Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

MelindaBottino Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 27, 2010 5:15:38 PM(UTC)
MelindaBottino

Groups: Registered

Hello. I just opened my cricut expressions that my mother bought me and I need help. When I turn on my cricut is it suppose to make a loud grinding noise. I turn it on and it makes a loud gringing noise and then the blade housing goes backwards.
Then when I go to load mat, the bar doesn't look like it is moving. It almost looks like the mat is too big to fit under the roller bar. I have tried it about 20 times and tried it from the other side. but nothing works.
Melinda.
gcmcevoy Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 27, 2010 7:15:11 PM(UTC)
gcmcevoy

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 702 time(s) in 607 post(s)
Hi Melinda!
Welcome to the message board ! Sorry to hear you are having problems.

First check to see you have your blade housing in right, make sure it is not too low in the holder.Also make sure your blade housing is facing you. Look for the arrow that shows the numbers for the blade depth , that arrow should face you.

Second, when you load your mat make sure you put in the side with the large arrow or its opposite side (top and bottom not left and right) there is a grove on the door it is to the left of where you put the cart in make sure the edge of the mat is against that groove.

There is a way to reset your machine. I think it is posted in one of the more resent threads on this forum. You can do a search for resetting your machine.

Hope this helps a little.
Gina