Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

JeanP Online
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 21, 2010 2:33:08 PM(UTC)
JeanP

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 820 time(s) in 674 post(s)
Now I am going to vent a bitAngry

When I started this swap, I was so looking forward to it being lots of fun. I loved the idea of the items we were making and couldn't wait to see everyone's interpretations. Other then receiving my super box from Deb and seeing what others made for their SS, It really wasn't much funSad I am sure it isn't on those still waitingConfused
There was just too much stress trying to make sure everyone was doing their part. I guess it is all part of being a hostess but I will not be hosting this type of swap again. If it were any other kind of swap, I wouldn't worry so much as I could do the extra myself. Being near the holidays makes it even worse as far as communications go. Everyone is just too busy or they overcommitted.

I posted my rules at the beginning of the swap and basically said don't sign up if you can't follow them. But it is now Dec 21st and we still have 5 people that haven't received their boxes yetAngry If all of these boxes were sent by Dec 11th then I wouldn't be here 3 days before Christmas trying to find out where the last few boxes areCrying

I do realize that there were a couple of emergencies that couldn't have been helped. I, at least heard from these people so I could pass along the information. I also thought I had goofed on my list so I had 2 people hold off a day or 2 with shipping.

To those of you that shipped early or on time-THANK YOU

Happy Holidays

Edited by user Tuesday, December 21, 2010 2:33:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

~~Kimber~~ Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 21, 2010 6:03:20 PM(UTC)
~~Kimber~~

Was thanked: 296 time(s) in 194 post(s)
Not sure what swap your talking about sorry that you are feeling this way. ((((HUGS))))
MissScrapAlot Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 21, 2010 8:38:34 PM(UTC)
MissScrapAlot

Was thanked: 67 time(s) in 52 post(s)
Jean I am so sorry to hear so many decided to be so difficult........thats a bummer!!!!!! I know I have ALWAYS received your things in a very timely manner when I have hosted and when we have been in the same swaps you always got them in a great time frame...might I add Jean does beautiful and meticulous work!!!! I will never hesitate to be in a swap with Jean and she has always been a delight to deal with!

Hugs and Loves,

Anne "MissScrapAlot"
Scrappy Tinman Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 22, 2010 4:10:34 AM(UTC)
Scrappy Tinman

Was thanked: 55 time(s) in 49 post(s)
This makes me so sad. I love swapping and am so thankful to hostess that have to work so hard to make swaps fun and possible. I am always reluctant to swap at Christmas time as time is so difficult to manage, the weather is unpredictable and then there is the dreaded flu. I am sure that everyone appreciates your efforts.

Hopefully, your swappers will get there stuff in ASAP and renew your swap mojo.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

PS. Not sure what swap you were hosting but if you need an angel, I would sure try to help you out.

Edited by user Wednesday, December 22, 2010 4:33:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

planlady19 Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 06, 2011 6:56:06 AM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Was thanked: 274 time(s) in 257 post(s)
jean i am sorry that this was not fun for you..because you made it some much fun for the ones of us that have been doing this swap with catherine.. i really loved this swap as christmas is my favorite time of the year..i loved looking at everyones pictues and have recently added some updated pictures of the items i recieved from catherine as i did not take very good ones when i first got the box but i wanted to make sure to post them.. i really liked looking at everyones pictures of what they recevied..as you and i had a conversation about posting pictures before i had hoped that my ss would have posted pictures of what i had sent and maybe she did and i missed them but i could not find them anywhere on the board so i know she was really busy working long hours and i understand and she did say she liked the box that i sent so i guess everything was ok..

please don't give up on hosting or doing swaps because a few people did not carry through on their promises..if i were you and i wanted to do one again next year or whenever i would remember the names that gave you problems and would not let them in your swap.

you will so helpful to me when i lost my job and i was not going to do this and you gave me the option of staying in or dropping out and i am so thankful for that.

so I hope that this helps a little.

thank you once again.
terri
JeanP Online
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 06, 2011 9:36:17 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 820 time(s) in 674 post(s)
WOW, I forgot I posted this!!!!!

I must have been having a really bad day. The swap was a Christmas SS Partner swap that I was hosting.

As far as I know, everyone has received their packages unless it was agreed upon between the partners.
It was just frustrating trying to contact everyone to make sure the swap ran smooth. Part of it was also my fault as I thought I had left out someone!!!! It took a few days to hear back from those invloved so that added to the stress.

Not hearing if and when boxes were received and not posting pics of the items received also was stressful. I know it was the holidays but a "THANK YOU" isn't that hard to do.

Thanks to those of you that commented.
I think I will stick to hosting my smaller swaps where I can angel a spot or 2 if needed.

Hey Anne, how are you??? Miss the Swap a CropBigGrin I now participate in the LID Challenges. Great for doing new layouts. Check the Layout threads today or tomorrow

planlady, I don't think your items were ever posted. Maybe I should contact her again!!!!
MissScrapAlot Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 06, 2011 10:10:46 AM(UTC)
MissScrapAlot

Was thanked: 67 time(s) in 52 post(s)
Hello Jean! I am doing okay, moved to PAsco Washington, heat hell of WA!!! LOL....dh and I got tired of the constant travel between 2 homes so I moved here, got a 3000 sq ft house, inground huge pool and my own scrap room out of the deal...lol...cant complain to much there...lol.....I have been stricken with either Rheumatoid Artritis or Fibromyalgia or both :(((( still waiting for drs. to make their minds up but I am in horrible pain 24/7.....dh felt so bad he bought me the Imagine in Nov in hopes of getting me to move around and craft again but i played with it once, its in the basement and the darn stairs hurts so bad, anyhoo I want to start up the SAC this month but I have been unable to find Stephs old post with all the info on it to start again :(......but I think I will post in a few weeks a newer version I guess, I really miss doing it also, I havent done a LO inover 1 1/2 probably :(.....I was hoping everyone would get over the Holidays and be refreshed for a new SAC........anyhoo.....I will try and get working on that soon......:)))) if you decide to host any swaps please let me know :))))

Hugs and Loves,
Anne