Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

JaneSmith5 Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 28, 2010 3:45:37 AM(UTC)
JaneSmith5

Groups: Registered

Just got my new Cricut, but it seems I have to turn the pressure dial up high and also the depth of the blade just to cut paper. Having problems with card as only one more click on the pressure dial to go. Is there something I am doing wrong, or is this normal please? Confused Any help please? Thank you. Jane.
Narelle Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 28, 2010 5:05:06 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7813 time(s) in 3647 post(s)
That's definitely not normal for a new blade and new mat.

Using cardstock you should be able to cut well with the blade depth on 4 and the pressure on about 3 or 4 (medium - high).

Check that your blade housing is in properly. It should look like this:

Also check that you have the blade in the correct way. The pointy end goes inside the blade housing.
Olivia'sNana Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 28, 2010 5:05:18 AM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 878 time(s) in 416 post(s)
I leave my machine set on high pressure, high speed, blade depth 5 for 99% of my cuts and rarely have any problems. I got this tip from "cricut dan" at the Ft Worth scrapbook convention and it has really worked for me. I do use my multi cut feature (2times) if I am cutting more intricut images on cardstock paper. Try this and see if it helps. Also make sure that your blade is free of paper or lint build up.
saraStallcup3 Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 28, 2010 8:06:59 AM(UTC)
saraStallcup3

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Olivia's nanny----does this dull your blade quickly? I am having trouble with mine too. I have it set up correctly, but it won't cut all of the parts out. Is it best to go on slow speed?
Olivia'sNana Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 28, 2010 8:27:24 AM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 878 time(s) in 416 post(s)
saraStallcup3 wrote:
Olivia's nanny----does this dull your blade quickly? I am having trouble with mine too. I have it set up correctly, but it won't cut all of the parts out. Is it best to go on slow speed?

I have not noticed it dulling my blade any quicker than otherwise. I haven't changed it in months and still cuts good. Actually, the only settings that I control are pressure and blade depth. I never cut straight from my expression because I use Design Studio for EVERYTHING and DS controls the speed (I think it is always High). I just know these settings and leaving them there has caused me very very few cutting problems. And like I mentioned, using the multi cut feature when necessary. The only time I will change them is if I am cutting vellum or chip board which I rarely do or when I use my markers, then I lower my pressure to the second bar.

Make sure that your mat is clean and your paper is on it with no bubbles or bumps caused by particles clinging to your mat. I usually will take the edge of a 12" ruler and scrap across my paper to make sure that it is totally flat on my mat and adhered good.