Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Sharon (rsmobley85) Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 20, 2010 10:25:07 PM(UTC)
Sharon  (rsmobley85)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello everyone.

My name is Sharon and im new to this forum. This is my first post. But if you check my profile you will see I joined back in Dec. 06. And yes, that is correct.

You see. I registered when I got my very first cutter machine. Which was the New on the market baby bug. And when there were only a few carts out at that time. And they were mainly one layer diecuts and Fonts.

I worked with the baby bug for about 8 weeks. And it worked great. And I was cutting cereal boxes and bazzill with no problems and that was awesome. But I wanted paper piecings. So I was cutting several of the same item in several colors and then cutting them apart and piecing them together. And then I heard about the Craftrobo and I was hooked. I bought it and sold the baby bug with all the carts. I learned to design things on my one from the day I got the robo. And it has been awesome. But I wanted some thing that cut full size, because, as you know, The robo only cuts 8 inches wide. So it was hard to do 12 x 12 over lays. But I figured out a way to do that. And that worked out great for a year. But it was time to upgrade. So I bought the KNK groove. The first eddition. The day it came out. Well, I am still using it since then. So I still have the Blue Craft robo and my KNK Groove.

But for some reason. I have really been wanting a Cricut expression. So I ended up finding a good deal on HSN and so I bought it. It came with the Cricut Expression, 3 carts, The Gypsy, carring bag, car charger, sleeve and other cables.

I just got it this past week. And spent the week, registering every thing, updating both and all is good. I tell you, I learned alot about the Gypsy this week, having never used one. I did a double page layout for a challenge on Cooking with Cricut. And it turned out wonderful. I will post that in the first projects section in a little big.

Im so supper excited to be using a Cricut again. My first cut was just like old times and it was so nice. I cant wait to cut some more stuff on it.

So just wanted to stop in and introduce myself. Now you know where I have been the last 4 years. Well, Im back. LOL!

Hope to see you around

Sharon
gcmcevoy Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 21, 2010 7:44:43 AM(UTC)
gcmcevoy

United States

Was thanked: 702 time(s) in 607 post(s)
Wow, you've been a busy bee! Welcome back! can't wait to see what you have made with your E and gypsy.
Doxieluv01 Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 21, 2010 2:39:49 PM(UTC)
Doxieluv01

Was thanked: 2263 time(s) in 1789 post(s)
welcome back to the wonderful world of cricut!!!!!!
Scrappymama17 Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 21, 2010 3:10:42 PM(UTC)
Scrappymama17

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 21 post(s)
congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the message board. This is a good place to start and there are also tons of videos on the web to help you learn how to use the Gypsy. I have a baby bug, cricut design studio and the gypsy. After I learned how to get around the gypsy I really love it. I also have the cuttlebug. What a great combo for cardmaking and scrapbooking and other paper crafts. Enjoy!
Gadget girl Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 21, 2010 4:00:36 PM(UTC)
Gadget girl

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 424 time(s) in 184 post(s)
Hiya I saw you have used the craft Robo and just wondered how it compared with the Cricut. I have just recently got the Imagine which is working great but am finding problems with the mat not being very sticky. I also have the Gypsy. Thanks Susan
Sara Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 02, 2010 2:26:40 PM(UTC)
Sara

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I saw your post and had to reply. I have a Craft Robo sitting in my closet. It's jealous because I have an Expression in the house now, got it for my birthday back in October. I really like it a lot and I've been doing a few things with it that I cannot remember doing with my Craft Robo. I actually tried to update and upgrade my CR before buying my Expression, but, I couldn't get it all worked out.

The Expression is super easy compared to the CR. I do miss using my fonts though! I have the Design Studio and I'm patiently waiting for the FEDEX man to deliver my Gypsy.

Sara BigGrin
 1 user thanked Sara for this useful post.
Gadget girl on 4/22/2012(UTC)