Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

22 Pages<12345>»
Scrappyone Offline
#61 Posted : Tuesday, February 08, 2011 4:58:23 PM(UTC)
Scrappyone

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 477 time(s) in 407 post(s)
14cross wrote:
Just run the Cricut Sync program again and it will update the firmware. There are two updates generally available for the Imagine. The first is a content update, which is what you probably did. The second is the firmware update. If you have 0096 loaded on your Imagine then I would wait until the next update comes out before doing an update.

Chris
Provo Craft

Chris, Thanks so much for answering my question!
*Heather* Offline
#62 Posted : Wednesday, February 09, 2011 6:54:15 AM(UTC)
*Heather*

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 240 time(s) in 155 post(s)
Hi Chris

I am sorry if you feel I am hassling you!Laugh But I am of course! LOL We did ask on 17th January if we could have headings for the Imagine Cards on the Imagine Forum as we are now really churning them out and need them to be available for all to see and encourage people with their Imagines.

I was wondering if you had had time to ask for us as I understand that only PC can do this?

Many thanks darling Chris!Love P.S. How was the Beef Wellington?LOL LOL

Heather xx
14cross Offline
#63 Posted : Wednesday, February 09, 2011 3:42:06 PM(UTC)
14cross

Groups: Cricut Community Moderator, Registered

Was thanked: 798 time(s) in 205 post(s)
HeatherRogers5 wrote:
Hi Chris

I am sorry if you feel I am hassling you!Laugh But I am of course! LOL We did ask on 17th January if we could have headings for the Imagine Cards on the Imagine Forum as we are now really churning them out and need them to be available for all to see and encourage people with their Imagines.

I was wondering if you had had time to ask for us as I understand that only PC can do this?

Many thanks darling Chris!Love P.S. How was the Beef Wellington?LOL LOL

Heather xx

I did ask that your request happen. I know they are redoing a lot of the website and I think that will include the message boards. I'll wait till that is up and, if your request wasn't added, I will ask again. The same question was asked of me by a lady from Australia while at CHA and the guy in charge of making those types of changes was standing next to me. So he knows everyone wants this ability.

The Beef Wellington was great but I had to go with a different recipe. There were too many ingredients on the recipe Adele gave me that we just cant find here in the States.

I'm making a really fancy lasagna this weekend for Valentines Day.Love

Chris
Provo Craft

Edited by user Wednesday, February 09, 2011 3:43:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Ang Offline
#64 Posted : Wednesday, February 09, 2011 3:45:10 PM(UTC)
Ang

Was thanked: 237 time(s) in 164 post(s)
Sorry Chris have to ask - 'Fancy' Lasagne? whats fancy about it? Surely Lasagne is lasagne!
I am sure if you cannt find things for the beef wellington someone will send them over or of course you could come and collect them!
14cross Offline
#65 Posted : Wednesday, February 09, 2011 3:50:28 PM(UTC)
14cross

AngMay wrote:
Sorry Chris have to ask - 'Fancy' Lasagne? whats fancy about it? Surely Lasagne is lasagne!
I am sure if you cannt find things for the beef wellington someone will send them over or of course you could come and collect them!

Anything that takes longer than 20 minutes to prepare and/or has more than five ingredients is fancy to me. this lasagna takes over three hours to prepare and cook and has 21 ingredients. In my book that's fancy. The funny thing is my wife actually thinks I'm making it for her. I guess I could make enough for both of us.BigGrin

And I'd love to come collect the ingredients! My wife's and my plan is to be there for our 25th anniversary in two years.

Chris
Provo Craft

Edited by user Wednesday, February 09, 2011 3:51:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

♥ ~ Adele ~ ♥ Offline
#66 Posted : Wednesday, February 09, 2011 3:51:40 PM(UTC)
♥ ~ Adele ~ ♥

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 1277 time(s) in 916 post(s)
14cross wrote:
Anything that takes longer than 20 minutes to prepare and/or has more than five ingredients is fancy to me. this lasagna takes over three hours to prepare and cook and has 21 ingredients. In my book that's fancy. The funny thing is my wife actually thinks I'm making it for her. I guess I could make enough for both of us.BigGrin

LOL LOL LOL LOL Awww blessLove
Scrappyone Offline
#67 Posted : Wednesday, February 09, 2011 5:35:17 PM(UTC)
Scrappyone

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 477 time(s) in 407 post(s)
I updated my Imagine last night but now my Imagine will not cut. I cannot get Project Preview to display the object I choose to cut. It does display for a second but then goes away quickly. I sure hope I can get it to work again.
*Heather* Offline
#68 Posted : Wednesday, February 09, 2011 9:50:29 PM(UTC)
*Heather*

14cross wrote:
I did ask that your request happen. I know they are redoing a lot of the website and I think that will include the message boards. I'll wait till that is up and, if your request wasn't added, I will ask again. The same question was asked of me by a lady from Australia while at CHA and the guy in charge of making those types of changes was standing next to me. So he knows everyone wants this ability.

The Beef Wellington was great but I had to go with a different recipe. There were too many ingredients on the recipe Adele gave me that we just cant find here in the States.

I'm making a really fancy lasagna this weekend for Valentines Day.Love

Chris
Provo Craft

Chris Thanks for taking the time to get back to me I know it is a trivial issue in the whole scale of things that you are having to deal with but much appreciated.Love

I understand the problem with ingredients when I come over to family in LA I can never find what I want in your supermarkets what with different packaging and names and some things just don't 'translate' even though we apparently speak the same lingoLOL

Glad the BW turned out ok in the end and well done you, doing Lasagne bet the wife will be well chuffed! I would be.Laugh

Happy Valentine's day for Monday have a good day

Heather xxLove
Ang Offline
#69 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2011 4:29:48 PM(UTC)
Ang

Was thanked: 237 time(s) in 164 post(s)
Chris - like the new logo for CHRIS!!
 1 user thanked Ang for this useful post.
14cross on 2/10/2011(UTC)
14cross Offline
#70 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2011 4:31:39 PM(UTC)
14cross

AngMay wrote:
Chris - like the new logo for CHRIS!!

Thanks! I figured I needed to put something in there so I used one of the stuffed Cricuts we have away at the CHA Gala.

Chris
Provo Craft
Michele4 Offline
#71 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2011 6:53:30 PM(UTC)
Michele4

Was thanked: 48 time(s) in 34 post(s)
That is the cutest avatar/logo! We can certainly pick you out when you have posted on this board now!
LOVE IT!!!! Wub
LiveLaughScrap Offline
#72 Posted : Monday, February 14, 2011 6:43:44 PM(UTC)
LiveLaughScrap

Was thanked: 79 time(s) in 65 post(s)
Hello Chris,
I'm back. I don't have a problem as of yet!
I just received my 3rd Imagine, got it all set up, & updated (with a lot of help from PC Customer Service).

I just want to ask what that current version is at this time:
I have:
Imagine: Version 1.01
(0106:0017:0240:0202A)
Cricut Sync: Version: 2.0.4.2

Also, do you have any idea when the next update will be? Namely the big one for Gypsy/Imagine!!!
Thanks,
Lori
mommynwife Offline
#73 Posted : Monday, February 14, 2011 11:48:58 PM(UTC)
mommynwife

Hello Chris,

Version Numbers
Imagine: 1.01 (0106:0017:0239:202A)
Gypsy: 1.4 0206:0212

Thanks.
14cross Offline
#74 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2011 4:39:03 PM(UTC)
14cross

LiveLaughScrap wrote:
Hello Chris,
I'm back. I don't have a problem as of yet!
I just received my 3rd Imagine, got it all set up, & updated (with a lot of help from PC Customer Service).

I just want to ask what that current version is at this time:
I have:
Imagine: Version 1.01
(0106:0017:0240:0202A)
Cricut Sync: Version: 2.0.4.2

Also, do you have any idea when the next update will be? Namely the big one for Gypsy/Imagine!!!
Thanks,
Lori

You are up to date!

Chris
Provo Craft
Sandy Offline
#75 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2011 6:10:47 PM(UTC)
Sandy

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 6057 time(s) in 2479 post(s)
Chris, I did what MarciaH said in the above thread sbout going into the Security and adding the Sync.

I think I finally got it but my number is:

0106:0017:0239:202A

When I spoke to Customer Service, they said it shoud be:

0106:0017:0240:202A

When I try to do another update, it says Imagine is updated.

So....How do I get this #40???

Thanks so much!

Edited by user Wednesday, February 16, 2011 6:33:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

NJGrammie Offline
#76 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2011 5:06:08 AM(UTC)
NJGrammie

Was thanked: 83 time(s) in 52 post(s)
Hi Chris,

I want to start off by saying that I haven't had any of the other issues with my Imagine that I have seen here - Thank Goodness and Lucky me !!

I do have one thing that isn't right, but doesn't make my Imagine unusable.

I have to clean the printheads before EVERY use - if I have a wait of more than a few hours between projects.

At first I thought I had bad ink cartridges, so I bought new ones and replaced them. That wasn't the problem. When I go to print my first image of the day, I get only a faint grayish shadow type printout. After I clean the printheads - sometimes I have to do it twice - it prints correctly.

Any insight you can give regarding this problem will be appreciated.

Thanks for all your assistance to us on this board :)

Mindy
14cross Offline
#77 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2011 8:47:48 AM(UTC)
14cross

NJGrammie wrote:
Hi Chris,

I want to start off by saying that I haven't had any of the other issues with my Imagine that I have seen here - Thank Goodness and Lucky me !!

I do have one thing that isn't right, but doesn't make my Imagine unusable.

I have to clean the printheads before EVERY use - if I have a wait of more than a few hours between projects.

At first I thought I had bad ink cartridges, so I bought new ones and replaced them. That wasn't the problem. When I go to print my first image of the day, I get only a faint grayish shadow type printout. After I clean the printheads - sometimes I have to do it twice - it prints correctly.

Any insight you can give regarding this problem will be appreciated.

Thanks for all your assistance to us on this board :)

Mindy

It sounds like your printer heads are not getting capped after printing. I have never seen this before but that doesn't mean it can't happen.

Attached is a picture of the inside of the printer access door. I have included a ruler showing a measurement I would like you to make. There is a little white shelf immediately inside the door. Measure from that shelf to the top of the black access gate. It should be a little less that 1 1/8 inches. Can you let me know what that measurement is on your machine?

Chris
Provo Craft

Edited by user Wednesday, February 16, 2011 8:50:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

14cross attached the following image(s):
Capping.jpg
sherrihend180 Offline
#78 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2011 10:43:12 AM(UTC)
sherrihend180

Canada

Was thanked: 831 time(s) in 639 post(s)
Hi Chris.

Whenever I send a cut job from my Gypsy to my Imagine, my Imagine powers off. I turn it back on and resend the job and it cuts. Is there a way to fix this? Do I need to do anything?
Selena Offline
#79 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2011 12:20:02 PM(UTC)
Selena

Was thanked: 384 time(s) in 308 post(s)
Chris,
I just recieved my replacement Imagine from provocraft this past week. When I put the 'Imagine More' cart in to do the update, absolutely nothing happened. I then continued to print and cut my project with no issues.

Should I be worried? Should I connect it to my computer to do other updates-and if so, where do I find them at?

Thanks in advance,

Selena
14cross Offline
#80 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2011 2:40:50 PM(UTC)
14cross

Selena wrote:
Chris,
I just recieved my replacement Imagine from provocraft this past week. When I put the 'Imagine More' cart in to do the update, absolutely nothing happened. I then continued to print and cut my project with no issues.

Should I be worried? Should I connect it to my computer to do other updates-and if so, where do I find them at?

Thanks in advance,

Selena

What version in on your Imagine? Go to the about screen and tell me all numbers in parenthesis. If the first set of numbers is 0079 or higher then you are fine.

Chris
Provo Craft
NJGrammie Offline
#81 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2011 5:07:41 PM(UTC)
NJGrammie

14cross wrote:
It sounds like your printer heads are not getting capped after printing. I have never seen this before but that doesn't mean it can't happen.

Attached is a picture of the inside of the printer access door. I have included a ruler showing a measurement I would like you to make. There is a little white shelf immediately inside the door. Measure from that shelf to the top of the black access gate. It should be a little less that 1 1/8 inches. Can you let me know what that measurement is on your machine?

Chris
Provo Craft

I took the measurement and to me it looks to be pretty much the same as the one in your picture.
I am atttaching my photo... pretty bad photo hope you can see it.

Thanks
Mindy
14cross Offline
#82 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2011 5:24:36 PM(UTC)
14cross

NJGrammie wrote:
I took the measurement and to me it looks to be pretty much the same as the one in your picture.
I am atttaching my photo... pretty bad photo hope you can see it.

Thanks
Mindy

Ya, that looks about right. I wonder if the cap that covers the heads is missing. I saw one machine that had the caps broken off during shipping. The customer said that the FedEx guy dropped her Imagine over their fence and, when she openned the box some small black pieces came out. Those were her print head caps.

Your machine might need to be replaced. If you call Customer Service for a replacement tell them I told you it needs replacing because the printer heads are not getting capped. Also tell them that your machine is to be sent to my attention so that I can inspect it to see what is wrong.

Chris
Provo Craft
NJGrammie Offline
#83 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2011 5:58:30 PM(UTC)
NJGrammie

14cross wrote:
Ya, that looks about right. I wonder if the cap that covers the heads is missing. I saw one machine that had the caps broken off during shipping. The customer said that the FedEx guy dropped her Imagine over their fence and, when she openned the box some small black pieces came out. Those were her print head caps.

Your machine might need to be replaced. If you call Customer Service for a replacement tell them I told you it needs replacing because the printer heads are not getting capped. Also tell them that your machine is to be sent to my attention so that I can inspect it to see what is wrong.

Chris
Provo Craft

Thank you so much Chris. I will call Customer Service when I get home from work tomorrow.

Mindy
Selena Offline
#84 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2011 6:29:12 PM(UTC)
Selena

Was thanked: 384 time(s) in 308 post(s)
14cross wrote:
What version in on your Imagine? Go to the about screen and tell me all numbers in parenthesis. If the first set of numbers is 0079 or higher then you are fine.

Chris
Provo Craft

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your quick response. The numbers in parethesis are as follows: (0079:0008:0239:201G) So I'm guessing it is good to go?

Thanks,
Selena
14cross Offline
#85 Posted : Thursday, February 17, 2011 10:05:43 AM(UTC)
14cross

Originally Posted by: Selena Go to Quoted Post
Hi Chris,

Thank you for your quick response. The numbers in parethesis are as follows: (0079:0008:0239:201G) So I'm guessing it is good to go?

Thanks,
Selena

Yes. Inserting the Imagine More cartridge will not do anything more than bring up the artwork because you are already updated as far as that cartridge can take you.

Chris
Provo Craft
*Heather* Offline
#86 Posted : Friday, February 18, 2011 1:09:00 AM(UTC)
*Heather*

Hello ChrisLove

Me again!Smile Must say I do like your avitar you look very fetching in your 'Spring Green'!LOL Well they have updated the MB and still no sticky for our Imagine cards can I leave it with you again?Mellow

A big thank you

Heather xxx
Sandy Offline
#87 Posted : Friday, February 18, 2011 8:05:58 AM(UTC)
Sandy

United States

Was thanked: 6057 time(s) in 2479 post(s)
Chris,

Okay, I have the latest update ......39.202A.

So....how do we use our Gypsies with it? I don't see anything that says "Gypsy" on the main screen. I do see it has pattern papers on it now.

Do we plug the Gypsy in the back with the same cord we use on the Baby Bugs?

I made a file with my name welded so it would cut in one piece. Will the Imagine cut this from my Gypsy?????

Thanks for any info you might have.
LiveLaughScrap Offline
#88 Posted : Sunday, February 20, 2011 9:37:10 AM(UTC)
LiveLaughScrap

Was thanked: 79 time(s) in 65 post(s)
Chris,
It's me again & now I am having some trouble with Imagine #3. I got my imagine last weekend & just had time to play with it this Saturday.
I am now having some issues. I'm not sure if they are known issues that you can help me with or if i have to try got get #4.

First issue:
When I use my I with my G: It will eventually work, but I have to send it in a few times before it will cut. It takes it in, then spits it out the front of the machine without cutting. I can tell it to cut again 7 it will eventually work. Just very aggrivating.

Touch Screen Problem:
Sometimes it works & sometimes it will not.
It was working. I picked a stock image then plugged in an Imagine Cart. The image goes away & the screen will not work (does nothing)& I can't pick ANY image. I also cannot get into settings or anything else that needs to be done through the touch screen.

Thank,
Lori
cowgirl1hh Offline
#89 Posted : Sunday, February 20, 2011 3:02:59 PM(UTC)
cowgirl1hh

Netherlands

Was thanked: 23388 time(s) in 5655 post(s)
I've only had my Imagine for about a week and when I went to put Birthday Bash in it the Imagine said I needed to run an update. I tried to plug it into my computer and it says " Your device has been detected but is not communicating. Please recycle the power on the device." I tried that and still nothing. Also tried unplugging it and plugging it back in. Then I tried a different USB port and finally a different computer and it still did the same thing. I uninstalled the Cricut Sync and then reran it from the support screen and I'm still getting the same message. What do I need to do? I am so lost.

I have Imagine Version 1.01
(0079:0008:0239:201G)
Windows Vista
Norton 360

Thank you
Heidi
Nevermind on my question. Adele posted a link to another one of your threads and I was able to get it fixed because another member had the exact same problem as mine.

Edited by user Sunday, February 20, 2011 10:56:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

♥ ~ Adele ~ ♥ Offline
#90 Posted : Sunday, February 20, 2011 3:08:03 PM(UTC)
♥ ~ Adele ~ ♥

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 1277 time(s) in 916 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cowgirl1hh Go to Quoted Post
I've only had my Imagine for about a week and when I went to put Birthday Bash in it the Imagine said I needed to run an update. I tried to plug it into my computer and it says " Your device has been detected but is not communicating. Please recycle the power on the device." I tried that and still nothing. Also tried unplugging it and plugging it back in. Then I tried a different USB port and finally a different computer and it still did the same thing. I uninstalled the Cricut Sync and then reran it from the support screen and I'm still getting the same message. What do I need to do? I am so lost.

I have Imagine Version 1.01
(0079:0008:0239:201G)
Windows Vista
Norton 360

Thank you
Heidi

Hi Heidi
Have you tried this (sticky) from Chris, it should let you update if you follow these instructions

http://community.provocr...ESTORE-INSTRUCTIONS.aspx

Hugs
Adele
 1 user thanked ♥ ~ Adele ~ ♥ for this useful post.
cowgirl1hh on 2/20/2011(UTC)