Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
NLGirl Offline
#31 Posted : Monday, January 03, 2011 5:50:15 PM(UTC)
NLGirl

Groups: Registered
Canada

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 117 post(s)
I went to M's today but didn't buy anything. Big Yay!

I went to look for some white cardstock for my Imagine, I went in with the plan only to buy the white paper
( you know essential ) I was hoping for a Bazzill all white pack or the Colorbok the the ladies recommended for the I.
No luck finding the cardstock.
I know WM sells the colorbok but our WM doesn't carry it unfortunately.

I was so wanting to buy the plastic storage tower with the 12x12 storage containers at 50% off, it was regular $80.00
but I made a commitment here at the challenge and didn't want to cheat.
I'm so glad I joined in because that's keeping me focused. Thanks ladies

Kathy
Caitlynsmommy Offline
#32 Posted : Monday, January 03, 2011 6:37:34 PM(UTC)
Caitlynsmommy

Was thanked: 339 time(s) in 253 post(s)
Kathy good job. Can you order the cardstock at walmart.com and do site to store shipping? Just a thought.

Here is a link to the 4by4 calendar I did for my MIL but I dont have pictures from the kit, but it was pretty basic. I also got a two pager done today but I dont like it Bored

http://crystalscraftycre...11/01/2011-calendar.html
MissyMel Offline
#33 Posted : Monday, January 03, 2011 7:38:46 PM(UTC)
MissyMel

Was thanked: 100 time(s) in 70 post(s)
Hey girls! Still no shopping for me. I do have an Amazon gift card that I got for Christmas so I may order some scrappy stuff from them, but I am NOT going over the amount on my gift card!! I don't think that counts as cheating. I am finished with LO #3 and I need to print out some more pictures too. I looked at the sales at M's and HL and nothing really interested me!

TU-Sorry your bag got thrown away! I have been working this weekend to get my house in order too. We added slide out shelves to our kitchen cabinets, and baskets to corral all the hats and mittens we have! I sent out two bags of clothes to Goodwill, and I hope I can keep it going. I am tired of living in this mess!

J-Bear-Welcome to the thread!!

Scrappea&happy-Welcome to the thread!! My goal is to make so many layouts or projects before I buy. I want to scrap 52 LO's this year and I think that this will help me get those layouts done!

Kathy-YEAH!!ThumpUp I don't have an Imagine, but I was able to find an all white pack of smooth cardstock at my Target. It may have been Colorbok. Of course you can't use a coupon there, but I seem to remember that it wasn't very expensive.

Crystal-Hey girl! Glad you got some stuff done! I messed with LO#3 all weekend, but never really sat down and got involved in scrapping like the other day! Hopefully I can get some work done now that DH is going back to work tomorrow!

I was also thinking about starting a Personal thread challenge like Cynthia used to do a couple of years ago. Do any of you remember that? It was always a good way to write down what I wanted to do and go back and see what was left. Any of you interested in that too? LMK!!

Have a good night everyone!
j-bear Offline
#34 Posted : Tuesday, January 04, 2011 10:20:06 AM(UTC)
j-bear

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 45 post(s)
So what do you think was waiting for me when i got home last night? A sales flier from Joanns and two craft catalogs.Drool I just have to be strong, I will not check online for anything! I will wait until we go to my sons doctors appt at the end of this month and then go to Michaels and Joanns. I only get to go every three months cause they are about two hours away from me.

Crystal great job, you only got 2 things that were on clearance!!

Kathy good job on staying strong!!!
TU Offline
#35 Posted : Tuesday, January 04, 2011 12:50:42 PM(UTC)
TU

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 52 post(s)
Love all the restraint I'm reading about! WTG

I'm glad I mentioned I still planned on doing swaps. Swapping in the RRR thread will help me with my need for bead! My grantor said she will send me bead related stuff!! YEAH! I was able to pass along some stuff I wasn't using too!
NLGirl Offline
#36 Posted : Tuesday, January 04, 2011 4:48:32 PM(UTC)
NLGirl

Canada

J-bear- oh no! Flyers, you need to get rid of those. I don't get flyers in my mail but I've been fending off email sales. Everyday I have 3-4 in my email box but like Missy I just delete them without looking.

Missy- your Lego layout is adorable. Lego's are great toys, my boys spent hours playing with them when they were little. I still have all their Lego's.
Missy, thanks for the colorbok tip for finding it at Target but sadly no Target stores anywhere in NL.
I agree ok to spend our Christmas giftcards on supplies as it is gift cash, right?
I'm still hoarding mine BigGrin
Missy please tell us more about the personal thread challenge. I keep a journal on layouts I want to get done, I write down the date
And info to have for the corresponding picture.

Crystal- Good job keeping within your budget.
I agree with Missy and a photo box is within budget and possiably essential. BigGrin
I think that's becoming my new word ( essentials ) LOL

Crystal, WM.Com don't take orders outside the US, I tried before to order the Lite carts. So fingers crossed that WM Canada will carry the Colorbok cardstock eventually.

Crystal, love what you've done with your calendar so far. March is a cute pic of the kiddies in what looks like a doggie kennel.

I'll check in later to see how you're all doing.
I'm off to work on another layout for my sons Military album.

Have a good evening all. Kathy
MissyMel Offline
#37 Posted : Tuesday, January 04, 2011 7:59:37 PM(UTC)
MissyMel

Hey girls, just checking in for the night! I am starting to get withdrawals from M's, HL, and J's!! I think I will spend some of my gift card money and then get a few things for a friend in a swapWink, and try my best not to order more than I need!!

NLGirl-Sorry I didn't realize that you were in Canada! If you can't find any let me know and I can send you some! The personal thread works like this. Each person decides what they want to get done in the month. For example, my challenge would be 10 LO's and 5 cards, and to make stuff for my Valentines Day swap, and clean up something. You make your own challenge. Then you just keep up with what you have finished. It was good to have everything I wanted to do in one place and then see everyone's stuff they finished too.

TU-I love getting beads too! They are expensive little boogers though!

JBear-don't even look!! I kept them in case I needed to get something for the swaps, but I didn't look!

I haven't gotten anything done these last couple of days. My knees and hips have been bothering me. But my DH is traveling for work the rest of this week and since I don't sleep well when he is gone, I just stay up most of the night scrapping. I have sent my pic's to be printed so I should have plenty to keep me busy. No buying for me so far!
Serina's Altered Life Offline
#38 Posted : Tuesday, January 04, 2011 9:22:01 PM(UTC)
Serina's Altered Life

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Okay everyone, I am in! I am new to the entire SCRAP/ALTER/Card Making world and have just realized how absolutely ADDICTIVE it can be. I can just go and spend HOURS walking around PC's, loving the smell, colors, etc. My start date is going to be January 10th, though, as there are a few things I need to purchase in order to finish all my Swaps. It is amazing the amount of adhesive you go through, i wonder if I am doing something wrong??? lol I have the Pink ATG Gun, and while it lasts and lasts, I have little tiny hands and find it quite difficult to use. It was a wonderful gift though, from my first granter on the Wishlist RAK (I, too have taken a sabatical). There is an adorable pink smaller gun that is sold at PC's and M's and I am seriously tempted to buy it instead of all the Tape Runner refills that I buy!

My goal is to stop the spending (except basic necessities like cardstock and adhesives) until all my SWAPS are done and I truly know what I want. I have been out of work since Dec. 15th and start my new job hopefully on the 10th. My last Swap is due March 1st, so that is the magical date for me... It should be easier because I will be traveling constantly. I have a small monthly budget set for my top 10 Wishlist that I can purchase if I can get on sale, especially since I do not have an established "Stash" like everyone is always talking about. I do have a small one that I have started when I find a fabulous deal. Especially if it is something that I see has been asked for on the Wishlist. :)

I have been thinking on my word for almost 3 weeks and my word for this year is also 'Deliberate'. I need to be more deliberate in getting what I start finished, being careful with what I commit myself to, time wise, money wise and every which way wise... Deliberately spending quality time with my family now that the time we are together will be so much less... So, DELIBERATE is it... I have been trying, hopefully I will get better... Blushing

Thanks!
Serina
NLGirl Offline
#39 Posted : Wednesday, January 05, 2011 1:12:56 AM(UTC)
NLGirl

Canada

Serina welcome! You will find all sorts of encouragement and support on these forums it'a a wonderful place to be but can be harmful also if you're on a spending ban because we have some enablers on the other message boards BigGrin
I do love reading the threads on what's new though.
I think we all go threw allot of adhesive. I have the pink ATG scotch gun that I got at M's and taught it might be to big to handle but wasn't, I like it.
I don't think I have a massive stash either but did feel that it could easily get out of hand so I decided to cut back and use/enjoy what I have. I have six carts purchased from Christmas not opened yet. That's probably my weakness right now there are so many cute carts and they are coming fast & furious.

Missy, thanks for your offer I will defiantly keep it in mind if I get tired of waiting for it to come to WM here. You always seem to be a couple of months or so ahead of us Canadian girls.
The personal challenge may be something that would be interesting to follow to see what everyones doing if nothing else.
I don't think it would work for me though becaue I would stress trying to get everything done for a deadline.
M's is an addiction that's for sure. I think it's good to do what we are doing ( the spending ban ) because if we didn't we could find ourselves on one of those hoarding shows on TV.Crying
Aren't the coupons a great marketing ploy? We try desperately to find something to buy so we don't waste that 40-50 coupon they put out. I've wasted half an hour walking around the store with one, good grief it't not like it's the last one I'd ever see.

Kathy

Edited by user Wednesday, January 05, 2011 1:16:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MissyMel Offline
#40 Posted : Wednesday, January 05, 2011 7:10:16 AM(UTC)
MissyMel

Serina, hey girl! Welcome to the thread! It's great to have another non-enabler on this thread, lol! I have the big ATG and I love it. But I only use on my big projects. When I have to glue something smaller or delicate, I use the little Tombow adhesives. Makes it much easier and I save some of my ATG adhesive.

NLgirl-Hoarders! I love that show, but it is very sad. I always go clean out something after watching that show. The season finale is about a guy that lives with over 1,500 pet rats!!!! It creeps me out when I watch the previews! You can actually adopt one of them from the hoarders website...yuck!

I have been trying to get my house organized. It has gotten out of control in the last year or so. Not hoarders style though. I have been able to get rid of 3 bags of clothes, organize my coat closet, and one of my kitchen cabinets since Jan 1st. I hope that I can keep it up. I want to try to get rid of 30 things a week that I don't need, want, can't wear, don't use, or doesn't make me happy. I need to learn to let go of stuff. I've got alot of stuff that needs to go. So my word for the year is simplify. I can clean alot easier if I don't have that much stuff to clean, LOL!!

Here's a question for you girls. I have some Ebay bucks that I earned by buying Christmas presents, about $20. I have to use it, or I will lose it. Would you consider that cheating? I picked out a Tilda stamp, (my first one. I want to try coloring with my Prismacolors.) and another stamp.

TU Offline
#41 Posted : Wednesday, January 05, 2011 8:00:58 AM(UTC)
TU

@MissyMel

Glad it's not 'MessyMel' Tongue. I don't think there could be many true hoarders in this craft! Too much that has to be cared for to be of any use or value. Most scrapbookers I've met are super organized with all their stuff in totes or storage units. I could never become a hoarder - my DH is way too 'Felix' (70's TV show reference BigGrin ). My DH does what our 7 yr old son calls 'schwapping' every, and I mean EVERY Sunday (he did since long before I met him). Schwapping is when all the furniture is moved away from the walls in the living room and kitchen/dining room, including the china cabnet (I know) and more often than not the appliances, and the area rugs are rolled up so he can thoroughly vacuum, and mop (with the commercial size bucket, mop and wringer!). It seems excessive to me - I mean sheesh, how dirty can it get BEHIND and under funiture and what not in ...a week? LOL - I love my DH Love Love - but you can see, nothing is safe on the floor (or furniture for that matter). No dust bunnies live here! If I leave a stack of magazines out for too long - they disappear (I guess they look like recycling to a neat freak Laugh).

Now, on to the eBay bucks. I say go ahead and enjoy them. I have a bead order I made before commiting to this that is still to come (they were closed for delivery over the holidays, but resume on Jan 10) and I plan to enjoy them without any guilt!

Cheers,
Tara
j-bear Offline
#42 Posted : Wednesday, January 05, 2011 8:19:54 AM(UTC)
j-bear

MissyMel I would enjoy your ebay bucks guilt free! You earned them before the spending ban and you will get to buy something but wont be braking the spending ban.

TU my husband is a neat freak to but he never touches anything in my areaMad he knows better,lol. I almost always have it cleaned up anyways because I hate working in a mess.

So far so good for me, I havent wanted to buy anything yet. Is it bad that I am really, really, really looking forward to going to Michaels and Joanns at the end of this month! Keep in mind I only get to go every three months.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 05, 2011 8:22:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TU Offline
#43 Posted : Wednesday, January 05, 2011 9:17:23 AM(UTC)
TU

@ J-Bear Good restraint! Hopefully you don't go craft crazy on your 3 month trips to M's or J's.

Off topic question for you. How did you make that multi-cut/fold card for your SIL? I have a thank you card to make and would love to scraplift the idea from you.
Caitlynsmommy Offline
#44 Posted : Wednesday, January 05, 2011 12:56:14 PM(UTC)
Caitlynsmommy

Hey ladies. I went to Ms today with a friend and HL and guess what I only spent 17 with ten of that or more being on my Vday swap partner LOL! I was hoping to find the Martha Stewart deep edge heart punch and use my coupon but my Ms has not put out any scrapping Vday stuff yet :(. Oh and 2.50 of it was on Caitlyns Valentine gift, one of the giraffes hugging a blanket that was on clearance so I spent what four bucks on me ? LOL!

Missy any gift cards, swagbucks, etc are free game. I have some money in the paypal that I will use to order a few things on my top 10 list if they ever go low enough for me. So have at it.

I have figured out that NOT going in the stores is what I need to do BUT I cant tell myself to not go in until X date since I will go nutso. So I am revising my goal (I know I stink) to staying under 40 a month for EVERYTHING including photo processing adhesive and swaps! Yep swaps too! I am keeping the whole paying myself thing only because it motivates me to scrap more. Is anyone else like me and goes through like a week (you know THAT week) where they dont want to do anything and if they do it is all torn, distressed and ANGRY!? Or am I just strange LOL!
j-bear Offline
#45 Posted : Wednesday, January 05, 2011 1:50:47 PM(UTC)
j-bear

TU wrote:
@ J-Bear Good restraint! Hopefully you don't go craft crazy on your 3 month trips to M's or J's.

Off topic question for you. How did you make that multi-cut/fold card for your SIL? I have a thank you card to make and would love to scraplift the idea from you.

I am going with a budget this time,I usually never have one, so I hope I will do ok.

I have the measurements at home for that card, I will post them tomorrow for you. I have a chiropractor appt. so I prob wont be online until the afternoon.
j-bear Offline
#46 Posted : Wednesday, January 05, 2011 1:56:31 PM(UTC)
j-bear

Crystal there is nothing wrong in changing what you are going to do. If you try to stick with something that is going to make you unhappy then you are going to break down and spend way more than you want to.

Crystal you are not strange, if I am not feeling like crafting sometimes I try to force it hoping that it will work. It never does I dont know why I keep pushing because I always end up having to redo everything that I have worked on. I am never happy with it and end up wasting time & paper on it.

What are swagbucks?
Scrappy Tinman Offline
#47 Posted : Wednesday, January 05, 2011 7:35:01 PM(UTC)
Scrappy Tinman

Was thanked: 55 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Caitlynsmommy wrote:
Tinman are you doing the actual class too? I was going to but it is 36.00 bucks so I will just try to live by my word and use a journal to document what I am doing good or bad

So today I have made the mini calendar/flip photo book for MIL so that is 10.00 in my scrap jar YAY! Yes 10 because it is 15 pages long and I had to get it done NOW LOL!

Yes my sister and I are doing the class. She lives in Ohio and I live in Kansas. She is 2 hours from her nearest SB store so her opportunities are limited.

Words are my "deal". I am an English major and a amateur poet so I have a real thing for words. So the Ali Edwards project is right up my alley.

I figured the 36.00 for the entire year of self reflection was money well spent and I would spend a fortune to spend a minute with my sister.

Marilyn
Scrappy Tinman Offline
#48 Posted : Wednesday, January 05, 2011 7:44:56 PM(UTC)
Scrappy Tinman

Was thanked: 55 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Serina wrote:

I have been thinking on my word for almost 3 weeks and my word for this year is also 'Deliberate'. I need to be more deliberate in getting what I start finished, being careful with what I commit myself to, time wise, money wise and every which way wise... Deliberately spending quality time with my family now that the time we are together will be so much less... So, DELIBERATE is it... I have been trying, hopefully I will get better... Blushing

Thanks!
Serina

It is such a great word isn't it! I am glad to hear someone else has the same struggles I do.
MissyMel Offline
#49 Posted : Wednesday, January 05, 2011 8:49:31 PM(UTC)
MissyMel

Girls, I had a CLOSE CALL today!!!Glare I had to go to Wal-Mart for a few household things and some food so please tell me why I had to go to the craft aisle and the clearance aisle?!?! I saw some really cute pink beads and they were only $2. I wanted to get them soooo bad but I put them back and told myself I could go back and get them when I had some money to spend. I was a little sad that I didn't get to make some stick pins out of them, but glad that I stuck to my plan!

I am heading to my craft room for the rest of the night!! I have #3 done and almost finished with #4! I also picked up my pictures and I should be able to get to #10 by this weekend!
TU Offline
#50 Posted : Wednesday, January 05, 2011 11:59:15 PM(UTC)
TU

MissyMel wrote:
Girls, I had a CLOSE CALL today!!!Glare I had to go to Wal-Mart for a few household things and some food so please tell me why I had to go to the craft aisle and the clearance aisle?!?! I saw some really cute pink beads and they were only $2. I wanted to get them soooo bad but I put them back and told myself I could go back and get them when I had some money to spend. I was a little sad that I didn't get to make some stick pins out of them, but glad that I stuck to my plan!

I am heading to my craft room for the rest of the night!! I have #3 done and almost finished with #4! I also picked up my pictures and I should be able to get to #10 by this weekend!

Well, good for you! You have resisted the temptation and you are really getting stuff done!

I skyped a company today about some eyewires because the plating was not doing so well when bending...and well...umm the free eyepins turned into some...um...stuff. BUT my PayPal will cover it, so I think Crystal will grant me a pass! Hope the rest of you are as generous!

See, you did REAL WELL! I'm aspiring to be as disiplined as you!
TU Offline
#51 Posted : Thursday, January 06, 2011 12:00:21 AM(UTC)
TU

j-bear wrote:
I am going with a budget this time,I usually never have one, so I hope I will do ok.

I have the measurements at home for that card, I will post them tomorrow for you. I have a chiropractor appt. so I prob wont be online until the afternoon.

Thanks!
j-bear Offline
#52 Posted : Thursday, January 06, 2011 12:16:34 PM(UTC)
j-bear

TU I realized as I started typing this that I brought the wrong instructions with meBlushing. I brought the ones that use a 10 1/2 X 5 1/2 paper. I did not use that for the card you are talking about so I looked some up on google for you and found these on SCS. It is basically what I did and then cut the pattern paper to fit the areas that I wanted it in. When you fold on the lines just make sure if you fold the first line in fold the second line out so that you end up with it folded like i have it in the picture on my blog.

Start out with a 8 1/2" x 11" sheet of card stock
Score at 1 3/4", 3 1/2", 7" and 8 3/4". Cut your lines horizontally at 1 1/2" and 3 1/2" from the first to the last score line. You will end up with a card that measures 3 1/2″ × 5″.

I hope this helps
j-bear Offline
#53 Posted : Thursday, January 06, 2011 12:17:36 PM(UTC)
j-bear

TU
Here is more detailed instructions on the card so you can see pics on each step
http://www.splitcoaststa...utorials/trishuttercard/
Caitlynsmommy Offline
#54 Posted : Thursday, January 06, 2011 1:50:47 PM(UTC)
Caitlynsmommy

Well I bought two of the ten things on my top ten list today: DCWV Dots/Stripes/Plaid and Celebrations 12X12 packs of paper, like I freaking needed any more paper YAY RIGHT but it is super cool and not in colors I already have so yay me. I think I will be purging paper very soon and selling on craigslist, or on here, flat rate large box for 25 plus shipping, how does that sound?
MissyMel Offline
#55 Posted : Thursday, January 06, 2011 8:03:32 PM(UTC)
MissyMel

Caitlynsmommy wrote:
Well I bought two of the ten things on my top ten list today: DCWV Dots/Stripes/Plaid and Celebrations 12X12 packs of paper, like I freaking needed any more paper YAY RIGHT but it is super cool and not in colors I already have so yay me. I think I will be purging paper very soon and selling on craigslist, or on here, flat rate large box for 25 plus shipping, how does that sound?

Sounds good!! Can I buy it, LOL!!!
Caitlynsmommy Offline
#56 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2011 3:23:33 AM(UTC)
Caitlynsmommy

If you want to Missy let me know! LOL!
TU Offline
#57 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2011 9:10:08 AM(UTC)
TU

j-bear wrote:
TU
Here is more detailed instructions on the card so you can see pics on each step
http://www.splitcoaststa...utorials/trishuttercard/

Thank you so much! It is such a pretty card! I love your version!
TU Offline
#58 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2011 9:12:16 AM(UTC)
TU

Since my slip on the beads, so to speak. I wanted you all to know that I have taken the first step of the condition I set for my bead commitment. I joined Etsy. I'm working on a few ideas for my 5 things to list. Please wish me beginners luck!

Hopefully I can redeem myself with you already disiplined gals! I'm working on it...baby steps :)

Edited by user Friday, January 07, 2011 9:12:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

j-bear Offline
#59 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2011 9:23:32 AM(UTC)
j-bear

Good luck TU on the etsy!!

I slipped a little but my husband said when a deal comes along you have to get it so I am getting a box of paper from Crystal. Sometimes you just have to do it BigGrin
MissyMel Offline
#60 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2011 10:17:34 AM(UTC)
MissyMel

j-bear wrote:
Good luck TU on the etsy!!

I slipped a little but my husband said when a deal comes along you have to get it so I am getting a box of paper from Crystal. Sometimes you just have to do it BigGrin

Crystal, you're not supposed to be enabling on this thread!!! LOL!!!BigGrin BigGrin

I finished up Lo's 4, 5, and 6 and have started on another project that I will count as two or three. I am going to try to post them on my blog tonight and this weekend. Hopefully I will get all that done, but we have a busy weekend planned. I won Camp Out off ebay and paid for it with my Ebay bucks and still have some left over!! I am going to place an order for a swap and take advantage of combined shipping, so hopefully I can finish my LO's before I place that order. My friend is also placing a CTMH order and I need some ink pads and I want the storage tower. Ugh, why couldn't she wait another week?!?!