Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Lady A Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 05, 2010 12:12:23 PM(UTC)
Lady A

Groups: Registered

Confused Morning all I need some help tried to search and it would not let me... My wonderful DH is looking to get me a cricut on ebay but where I am lost is I have seem comments like never been linked or only linked to... what does this all mean. I love what I see the machine can do but dont want to waste money by getting one that I can't use.
Thanks in advance for any advice
Doxieluv01 Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 05, 2010 1:01:48 PM(UTC)
Doxieluv01

Was thanked: 2263 time(s) in 1789 post(s)
be careful buying on ebay. if it's not an authorized retailer your warranty will not transfer from the seller to you the buyer.

linked cartridges have to do with the gypsy. if a cart has been linked to a gypay it can be used in the cricut machine without a problem but can not be linked to another gypsy. so if you ever get a gypsy you wouldn't be able to use that cartridge in the gypsy with the cricut.
Lady A Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 05, 2010 4:21:01 PM(UTC)
Lady A

BigGrin thanks so much for the info I do understand the warenty wont transfer DH is big into reserach and only top sellers, but want to get it for cheaper to see how much we use it. ( he plans to scrapbook his military career)
sweetpea1030 Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 05, 2010 6:15:23 PM(UTC)
sweetpea1030

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 1605 time(s) in 1020 post(s)
I've purchased all my machines directly from Provo Craft.

The prices are very competitive on Ebay. I only consider NIB products (New In Box) or "New". A description of what you're purchasing ususally accompanies each product. An honest seller will tell you what you need to know about your purchase. You can also message the seller and ask specifically if any question you have about the products, such as has it been linked to a Gypsy. There are some very respectable reliable sellers on Ebay, so read the feedback from the purchases and/or ask on the MB about their experience with a particular seller. If you do your homework, you will be able to take advantage of some of the advantages of using Ebay. It took me months of looking before I was comfortable enough to make a purchase from a particular seller. Now I have two or three favorites. Sometimes I think it's the same seller under a different names BigGrin.

If a cartrige is linked to a gypsy, you won't be able to link it to yours if you decide to buy a gypsy. Some people don't mind. But there's always a possiblity. I never thought I would use Design Studio. Use it all the time. Never thought I'd buy a Gypsy, now I have a Gypsy.

Just know what you're doing and be careful doing it.

scrapalette Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 05, 2010 6:32:39 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19134 time(s) in 8556 post(s)
I'd recommend checking your local WalMart. They had the Cricut Expression on Black Friday for $185. Some of the WalMarts still have some and the price varies from still at $185 to $220.