Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tylee_88 Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 14, 2010 10:49:10 AM(UTC)
Tylee_88

Groups: Registered

I need HELP!!! I am trying to look at every ones posts. When my page loads I get this ad for the Cricut magazine/the new new mini Cricut cake and in some peoples post it is in the middle of their pictures. There is no way to close it. Am I missing something? When I click on it it brings me to the place to order the magazine or JoAnn Fabrics. What ever ad is displaying at that time. Is anyone else having this problem? Is there a way to fix it? Any suggestions will be GREATLY appreciated! Thank you in advance! ~Tylee
LisaDePugh Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 14, 2010 3:05:37 PM(UTC)
LisaDePugh

Was thanked: 285 time(s) in 215 post(s)
Everyone is having the same problem. And believe me, everyone is complaining. There is no way to get rid of it. The only thing I've found that "usually" works is to leave the forum for a while then go back later. I think the ad must be set up to run every so many minutes or something like that. It's PC's board, I guess they can run whatever ad however they want, but this one is almost enough to make me NOT get the ______ magazine!
Narelle Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 14, 2010 3:11:51 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7817 time(s) in 3649 post(s)
You can get rid of it by using an adblocker. Firefox has one called AdBlocker Plus. (Thanks to Scrapalette and her brilliant son for putting me on to that little gem)

Select Tools, Add-ons and search for AdBlocker Plus. Make sure you don't block ALL of cricut.com or you won't see ANY pics from here.

Other browsers most likely have them too.

Edited by user Tuesday, December 14, 2010 3:12:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users thanked Narelle for this useful post.
Tylee_88 on 12/14/2010(UTC), scrapalette on 12/18/2010(UTC)
Tylee_88 Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 14, 2010 3:44:37 PM(UTC)
Tylee_88

Thank you so much for the responses! I thought I was going CRAZY! I also posted in the cards section and MANY people are just as miffed! It just isn't right that people work so hard on their creations and no one can admire them due to the ad. Thank you Narelle I do have FireFox how ever I'm not very computer savvy. I'll have to find someone who is! ~Tylee