Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

amysaldanha Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, November 15, 2010 6:50:35 AM(UTC)
amysaldanha

Groups: Registered

Hi Ladies,

I just purchased a your story from my michaels because they were clearancing them
off for $65.00. I have been wanting one but was not sure about the price, but couldn't pass up this amount. My concern now is I have heard there is a new one coming out, will I be able to use the same refills from the new machine for my machine. Or will I have to be searching online for supplies?
Any helps would be greatly appreciated, and any tips or hints is welcomed too. I haven't even taken it out of the box.
Thanks
Amy
jdmag911 Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, November 15, 2010 8:00:29 AM(UTC)
jdmag911

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Look at hsn.com. They have the new one for $29.99....something like that. It is smaller. Jeannette
mashawntoney Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, November 15, 2010 9:45:32 PM(UTC)
mashawntoney

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 19 post(s)
The new Yourstory products will work with the older version. You can also make your own covers. I used the box from a frozen dinner. You can use cardstock, cereal box, paper, anything that won't melt if a little heat is applied.
Here is what I did.
1. Measured the length and width of my pages and also the thickness of the pages i.e. 8in long and 5in wide and 1/4in thick
2. Figured out how long I needed to cut my box to cover front and back and have enough for spine and overhang. Account for spine and over hang, I added an additional 1/2in to length (1/4 for spine and 1/4 for overhang) and 1/4in to width i.e. 8x2=16+1/2= total length 16 1/2in total width 5 1/4in.
3. Cut my frozen dinner box to fit my pages 16 1/2in long and 5 1/4 in wide
4. Mark the cover for scoring of spine i.e. 1/4in in center of cover
5. Covered my frozen dinner box with cardstock design
6. Put hot glue in the spine space
7. Waited for glue to dry
8. Turned machine on to warm up
9. Once machine was ready, put pages in cover and clamped into place with clip
10. Put books in machine and waited
11. As the glue started to melt, I pushed the pages down to make sure that they all got attached (I had 76 pages or I wouldn't have pushed the pages)
12. When machine beeped for completion, I took the book out and put on the cooling rack

It was my first time using the Yourstory. And I wanted to test it before I used it on one of my good book covers. I needed to create a book cover for a Cricut cartridge book I had printed out. I got the idea to create my own cover from a YouTube video.
 3 users thanked mashawntoney for this useful post.
dreamer633 on 11/16/2010(UTC), Gran24 on 12/4/2010(UTC), cricutalltime on 12/23/2010(UTC)