Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

TooBuggy Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 10, 2010 9:29:32 PM(UTC)
TooBuggy

Groups: Registered

When the Knifty Knitter came out I thought about buying it but decided I had too many crafting topics as it was. IE I wanted to get caught up on my scrapbooking.

Anyway I'm still not caught up on it but just had a baby girl and what to make/get a hat that will fit her head. The beanies I have are too big or too little.

Any tips on getting started... what type of yard would be good for this and really really soft?
Thanks!!!
JeanniePhillips Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 10, 2010 9:46:06 PM(UTC)
JeanniePhillips

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 502 time(s) in 322 post(s)
It is easy easy easy... I was terrified to try it when I would look at instruction books... but one day I checked out You Tube...went and bought my first loom that day... about 10 weeks ago... now I have 9 looms one a sock loom ordered!!!... just go to you tube...type in loom knitting, baby hat and you will be well on your way...remember to post your projects!

hugs
Jeannie
cricutgrandma Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2010 6:29:51 AM(UTC)
cricutgrandma

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have bought both sets of the knifty knitter looms (round & rectangle) from JoAnn's in the last two weeks. I Have made 6 baby hats and 4 toddlar hats with the round ones. IF you have not already bought them do so. They are very easy to use. You will love them once you have them (very addictong).
TooBuggy Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2010 7:01:43 AM(UTC)
TooBuggy

Ok guys
I did it
I had a 50%off at Michael's so I got one
I hope to tube it today and start rift away

Any tips on type or brand of yard?
Di&Co Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2010 1:45:15 PM(UTC)
Di&Co

Canada

Was thanked: 21843 time(s) in 5376 post(s)
Depends what you like yarnwise. I have two large garbage bag fulls of yarn I bought at garage sales and I love going through the bags and choosing stuff that I can use for the various projects. On Monday I was at M's in the city and picked yarn that I loved the feel of. I think that's a good place to start! Good luck!
JeanniePhillips Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2010 2:14:12 PM(UTC)
JeanniePhillips

TooBuggy wrote:
Ok guys
I did it
I had a 50%off at Michael's so I got one
I hope to tube it today and start rift away

Any tips on type or brand of yard?

Love my yarn is inexpensive and soft...that is what I use most the time so far!

Hugs
Jeannie
GreatNanny Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2010 7:15:15 PM(UTC)
GreatNanny

Was thanked: 224 time(s) in 183 post(s)
Jeannie, do you knit using needles in addition to using the Knifty Knitter? Your work is beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration.
JeanniePhillips Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2010 9:17:39 PM(UTC)
JeanniePhillips

GreatNanny wrote:
Jeannie, do you knit using needles in addition to using the Knifty Knitter? Your work is beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration.

Oh thank you!!...I only use the Knifty Knitters... I use a crochet hook to make the ropes that old the pom poms on some of my hats... and the fringe on the bright orange, green and yellow scarf that I made...

The first weekend in October we went to Gatlinburg for our anniversary... it was during the craft fair...I got to meet this wonderful lady that knits for a profession...and has since 1979...she travles everywhere to do demos...and do this amazing work...she so inspired me...that is when I came home and really worked at doing new things.

I also prayed over my looms when I started...and often pray over new projects... I told God that I wanted to be good at this...to really understand it... God is so good!!

Hugs
Jeannie
TooBuggy Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2010 11:41:07 PM(UTC)
TooBuggy

JeanniePhillips wrote:
Oh thank you!!...I only use the Knifty Knitters... I use a crochet hook to make the ropes that old the pom poms on some of my hats... and the fringe on the bright orange, green and yellow scarf that I made...

The first weekend in October we went to Gatlinburg for our anniversary... it was during the craft fair...I got to meet this wonderful lady that knits for a profession...and has since 1979...she travles everywhere to do demos...and do this amazing work...she so inspired me...that is when I came home and really worked at doing new things.

I also prayed over my looms when I started...and often pray over new projects... I told God that I wanted to be good at this...to really understand it... God is so good!!

Hugs
Jeannie

So true about the God part of things. He really blesses things and us when we ask Him to. I once borrowed a friends skill saw and he was giving me some tips to using it and at the end added he always says a prayer first. :)
Obviously knitting isn't going to take off a finger but I could see prayer helping just the same.
♥Carol♥ Offline
#10 Posted : Saturday, November 13, 2010 7:21:45 AM(UTC)
♥Carol♥

Was thanked: 2765 time(s) in 2202 post(s)
BTW, you can purchase a small ring that is just the perfect size for babies, and so soft and cuddly when made with some of the wonderful baby yarns available. Plus this same loom can be made with the felting yarn for bottle cozies ... they really turn out cute!