Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

InkyIdahoan Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 8:39:58 PM(UTC)
InkyIdahoan

Groups: Registered

I noticed that I'm not able to cut the phrases on this cartridge. I get a message about "option not available." I have the original Cricut. Am I doing something wrong or is it because of my machine? I'm really disgusted that I spent so much on this cartridge and I can't use all the options. I can cut intricate phrases with other cartridges, like Paper Lace. Any suggestions?
CricketCMV Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 9:30:35 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7973 time(s) in 4654 post(s)
Dianne - I don't have that cart, but I went out to look at it and I am seeing that as long as you are not hitting the SHIFT key when you show the cut you want to make (phrase), your phrase should cut.

Will that help? If this is the problem, it will help you to look at your booklets (if you have them) or "view" the "information" tab out at Cricut.com to see when you use SHIFT and when you don't use SHIFT.

On each cut, anything on the LEFT or bottom left (of each section of different functions) is called up without SHIFT. Anything on the RIGHT or upper right in each section is called up by using the SHIFT key.

If this isn't the information you needed, please comment again, so we know you still need help. OR, if it does help, come back and let us know your problems is solved.

Char
 1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
InkyIdahoan on 1/30/2011(UTC)
scrappinintoronto Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2011 2:31:05 PM(UTC)
scrappinintoronto

Canada

Was thanked: 232 time(s) in 171 post(s)
I used this cart a couple of days ago. i cut the phrase Daddys girl. Not sure if this helps (I am at work so cant look)

On second thought I used Hannah Montana. SORRY Now when I get home I will check Quarter Note. Its been a long day
Arlene

Edited by user Friday, January 28, 2011 2:33:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

scrappinintoronto Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, January 29, 2011 5:04:23 PM(UTC)
scrappinintoronto

Canada

Was thanked: 232 time(s) in 171 post(s)
well I finally went and had a look at that cartridge. It appears that the shift for phrase shadow shows unavailable but the other shadow on the page is exactly the same and it does work. I hope this makes sense. It always amazes me that this kind of stuff makes it to production.

Arlene
InkyIdahoan Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 30, 2011 11:50:38 AM(UTC)
InkyIdahoan

Groups: Registered

BigGrin Char thank you so much!!! That was my problem, I was trying to cut the phrase larger, so I was trying to cut the shadow one with the shift key. I just checked and cut out a phrase. I can get back to making decorations for the marching band fundraiser!!!

Edited by user Sunday, January 30, 2011 11:51:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified