:32 AM(UTC)
MamaC2

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1756 post(s)
Originally Posted by: NotGoingGreyGracefully Go to Quoted Post
Send a PM to

MamaC

Just click on "search" in the upper right where your profile is, and search "all Forums" for posts by "MamaC". Open one up, click on her PM button and ask for her Cheat Sheet on Just Because Cards, or Wild cards, or what ever carts she has. I have all her cheat sheets, I just have no idea where they are in my scrap room (i'm lucky to be able to find my Cricut!!!) or on my computer (help!! I'm drowning in emails!!).

Carolyn is the nicest, sweetest person you would want to meet (and she has a cabin in the NC mountains, I'm buttering her up to wangle an invite!), and just ask what she has, she will be happy to share but will have to email to you as they are word docs and can't be linked or sent in a PM.

HTH!!

Whoops! just reread your OP. When you cut your envie, which you do first, make it as large as will fit on the page. Then, without changing the size, cut your card and it should fit. That's what worked for me.

NGGC...you are so sweet! Boy, I wish I had a cabin in the mountains!BigGrin I was staying in one that belonged to someone else! Sorry for the confusion! However, I do live 10 miles from Helen, GA (Little Alpine). My house is often referred to as a bed and breakfast!!LOL

I will be happy to send the Word documents, but I warn you...Just Because Cards is not a real easy cart to use! It differs from Wild Card (which is the best!!)! I got confused on some of the cards and envelopes. I will be happy to send my information to anyone who will PM me with their email address. Read the info carefully...then practice, practice, practice!!!