Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

22 Pages<1234>»
14cross Offline
#31 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 9:35:44 AM(UTC)
14cross

Groups: Cricut Community Moderator, Registered

Was thanked: 798 time(s) in 205 post(s)
LiveLaughScrap wrote:
Thanks Chris,
I have tested the print & cut with a regular cart, the cut only with a regular cart & imagine cart. It all works.

I have unplugged, re-plugged, turned off the I, turned off the G, in all combinations. I let it rest & did it all again numerous times. Neither my G or I do ANYTHING when they are plugged in.
I thought it may have been something wrong with my connection cable, but my G worked with my Expression today.
I now you are doing what you can, but I really need my G to communicate with my I.
Thanks for all you are doing.
Lori

Make sure your gypsy is updated to the latest version. That may be the problem. the Gypsy and Imagine must both have compatible versions of the firmware in order to communicate properly.

Also, we will be coming out with the new, big update to increase compatibility between the Gypsy and the Imagine toward the end of this week or beginning of next week. That should definitley fix the problem.

Chris
Provo Craft
LiveLaughScrap Offline
#32 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 9:51:56 AM(UTC)
LiveLaughScrap

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 79 time(s) in 65 post(s)
14cross wrote:
Make sure your gypsy is updated to the latest version. That may be the problem. the Gypsy and Imagine must both have compatible versions of the firmware in order to communicate properly.

Also, we will be coming out with the new, big update to increase compatibility between the Gypsy and the Imagine toward the end of this week or beginning of next week. That should definitley fix the problem.

Chris
Provo Craft

My G is Version 1.4 (0206:0209)
I think this is the most current, correct?

Thanks for the info on the update. Hopefully that will fix it!

PS: We posted at about the same time before. I also asked:

I was having some communication issues a little while back (before Christmas). It would cut & then just stop in the middle saying that the G was not connected.

Could there be a problem with my connection cable? Maybe there is a short somewhere & it works sometimes & not others. Can I possibly get a new cable? My G is still in warrantee too.

Thanks,
Lori
Gadget girl Offline
#33 Posted : Thursday, January 20, 2011 3:30:14 PM(UTC)
Gadget girl

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 424 time(s) in 184 post(s)
HeatherRogers5 wrote:
Susan Sweetie

There are centimetres on the mats we have already they are inside the inches on the green bit, it's just you haven't noticed them

Hugs Heather xx

Will there be a mat that has the centimetres on the edge instead of the inches? When the paper is on the mat I would like to still see the centimetres. Thanks. Susan
14cross Offline
#34 Posted : Thursday, January 20, 2011 3:32:01 PM(UTC)
14cross

Gadget girl wrote:
Will there be a mat that has the centimetres on the edge instead of the inches? When the paper is on the mat I would like to still see the centimetres. Thanks. Susan

No. I wish I could say otherwise but I know there won't be two mats.

Chris
Provo Craft
JacquiJenkins Offline
#35 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 1:28:37 PM(UTC)
JacquiJenkins

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Gypsy Help -
I updated my Gypsy. But is is weird.

Everyone else says it should be:
Version 1.4 (0206:0209

But mine is reading:
Version 1.4 (0206:0212)

What is going on? Any assistance is appreciated.

Thank you - Jacqui

Betty152 Offline
#36 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 6:15:22 PM(UTC)
Betty152

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 17 post(s)
When I go to load paper my Imagine pulls it clear through so I have to put it back in the machine....HELP!
GrammySue Offline
#37 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 9:17:46 PM(UTC)
GrammySue

Was thanked: 128 time(s) in 100 post(s)
JacquiJenkins wrote:
Gypsy Help -
I updated my Gypsy. But is is weird.

Everyone else says it should be:
Version 1.4 (0206:0209

But mine is reading:
Version 1.4 (0206:0212)

What is going on? Any assistance is appreciated.

Thank you - Jacqui

They just had another update a few days ago. Yo have the newest version. It is correct.
Cricutcutup (Veronika) Offline
#38 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2011 8:49:32 AM(UTC)
Cricutcutup (Veronika)

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I have a problem... the Imagine does not see my Ink Cartridges..First the color then the black now neither. I have reinstalled them several times. I have re-formated but when it comes to calibration it says to INSTALL the Ink carts and goes no further. I have only printed about 6 pages and no flood filled. Piper at Provo said to format but that's not doing it. Hate to think that my I has gone south.
yoga monkey Offline
#39 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2011 8:47:27 PM(UTC)
yoga monkey

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Chris,

I was told the imagine replaces the gypsy (in many ways) and so i'm wondering if there are features in the imagine that does the same as the gypsy I find useful:
1) drag object to where you want it printed/cut on the mat or paper saver mode
2) save projects like that of the gypsy

thanks,

#40 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2011 9:11:20 PM(UTC)
Cricutcutup (Veronika)

Waiting for instruction email to send the Imagine back. Provocraft does not know how to solve the problem. On Yahoo MB someone had the same problem.
Cricutcutup (Veronika) wrote:
I have a problem... the Imagine does not see my Ink Cartridges..First the color then the black now neither. I have reinstalled them several times. I have re-formated but when it comes to calibration it says to INSTALL the Ink carts and goes no further. I have only printed about 6 pages and no flood filled. Piper at Provo said to format but that's not doing it. Hate to think that my I has gone south.

JanaBailey Offline
#41 Posted : Saturday, January 29, 2011 10:13:44 AM(UTC)
JanaBailey

Was thanked: 169 time(s) in 110 post(s)
yoga monkey wrote:
Chris,

I was told the imagine replaces the gypsy (in many ways) and so i'm wondering if there are features in the imagine that does the same as the gypsy I find useful:
1) drag object to where you want it printed/cut on the mat or paper saver mode
2) save projects like that of the gypsy

thanks,

Hi Yoga Monkey,
I'm not Chris but if I understand your question correctly, the Imagine doesn't do either of the things you mentioned. It will eventually WITH the Gypsy but it doesn't replace the Gypsy. We are all anxiously awaiting a Gypsy update that will allow those things. I hope this helps.
#42 Posted : Saturday, January 29, 2011 4:51:53 PM(UTC)
Cricutcutup (Veronika)

Cricutcutup (Veronika) wrote:
Waiting for instruction email to send the Imagine back. Provocraft does not know how to solve the problem. On Yahoo MB someone had the same problem.

Ok the Imagine was all packed waiting for the instructions to ship. I read on a MB where a couple people had the same problem. One was told just like me to send the unit back the other person installed new ink cartridges and it worked. I high tailed to Joann's and purchased 2 new Ink carts,unpacked my "I" and tried the reformat again. Hurrah it worked.
Now what to do about the 70+ dollars I spent on the carts when I only printed 4 or so sheets of art not flood filled and had to replace the cart? Will I seek reimbursement from Provo since they came with the machine or HP?
CarolMac Offline
#43 Posted : Sunday, January 30, 2011 9:49:55 AM(UTC)
CarolMac

Hi Chris
I received my Imagine last Friday 28 January and established that my "Imagine More" cartridge weas faulty and therefore could not get my Imagine up and running
Unfortunateklt I use Trend Micro as my antivirus programme and was unable to connect my Imagine to my computer

Ultimately I uninstalled the Trend Micro and managed to connect to my computer and downloaded the updates

Now I tried to connect my Jukebox to my Imaging, no go. Had to again down load the updates

Now my Jukebox is working I tried to use separate cartridges in my profile but could not and no where in the User Manual or on the Cricut/Provocraft website can I find any information, in fact the user manual in my mind is quite useless

There is also no reference on the display that tells me which cartridge I am using, I found out by default when I saw the light on on the jukebox

I have Design Studio for my Expression and used that to see the keypads

I have also not been able to find how I adjust the size of the images or alphabet
Please can you give me some advice where to find instructions for using the jukebox and resizing images ands alphabet charactors

Help please
StephanieHopper1 Offline
#44 Posted : Sunday, January 30, 2011 12:27:38 PM(UTC)
StephanieHopper1

Was thanked: 79 time(s) in 44 post(s)
14cross wrote:

Chris
Provo Craft

REALLY? Already past *end of this week* AND *beginning of next week* and into the NEXT week's beginning. I am just blown away at how BAD, no AWFUL, PC's product support is..... unreal. We can't/won't make the 600 dollar machine we just sold to our loyal customers work so we will just launch a new machine, that'll shut em up....

scrapthis911! Offline
#45 Posted : Monday, January 31, 2011 7:01:31 PM(UTC)
scrapthis911!

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Chris,
I have a couple of questions:
Is there a way to print one image inside another? For instance I am trying to print a brown rectangle with a pink owl in the center....

And if there is a way to do the above can it all be cut as one object, only cut around the square and not the owl?

Is there any way to resize the height and width of an object instead of just the whole size?

Is there anyway to stop a cut once it starts?

Any idea when the new update allowing us to put our imagine cartridges on the gypsy will be ready?

Thanks for taking the time to read and answer our questions!
Melodie
Glasslyn Offline
#46 Posted : Tuesday, February 01, 2011 8:42:03 AM(UTC)
Glasslyn

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I am missing the square shape on my imagine. I have 20 shapes and not sure how many I am supposed to have. How do I get the square shape? I just received the imagine 2 weeks ago. So, I have not done any updates except the one that came on my imagine more cartridge.
ErinW-N Offline
#47 Posted : Tuesday, February 01, 2011 7:44:52 PM(UTC)
ErinW-N

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Chris (or anyone who knows the answer)

My Imagine is printing images without any yellow, but when I check the ink on the settings menu it still has the thumbs up. What should I do?
*Tom* Offline
#48 Posted : Wednesday, February 02, 2011 4:15:35 AM(UTC)
*Tom*

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 41 post(s)
ErinW-N wrote:
Chris (or anyone who knows the answer)

My Imagine is printing images without any yellow, but when I check the ink on the settings menu it still has the thumbs up. What should I do?

Have you tried cleaning the print heads in settings?

Tomx
Tupperstamper Offline
#49 Posted : Wednesday, February 02, 2011 3:02:27 PM(UTC)
Tupperstamper

United States

Was thanked: 666 time(s) in 403 post(s)
I had a problem with my yellow and cleaning the print head worked.

Lisa
ErinW-N Offline
#50 Posted : Wednesday, February 02, 2011 3:14:25 PM(UTC)
ErinW-N

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 9 post(s)
TomGriffin wrote:
Have you tried cleaning the print heads in settings?

Tomx

Yes, I tried cleaning the print heads and calibrating the ink, it is better but not completely right.
TheBugBytes Offline
#51 Posted : Saturday, February 05, 2011 2:19:11 PM(UTC)
TheBugBytes

Was thanked: 1539 time(s) in 876 post(s)
The imagine cutting gets a bit off when it comes to lower end of the mat especially near the blade cartridge side.Calibrations does not take care of it.
Will this and can this be fixed in one of the updates? Is it something product developement thinks they can fix?
 1 user thanked TheBugBytes for this useful post.
ChatterScene on 2/5/2011(UTC)
14cross Offline
#52 Posted : Saturday, February 05, 2011 3:13:55 PM(UTC)
14cross

TheBugBytes wrote:
The imagine cutting gets a bit off when it comes to lower end of the mat especially near the blade cartridge side.Calibrations does not take care of it.
Will this and can this be fixed in one of the updates? Is it something product developement thinks they can fix?

We are always working to improve the calibration through updates. As we learn something new we implement it. I will also work on a new document clarifying a few points on advanced calibration. I met with a lady while at CHA and walked her throughout the calibration method and could see what she wasnt understainding and where I can improve the current document.

Chris
Provo Craft
 5 users thanked 14cross for this useful post.
*Tom* on 2/6/2011(UTC), ♥ ~ Adele ~ ♥ on 2/6/2011(UTC), Michele4 on 2/6/2011(UTC), *Karel* on 2/6/2011(UTC), Ang on 2/6/2011(UTC)
*Tom* Offline
#53 Posted : Sunday, February 06, 2011 10:36:20 AM(UTC)
*Tom*

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 41 post(s)
14cross wrote:
We are always working to improve the calibration through updates. As we learn something new we implement it. I will also work on a new document clarifying a few points on advanced calibration. I met with a lady while at CHA and walked her throughout the calibration method and could see what she wasnt understainding and where I can improve the current document.

Chris
Provo Craft

Glad to hear this Chris, Thanks

Tom
Heather Ferguson Offline
#54 Posted : Monday, February 07, 2011 6:13:12 PM(UTC)
Heather Ferguson

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi. I just updated both my Gypsy and my Imagine. I tried for the first time to use them together. Th Imagine pulled the paper through but did not cut and the Gypsy is now stick in the on position with the instruction screen still showing that tells you how to load your paper for the imagine. It won't turn off or anything. What to do?
14cross Offline
#55 Posted : Tuesday, February 08, 2011 8:51:31 AM(UTC)
14cross

HeatherFerguson wrote:
Hi. I just updated both my Gypsy and my Imagine. I tried for the first time to use them together. Th Imagine pulled the paper through but did not cut and the Gypsy is now stick in the on position with the instruction screen still showing that tells you how to load your paper for the imagine. It won't turn off or anything. What to do?

Hmm. Haven't seen that problem before. I would try turning off the Imagine and the Gypsy and trying again. Is it the Gypsy that won't turn off? If so then do a reset by pushing a pin into the small hole on the back of your Gypsy. The stylus back can be unscrewed to reveal a thin plastic piece that can be used in place of a pin.

Chris
Provo Craft
mommynwife Offline
#56 Posted : Tuesday, February 08, 2011 9:21:52 AM(UTC)
mommynwife

Please help. I've had both my I and G for some time now, and both work great. For the first time, I wanted to use my G with the I, and was not able to. I kept getting a message stating the G did not recognize C and to check cable and restart C. Both my I and G were plugged into outlet. Also, both my C and G have been updated up to now with no problem. Can someone pls help??
Thanks
14cross Offline
#57 Posted : Tuesday, February 08, 2011 9:23:42 AM(UTC)
14cross

mommynwife wrote:
Please help. I've had both my I and G for some time now, and both work great. For the first time, I wanted to use my G with the I, and was not able to. I kept getting a message stating the G did not recognize C and to check cable and restart C. Both my I and G were plugged into outlet. Also, both my C and G have been updated up to now with no problem. Can someone pls help??
Thanks

Can you tell me the version numbers (including those in parenthises) of both the Imagine and the Gypsy?

Chris
Provo Craft
Chickadee Offline
#58 Posted : Tuesday, February 08, 2011 12:39:05 PM(UTC)
Chickadee

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Can you please tell me what the current version numbers are for the Gypsy and the Imagine.
Thank You.
Scrappyone Offline
#59 Posted : Tuesday, February 08, 2011 3:11:38 PM(UTC)
Scrappyone

Was thanked: 477 time(s) in 407 post(s)
I updated my Imagine and now it says I need to update firmware. How do you do that? Is there someplace I can find all the instructions and steps for this? Thanks
14cross Offline
#60 Posted : Tuesday, February 08, 2011 3:17:41 PM(UTC)
14cross

Scrappyone wrote:
I updated my Imagine and now it says I need to update firmware. How do you do that? Is there someplace I can find all the instructions and steps for this? Thanks

Just run the Cricut Sync program again and it will update the firmware. There are two updates generally available for the Imagine. The first is a content update, which is what you probably did. The second is the firmware update. If you have 0096 loaded on your Imagine then I would wait until the next update comes out before doing an update.

Chris
Provo Craft