Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

estherhead Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 12, 2010 1:07:23 PM(UTC)
estherhead

Groups: Registered

Has anyone done the glasses? Wondering for a normal kid, say 8-10 years old, what size I should cut these at? I was assuming 12" would be adult size? Anyone given them a try?
mischievousFox Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 01, 2011 6:07:01 AM(UTC)
mischievousFox

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 274 time(s) in 249 post(s)
I just started to cut these last night. I used fit to page on my Imagine.... not sure what size those ended up because I couldn't get the layers the correct size..... so then I put in 5 inches and then layered.... those were pretty big. I then cut out the alien ones at 4 inches and those seem about right for that age probably. They're a bit big on my DD and she's nearly 5. I'm going to try to cut them out at 3 inches and see how that goes. Then I'll try to post a picture! Anyone else cut out these glasses?! I'm trying to get many ready for a birthday party in February!

ETA: Ok - so I finally got a good fit for my daughter at 2.5inches!! Really! She could run around and they didn't fall off - but my kids are thin with narrow faces so I'm guessing larger kids will need larger ones. I think that cutting these at 4-5 inches would probably work for most people? Not totally sure though. They fit my oldest two kids who are 4 and 6. I think I'll be making 3 inch ones to mostly fit DD's friends. The 3 inch glasses fit my kids, but they were more likely to fall off as they were zipping around. I have some pictures of them on my blog.... I'll try to remember to post them here! Good luck!

Gearing up for a Birthday

Edited by user Saturday, January 01, 2011 4:22:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked mischievousFox for this useful post.
mariacastellanos on 2/9/2011(UTC)