Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

22 Pages«<1718192021>»
Sara Andrews1 Offline
#541 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2011 2:55:35 PM(UTC)
Sara Andrews1

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 28861 time(s) in 7359 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Ry&MysMom Go to Quoted Post
Hi Chris!

Very frustrated here. I am trying to cut and print simple images from the Better Together cart, nothing fancy, just the "hello cupcake" and its layers, not even changing any of the prints. My I would print but not cut. It would go to the motion of "cutting" where it would move the mat from top to the bottom then restart right when it's about to cut. Why is it doing this? I have never had problems before. I have had it since launch, bought it from HSN.

My I's stats are:
Version 1.01
(0115:0027:0239:202A)

Mine was doing this with Enjoy the Seasons a week ago. Let me see if I can find the post because I never got a response.
Sara Andrews1 Offline
#542 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2011 2:57:26 PM(UTC)
Sara Andrews1

Originally Posted by: SaraAndrews1 Go to Quoted Post
Hello Chris,

Imagine Version 1.01
(0115:0027:0239:202A) I just updated.

It will print but not cut images from my Imagine Gypsy app or straight from an Imagine cart. Prints, run like it's going to cut, when it gets to the image, it restarts itself.

It will print and cut a regular cart image.

HELP!!

Thank you,

Sara

Added~ my machine is mocking me now!! I updated again, ran the trouble shoot. Now it will print and cut from Kate's Kitchen and Snow Angel, but it will NOT cut the bikini girl from Enjoy the Seasons. Ideas?

Btt
14cross Offline
#543 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2011 3:01:48 PM(UTC)
14cross

Groups: Cricut Community Moderator, Registered

Was thanked: 798 time(s) in 205 post(s)
Hi Chris!

Very frustrated here. I am trying to cut and print simple images from the Better Together cart, nothing fancy, just the "hello cupcake" and its layers, not even changing any of the prints. My I would print but not cut. It would go to the motion of "cutting" where it would move the mat from top to the bottom then restart right when it's about to cut. Why is it doing this? I have never had problems before. I have had it since launch, bought it from HSN.

My I's stats are:
Version 1.01

Do you have another mat you can try using? The mat may be causing the problem. Other than that the problem doesn't make any sense. It shouldn't shut down when trying to cut a simple image. Does it do this every time? Does the cutter head actually move all the way over to where it would normally start cutting and then shut off? If not, where does the cutter head move to when it shuts off?

Chris
Provo Craft
Ry&MysMom Offline
#544 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2011 3:03:47 PM(UTC)
Ry&MysMom

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 502 time(s) in 411 post(s)
Hi Chris!

My I's stats are:
Version 1.01

I have now changed my cart to Nursery Tails and chose to print and cut the pink tag with the deer and its layers. Printing was fine. Out of the 5 layers it CUT (yes, I was surprised!) only the first 3 then restarted AGAIN! Please help!
Ry&MysMom Offline
#545 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2011 3:06:04 PM(UTC)
Ry&MysMom

Originally Posted by: 14cross Go to Quoted Post
Do you have another mat you can try using? The mat may be causing the problem. Other than that the problem doesn't make any sense. It shouldn't shut down when trying to cut a simple image. Does it do this every time? Does the cutter head actually move all the way over to where it would normally start cutting and then shut off? If not, where does the cutter head move to when it shuts off?

Chris
Provo Craft

Chris- I have a fairly new mat. And yes, the cutter head would move all the way over to where it would start cutting then restart.
Sara Andrews1 Offline
#546 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2011 3:07:40 PM(UTC)
Sara Andrews1

Chris
Provo Craft

I'm kind of butting in here, but yes it ticked off the side marks went to the image and restarted.

It did this four times on enjoy, but printed and cut perfectly on an image from another cart.
14cross Offline
#547 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2011 3:09:20 PM(UTC)
14cross

Chris- I have a fairly new mat. And yes, the cutter head would move all the way over to where it would start cutting then restart.

When it restarts does it actually reboot the entire machine so that the mat is spit out and the roller bars move? Or does only the screen restart by going back to the Main Menu? Or does it just go back to the Mat Preview screen?

Chris
Provo Craft
Sara Andrews1 Offline
#548 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2011 3:14:02 PM(UTC)
Sara Andrews1

When it restarts does it actually reboot the entire machine so that the mat is spit out and the roller bars move? Or does only the screen restart by going back to the Main Menu? Or does it just go back to the Mat Preview screen?

Chris
Provo Craft

Butting in again. Mine spit the mat out. Totally restarted to main menu.
SharonWellings Offline
#549 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2011 3:19:06 PM(UTC)
SharonWellings

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Just shut off Cricut Sync. Sometimes it gets hung up at the end even though it has completed doing the update. Your Imagine is up to date. Have fun!

Chris
Provo Craft

Hi,
I have done that and everything is still looking good and updated, however it is still giving me the same need to update message when I insert the birthday bash cartridge.What can I try next?
Thanks
Sharon
14cross Offline
#550 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2011 3:34:02 PM(UTC)
14cross

Originally Posted by: SharonWellings Go to Quoted Post
Hi,
I have done that and everything is still looking good and updated, however it is still giving me the same need to update message when I insert the birthday bash cartridge.What can I try next?
Thanks
Sharon

Do you have another machine you can plug your Birthday Bash cartridge into? If your update numbers are correct then you machine will recognize Birthday Bash. There is another update to content 0027 that you can do, which will bring you completely up to date too.

Chris
Provo Craft
SharonWellings Offline
#551 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2011 3:40:51 PM(UTC)
SharonWellings

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Do you have another machine you can plug your Birthday Bash cartridge into? If your update numbers are correct then you machine will recognize Birthday Bash. There is another update to content 0027 that you can do, which will bring you completely up to date too.

Chris
Provo Craft

Unfortunately no I only have the imagine, how do I update to 0027, do you think this will fix it?
Thanks
Sharon
14cross Offline
#552 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2011 3:45:20 PM(UTC)
14cross

Originally Posted by: SharonWellings Go to Quoted Post
Unfortunately no I only have the imagine, how do I update to 0027, do you think this will fix it?
Thanks
Sharon

If the problem is with the Imagine then, yes, this will fix the problem. If you have a faulty cartridge then the cartridge will need to be replaced. To do the content update, just start up Cricut Sync while your Imagine is turned on and attached to your computer. It will tell you there are updates available.

Chris
Provo Craft
Ry&MysMom Offline
#553 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2011 3:45:56 PM(UTC)
Ry&MysMom

Chris
Provo Craft

Hi Chris!

No, when my machine restarts in the middle of a cut (if it cuts at all after printing) it goes back to the main menu and spits out my mat.
TheresaConte Offline
#554 Posted : Saturday, July 16, 2011 1:16:14 PM(UTC)
TheresaConte

Chris,

I just got my Imagine. I followed all of the instructions for setup. After a lot of issues and a system restore I was finally able to get it to update the firmware (I think). I was not able to use the Imagine More cartridge to do the update. I am able to use other cartridges in the Imagine - cutting and printing perfectly...

I start Cricut Sync and it tells me there is an Imagine content update available. It downloads the update and says it is uploading to the Imagine. It gets to 100% but never "finishes". It just stays there. My Imagine More cartridge gets an error message every time I put it into the machine. My Imagine says version 1.01(0115:????:0239:202A)

Cricut Sync Version: 2.0.5.3
Imagine Firmware Version: 0115
Imagine Content Version: (blank)

I don't know what else to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Terri
Toya Offline
#555 Posted : Saturday, July 16, 2011 5:09:06 PM(UTC)
Toya

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Chris,
I haven't used my I in about a month. So today I try today to do a card and it starts printing just fine. Once it finsihing it stalls and the comes with a error message say "Missing Cartrdige". Can you please help. I did do a update today after it happened hoping that would fix the problem and it didn't. I have tried taking out them out and shutting it down. Nothing helps.
ScrapHappy Offline
#556 Posted : Sunday, July 17, 2011 12:22:00 PM(UTC)
ScrapHappy

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I decided to sit down and update all my Cricut machines today, including my Gypsy. Everything was going smoothly until I got to the Gypsy Imagine-Content upload. It will not progress at all. I have canceled the upload and unplugged my G from my computer and now it is stuck in the "Connected" mode and will not shut off. I updated my Imagine and that went smoothly. HELP!

UPDATE: My Gypsy now shuts off. But, when I go to turn it on, the blue ON light turns to blinking red light and then shuts itself down. I am so sad. All my updates have gone so smoothly up until now Crying

ANOTHER UPDATE: I now have plugged the power cord in and I no longer have a blinking red light...just a steady red light. I do have access to use my Gypsy. Any idea why I have the red light?

Edited by user Sunday, July 17, 2011 3:55:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

*NanaDonna* Offline
#557 Posted : Sunday, July 17, 2011 2:58:41 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2620 time(s) in 1378 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ScrapHappy Go to Quoted Post
I decided to sit down and update all my Cricut machines today, including my Gypsy. Everything was going smoothly until I got to the Gypsy Imagine-Content upload. It will not progress at all. I have canceled the upload and unplugged my G from my computer and now it is stuck in the "Connected" mode and will not shut off. I updated my Imagine and that went smoothly. HELP!

I had a little trouble updating the Imagine content on the Gypsy but it finally did it.

As far as turning it out, just push the little reset button in the back with the end that screws out of the stylist HTH
ScrapHappy Offline
#558 Posted : Sunday, July 17, 2011 3:38:53 PM(UTC)
ScrapHappy

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: *NanaDonna* Go to Quoted Post
I had a little trouble updating the Imagine content on the Gypsy but it finally did it.

As far as turning it out, just push the little reset button in the back with the end that screws out of the stylist HTH

It didn't do anything...still have a blinking red light and shuts off on its own.
got2bcrafting Offline
#559 Posted : Tuesday, July 19, 2011 3:40:48 PM(UTC)
got2bcrafting

United States

Was thanked: 715 time(s) in 541 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ScrapHappy Go to Quoted Post
It didn't do anything...still have a blinking red light and shuts off on its own.

It sounds like it needs to be charged... that is the only time I have seen a red light.
CynfulCreationz Offline
#560 Posted : Tuesday, July 19, 2011 8:15:07 PM(UTC)
CynfulCreationz

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I am getting the screen below no matter what I do. I have basically push the mat completely through the machine and it never picks up or recognizes it. I just purchased this machine off of ebay and am having some serious buyers remorse. Can you help?

Edited by user Tuesday, July 19, 2011 8:18:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CynfulCreationz attached the following image(s):
mat.jpg
 1 user thanked CynfulCreationz for this useful post.
KarenVardy on 7/30/2011(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Offline
#561 Posted : Tuesday, July 19, 2011 9:17:55 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2620 time(s) in 1378 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CynfulCreationz Go to Quoted Post
I am getting the screen below no matter what I do. I have basically push the mat completely through the machine and it never picks up or recognizes it. I just purchased this machine off of ebay and am having some serious buyers remorse. Can you help?

I know it is very frustrating, if you can call PC tomorrow and tell them what is happening.
They are very nice and very helpful. I bought my Imagine on Ebay and could not get it to
update, I called PC and I had a new Imagine in a week. HTH

Hang in there because you are really really going to love this machine when it get going.
Carolyn S Offline
#562 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2011 1:50:14 AM(UTC)
Carolyn S

Was thanked: 235 time(s) in 204 post(s)

Chris
Provo Craft

My Imagine has been doing this as well. Not all of the time, just sometimes. Since the last update, it is acting weird.
Carolyn
KarenVardy Offline
#563 Posted : Thursday, July 21, 2011 3:38:19 PM(UTC)
KarenVardy

Oh I was hoping I was the lucky ones...alas, it was not to be.

I just received my Imagine from proudparents on Ebay last Friday. I updated everything and it worked beautifully. Tonight when I turned it on, I get this continuous clicking sound which sounds like it is sending paper through the machine but is stuck like a broken record. It just doesn't stop. The screen doesn't get past the Cricut Imagine Print Cut Imagine screen.

Please tell me that there is an easy fix...Unsure

Karen
~Natalie~ Offline
#564 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2011 10:36:32 AM(UTC)
~Natalie~

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Hi Chris!

No, when my machine restarts in the middle of a cut (if it cuts at all after printing) it goes back to the main menu and spits out my mat.

Hey Chris,

Mine is doing the exact same thing!!! Please help!!! This is so frustrating!!!

Thanks!!!

~Natalie
Sara Andrews1 Offline
#565 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2011 10:48:22 AM(UTC)
Sara Andrews1

Originally Posted by: SaraAndrews1 Go to Quoted Post
Hello Chris,

Imagine Version 1.01
(0115:0027:0239:202A) I just updated.

It will print but not cut images from my Imagine Gypsy app or straight from an Imagine cart. Prints, run like it's going to cut, when it gets to the image, it restarts itself.

It will print and cut a regular cart image.

HELP!!

Thank you,

Sara

Added~ my machine is mocking me now!! I updated again, ran the trouble shoot. Now it will print and cut from Kate's Kitchen and Snow Angel, but it will NOT cut the bikini girl from Enjoy the Seasons. Ideas?

Hi Chris! Sounds like several others are having this same issue. Any thoughts?
CarolynCarrott Offline
#566 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2011 2:44:47 AM(UTC)
CarolynCarrott

I have the Luau cartridge which i can't get to work in my Imagine as i keep getting a message to update the machine.
I have down loaded cricutsync and attempted to update the machine. I have tried several times even trying a system restore (that wouldn't complete telling me to cycle the power and it still wouldn't complete). I keep getting the following messages

connecting to device - then nothing happens

device not connected - when it clearly is

uploading updates - status bar does not begin

Am desperate to use this cartridge for part invites and i'm getting a bit frantic now as I need to start.

Any help would be gratefully received

Carolyn
14cross Offline
#567 Posted : Monday, August 01, 2011 1:18:35 PM(UTC)
14cross

Originally Posted by: CarolynCarrott Go to Quoted Post
I have the Luau cartridge which i can't get to work in my Imagine as i keep getting a message to update the machine.
I have down loaded cricutsync and attempted to update the machine. I have tried several times even trying a system restore (that wouldn't complete telling me to cycle the power and it still wouldn't complete). I keep getting the following messages

connecting to device - then nothing happens

device not connected - when it clearly is

uploading updates - status bar does not begin

Am desperate to use this cartridge for part invites and i'm getting a bit frantic now as I need to start.

Any help would be gratefully received

Carolyn

Try running th eupdate again. When the status bar doesn not begin then unplug the USB cable from the back of your Imagine and plug it back in. That should get the status bar moving. By the way, what verison is on your Imagine?

Chris
Provo Craft
kristinaglazier Offline
#568 Posted : Sunday, August 07, 2011 4:24:54 PM(UTC)
kristinaglazier

Chris -

I've had my imagine for about 8 mos. now and ever since I got it, it will occasionally shut off and reboot when I try to cut. It seems like it is getting worse. It's about every other time I cut something when it is doing this and I'm really getting frustrated. I have updated it with the most recent version, but nothing fixes it. I love my machine and have a lot of projects to get done and don't want to have to send it back and wait for a new one. Can you give me any suggestions to fix this?

Thanks.
14cross Offline
#569 Posted : Monday, August 08, 2011 8:32:28 AM(UTC)
14cross

Originally Posted by: kristinaglazier Go to Quoted Post
Chris -

I've had my imagine for about 8 mos. now and ever since I got it, it will occasionally shut off and reboot when I try to cut. It seems like it is getting worse. It's about every other time I cut something when it is doing this and I'm really getting frustrated. I have updated it with the most recent version, but nothing fixes it. I love my machine and have a lot of projects to get done and don't want to have to send it back and wait for a new one. Can you give me any suggestions to fix this?

Thanks.

We have seen this complaint from a couple of customers and I have had their machines sent back to me. Unfortunatley we have not been able to duplicate the problem so we have not identified a solution. A customer that reported her machine turns off most every time is sending her's back now. Hopefully we will be able to duplicate the problem here and identify a solution.

Chris
Provo Craft
cricutkris Offline
#570 Posted : Monday, August 08, 2011 12:27:54 PM(UTC)
cricutkris

Was thanked: 448 time(s) in 225 post(s)
We have seen this complaint from a couple of customers and I have had their machines sent back to me. Unfortunatley we have not been able to duplicate the problem so we have not identified a solution. A customer that reported her machine turns off most every time is sending her's back now. Hopefully we will be able to duplicate the problem here and identify a solution.

Chris
Provo Craft

I have this problem too with it just restarting before the cut. What do we do if the warranty runs out on this machine? We are almost at 4 weeks to go...

Thanks