Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Scraprageous Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 25, 2011 7:28:27 AM(UTC)
Scraprageous

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 140 time(s) in 137 post(s)
Just looking for ideas. Dd graduates from home school this year and I need to complete her album. For her senior year, I had planned to have a page for every subject as well as the 'standard', yearly photos we use for school id's, but was looking for more ideas - especially for her.

Forensics, math, phys. ed., and language courses

German, Science Classes, and Writing were fairly easy, but just not positive on the others.

If you have any ideas you are willing to share - I would love it! TIA
garagesaler Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 26, 2011 11:50:42 AM(UTC)
garagesaler

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 2490 time(s) in 1991 post(s)
All I can think of right now is the standard ones we do- first day of school, field trips, science experiments, crafts, cooking... Any particular memorable days this year so far? Good luck, I am sure it will be great.BigGrin
GrandmaCindy Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2011 5:51:44 PM(UTC)
GrandmaCindy

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Scraprageous wrote:
Just looking for ideas. Dd graduates from home school this year and I need to complete her album. For her senior year, I had planned to have a page for every subject as well as the 'standard', yearly photos we use for school id's, but was looking for more ideas - especially for her.

Forensics, math, phys. ed., and language courses

German, Science Classes, and Writing were fairly easy, but just not positive on the others.

If you have any ideas you are willing to share - I would love it! TIA

What about using one or more of the Sports cartridges for Phys. Ed.? Is language an English literature type of class? If so, you might try using "books" with titles of lit that she has read this year. For math and/or Forensics, some of my students are taking "Medical Careers" class and had to make a poster about their selected area of medicine. They used the Every Day Paper Dolls doctors, nurses, etc. If you look closely, you will find that My Community has people and vehicles that represent various careers that relate to math and forensics--like an ambulance for the coroner's office. Learning Curve also has education-related items.

I will try to keep you in mind and see if I think of anything else that might help you. Do you have very many cartridges? If you have a Gypsy you can search for topics related to what you want. That's what I have taught my high school students to do when they want something special, rather than depending on my memory to remember which cartridge might have what they want.

Good luck! If you have specific ideas, you can PM me and I'll try to help.
Scraprageous Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 20, 2011 10:29:02 AM(UTC)
Scraprageous

United States

Was thanked: 140 time(s) in 137 post(s)
Thanks so much!

Never thought about just using books. I use cricutsearch.com a lot!! I like how it shows all the images plus cartridge name - much easier for me.

The pooh and friends had a great little book I ended up using as a journal spot - worked out wonderfully. I have a generic sports page - I did use the sports mania cartridge for a lot of various images to kind of make a border.

I don't have a ton of cartridges, but I had forgotten about Everyday paper dolls and the science items - test tube, microscope (use with microscope slide) and a little person in a lab coat BigGrin

Thanks again for great idea

Edited by user Sunday, February 20, 2011 10:30:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified