Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

LoriBarnard Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 04, 2010 6:00:35 PM(UTC)
LoriBarnard

Groups: Registered

Greetings all,

I'm a newbie to this forum and the product. I've got some basic questions, can anyone help...

1. How do we move/load the software onto another PC? My husband loaded the software on his PC so he could learn the software and then teach me. So, when we tried to load the software on my PC, it won't activate the key; says it's already on another PC. We tried uninstalling it on his PC thinking it would then allow us to install it on mine, but no luck (apparently Provo only cares about when you install it, and not when you uninstall it). Hope we don't have to buy another copy because that would not make me a very happy customer.

2. Will the Design Studio software let someone make their on designs from scratch? We assumed the software would let us design and cut our own designs from scratch (it is called "Design Studio"), but we don't see any basic tools for drawing, importing lines, shapes, etc., which we expected it to do.

3. Is running the "Update firmware" tool how someone updates the list of available cartridges in the menu list?

4. After reading the instructions, I assume the associated cartridge must be plugged in when using Design Studio. So, can designs from one cartridge be mixed with designs from another cartridge during the same cutting session?

5. There seems to be a lot of missing details in the manual (such as my questions above). Short of spending hours reviewing old posts, is there a quick access FAQ list somewhere on this or another site?

Thanks in advance,
Lori
gcmcevoy Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 04, 2010 6:14:37 PM(UTC)
gcmcevoy

United States

Was thanked: 702 time(s) in 607 post(s)
Hi Lori,
I am guessing you are talking about DS? I think it can only be on one machine and if you need to switch computers you have to call Provo Craft.
The best place for your questions to be answered is in the DS forum. I am sure there are plenty of helpful people there.
I don't have a DS this is just what I have read on the MB from other members.
You may try and go to cricut.com and look for the manual there. I have a gypsy and only got a little booklet with it because the main manual is on line.
Hope that helps.
Can't wait to see what you make!
Doxieluv01 Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 04, 2010 6:50:19 PM(UTC)
Doxieluv01

Was thanked: 2263 time(s) in 1789 post(s)
LoriBarnard wrote:
Greetings all,

I'm a newbie to this forum and the product. I've got some basic questions, can anyone help...

1. How do we move/load the software onto another PC? My husband loaded the software on his PC so he could learn the software and then teach me. So, when we tried to load the software on my PC, it won't activate the key; says it's already on another PC. We tried uninstalling it on his PC thinking it would then allow us to install it on mine, but no luck (apparently Provo only cares about when you install it, and not when you uninstall it). Hope we don't have to buy another copy because that would not make me a very happy customer. You don't need to purchase another copy you will have to call provocraft and tell them what happened and have them unlock your serial number so you can install it on your PC.

2. Will the Design Studio software let someone make their on designs from scratch? We assumed the software would let us design and cut our own designs from scratch (it is called "Design Studio"), but we don't see any basic tools for drawing, importing lines, shapes, etc., which we expected it to do. You can not "draw" with design studio but you can create your own designs by using existing shapes on your cartridges that you own.

3. Is running the "Update firmware" tool how someone updates the list of available cartridges in the menu list? No running the firmware updates the software on your cricut. To update the software you can find the updates here http://www.cricut.com/cds/Update.aspx

4. After reading the instructions, I assume the associated cartridge must be plugged in when using Design Studio. So, can designs from one cartridge be mixed with designs from another cartridge during the same cutting session? Yes - when you tell design studio to cut it will ask if you want to search for the cartridges using a jukebox. If yo udon't have one press No (or cancel) then you will be prompted to insert the cartridges into your cricut and then press okay. Don't turn off your cricut when you insert them. After they have been inserted it will begin cutting your design.